• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #7 2017-06-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Back to 2 mins; no chance of winning then!
We all have some chance. In the meantime, we can talk nonsense or talk of things like:
Anyone want to talk Summer Event starting next week?
I've already started getting ready, hoarding expansions, keeping back dwellings and such won in the GE and thinking about when/if I want to advance a level.

That last one is a biggy. Advance late, and you can end up with a load of lovely buildings all of the previous age and all needing to be renovated/upgraded. I don't know about you but I find such kits are in short supply. Advance early and the things you have to build things for the quests will have to be previous age because you haven't had chance to research yet. Of course, if - like my main world - you have already decided to hang around in the age you are in for some time, it isn't an issue.

DeletedUser108047

bummer... seems odd given that a lot of the recent game development seems to have been to encourage or prioritise fighting

LadyHecate

Major-General
My main city has been in CE since the Winter event so no issues there! Will be donating Goods rather than Research a Tech and with GE options rather than Scouting it should be a breeze. Just need to remember to build those Blacksmiths to knock out all those Production options.

LadyHecate

Major-General
This is true, however, I don't mind completing the TE map despite being in CE as it gives you unattached TE troops to use in GE and/or defend your city.

I've managed to scout well ahead, so have provinces available.
A couple of expansions kept back (otherwise I won't resist filling them up) for a bunch of blacksmiths. Will delete a farm if I need to.
Dwellings in my inventory, likewise a culture building or two. Other old buildings to clear if necessary.
Planning to have top troops in the age by then, so will combine any fight chances with medal grabbing in the PvP Tower (not doing so well at that, this week..).

How to make sure I get a full set of the right buildings, or not care? I see on beta that some have like 3 palaces and only two towers: I guess the multipliers still work?

DeletedUser110195

I was unaware of any 'multipliers' in regards to the effects of happiness buildings, if that's something to do with premium buildings I wouldn't know, I find spending diamonds on something that will barely last one or two ages past its own to be a bad idea, even if you have a ton to spare...as you'd be better off buying the blueprints for some high end happiness GB like lotus temple, which pairs perfectly with inno tower(they really put some thought into the CE GBs)

I'd suggest my city on Dinegu for ideas on how to set up a well oiled EMA machine without premium buildings. On them and my other alt worlds I'm aiming at clearing story quests through to colonial, and make my defense utterly impossible to beat by other people of my age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Ahh...having taken a look at it, yes, so long as every duplicate piece of the set is touching something other than a copy of itself, it will gain 1 tier of production per unique building, duplicates aren't affected in any way and you can have any number of copies directly next to each other, if something unique is touching each, they'll all get improved productions.

Also Dinegu is no longer something to look at for EMA ideas....I've decided to push it to HMA

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Posting.JPG

Very good, Augustavian.

On your point about diamonds, I have used them twice:
1. Buying a theatre when I knew no better. Not that it doesn't last a while but I've never spent diamonds fot buildings or units since.
2. Buying an expansion. I'm likely to buy more expansions as I collect diamonds from the game.

I have seen many new users' villages which have obviously had lots of money spent on them, yet are pathetic. Forcing oneself to get going without spending money is very worthwhile. For a trader, it probably is worth buying a defence army, though.

DeletedUser110195

Why buy one? Earn one through GE, and then later story quests. I'm looking forward to freaking people out by having industrial units on my defense while in HMA. >=)

DeletedUser110179

This is true, however, I don't mind completing the TE map despite being in CE as it gives you unattached TE troops to use in GE and/or defend your city.
I still haven't managed to get any of those "age-ahead" troops ... although I've scouted 2 ages ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.