• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What will Inno have in-store for us in 2019?

DeletedUser99588

Probably because they’ve used the competitor’s playform to advertise their app duh

Then that is Inno placing an advert not the competitor. That is not what you wrote originally but I understand what you mean. I haven't seen the advert so cannot comment on the content. The fact is though that the browser was first and the App was an addition. It now seems the pendulum has swung and Inno need to balance things up where they can. To be fair they do seem to be trying to do that with new content.

DeletedUser110327

How about he hits Post Reply and an Industrial age Howitzer blows his post up with a little boom and kills all his rogues?

:D

Emberguard

Legend
*ahem* not only is this off topic, but you're starting to get personal. An apology to each other wouldn't go amiss, but at the very least please refrain from insults

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
What ever inno has pland for us ... one thing is for sure ... no matter what it will be we will still play ... at least me ... i have a great guild that gives me more then enough things to do ...

DeletedUser108359

What ever inno has pland for us ... one thing is for sure ... no matter what it will be we will still play ... at least me ... i have a great guild that gives me more then enough things to do ...

Yeah agreed, we will bitch and moan, cry and beg, laugh and smile, but at least on this game it keeps changing and moving.
Not like another game i was playing, they took everybody's money for just over a year, then closed the server and said cheers. ( dirty sods )
Here at least we know the devs do listen, ( not that they always do as we want, lol ) but the game stays alive, and tha'ts good enough for me.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
But i am also sure that if we persist and keep coming here with ideas and coments and feedback to all they do we will be heard ...

P.S. Positiv thinking can make a change and bring nice things ...

DeletedUser108359

But i am also sure that if we persist and keep coming here with ideas and coments and feedback to all they do we will be heard ...

P.S. Positiv thinking can make a change and bring nice things ...

Agreed.

Emberguard

Legend
Here at least we know the devs do listen, ( not that they always do as we want, lol ) but the game stays alive, and tha'ts good enough for me.
Indeed. For 2019 I'd love for players to keep discussing the different elements of the game, what makes it tick and how they'd like the game to evolve. However I would not want the game to be exactly as people ask - there'd be no fun left in the game. Some players enjoy the challenge, others want everything easy. There are also players who /think/ they want something but don't yet understand the game well enough to truly know whether they'd want that change or realise how much it'd effect the balance. For some of these players once you discuss with them why the game works that way they change their mind about the idea, others don't. The physical age and ingame age of the player would change drastically how they perceive the game, what they'd like improved and how easy or difficult it is to grasp the game.

Generally I find games that remain with a challenging element still have enough content that casual players can still enjoy. Maybe not in the same way as those that find the challenge thrilling, but still fun in their own way

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Indeed. For 2019 I'd love for players to keep discussing the different elements of the game, what makes it tick and how they'd like the game to evolve. However I would not want the game to be exactly as people ask - there'd be no fun left in the game. Some players enjoy the challenge, others want everything easy. There are also players who /think/ they want something but don't yet understand the game well enough to truly know whether they'd want that change or realise how much it'd effect the balance. For some of these players once you discuss with them why the game works that way they change their mind about the idea, others don't. The physical age and ingame age of the player would change drastically how they perceive the game, what they'd like improved and how easy or difficult it is to grasp the game.

Generally I find games that remain with a challenging element still have enough content that casual players can still enjoy. Maybe not in the same way as those that find the challenge thrilling, but still fun in their own way
Well for sure there must be some challenge otherwise it is no fun ... i general i don't think the game is to hard ... and new changes that has happened i really like like the one with at least one full lvl special building in event and hopefully that will continue:-)

DeletedUser110327

Some players enjoy the challenge, others want everything easy.

Hi Emberguard, I think this needs exploring. I don't think categorising all players into two camps of easy gameplayers and challenging gameplayers is accurate. What players are looking for is entertaining gameplay. Perhaps this needs discussing in its own forum, but I'll try to get it kicked off here to give you an idea of what I mean.

I'm in PME at the moment, and I have commandos with the Hide in Forest skill. I hardly ever use commandos, even when I know they are the correct unit to choose. That's because Inno's computers are programmed to strip the map of trees if we use commandos. However, defensive forces with commandos always have trees to run and hide in. Giving troops skills and then stripping the map of the terrain they can make use of isn't entertaining in the slightest. It's annoying. We aren't looking for easy gameplay, we're looking for entertaining.

Most of the time if I select heavy units against artillery and soldiers, the map generated is nothing but huge swamps to make things as difficult as possible. If I surrender and select artillery units which would have suited the previously generated map, the new map is flat like a billiard table with no swamps or forests, and the enemy light units would murder my artillery units so I have to surrender again. If I then go back to heavy units, lo and behold, nothing but swamps.

Some might call this challenging gameplay, but I call it wearisome and annoying. It isn't entertaining in the slightest. I'm not looking for easy, I'm looking for entertaining.

How could the gameplay be adjusted then so it was both challenging and entertaining? Easy, if you use troops which have a big defensive and attack bonus on rocks, give them a 50% defense and attack cut if you put them in a forest or a swamp. You could even remove the melee if a military unit is placed on incorrect terrain. Generate sufficient terrain so players have to choose carefully where to place their troops and you have challenging gameplay that is entertaining. This would also make the Auto Battle button rather dangerous, which can only be good for the game.

Simply using computers to strip terrain so you can't use skills isn't challenging gameplay, it's pretty mindless to be honest.

I'd like to hear a proper discussion on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
I'm in PME at the moment, and I have commandos with the Hide in Forest skill. I hardly ever use commandos, even when I know they are the correct unit to choose. That's because Inno's computers are programmed to strip the map of trees if we use commandos. However, defensive forces with commandos always have trees to run and hide in. Giving troops skills and then stripping the map of the terrain they can make use of isn't entertaining in the slightest. It's annoying. We aren't looking for easy gameplay, we're looking for entertaining.
How is it you can come to these assumptions? The terrain is totally random and based on the age of the units, not the unit itself. If you do not like the terrain all you need to do is retreat.

Most of the time if I select heavy units against artillery and soldiers, the map generated is nothing but huge swamps to make things as difficult as possible. If I surrender and select artillery units which would have suited the previously generated map, the new map is flat like a billiard table with no swamps or forests, and the enemy light units would murder my artillery units so I have to surrender again. If I then go back to heavy units, lo and behold, nothing but swamps.
when you surrender, you should not change units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

If you do not like the terrain all you need to do is retreat.

Yes, retreating is extremely entertaining gameplay, especially when you have to do it half a dozen times and then wait hours and hours and hours until your attempts regenerate.

The terrain is totally random and based on the age of the units, not the unit itself.

Perhaps terrain should be based upon the attack boost of the player as well as the age of the units. Then those of us who don't have level 100 CDMs, Aachens and Zeuses might find GE entertaining as well.