• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #6 2017-06-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9168

I spent a hoarded 200 diamonds for my first GB. Never again! Within a couple of days, I had the very blueprint I had needed, along with a complete set for another GB. That taught me: patience is a virtue in this game.

There is a secret additional force operating here - as soon as you gain the long-awaited missing 9th blueprint, the bps for that GB always flood in.

DeletedUser110195

I think that's just a general rule of the universe: After you've bled to do something, the break you were waiting for to do that thing without bleeding comes along.

Indeed. I have been a self-employed contractor for much of my life, with typical jobs from 3 months to a year. Every time I was out of work, there was always a growing urgency to find work. Often, just after I had settled on a job which didn't pay quite what I hoped, or was a long way away from home, someone I had been talking to suddenly offered a job at good rates, nearby.

I even tried turning down that first offer a couple of times. It didn't work: I just got more desperate and settled even lower, or further .. only to have a better offer within days.

As you say, "a rule of the universe."

DeletedUser110195

Enough of this depressing stuff, let's move on to better topics, like how awesome hot wings are =D

DeletedUser110131

Re: Staying awake for seven days
It's possible, and is considered the maximum acceptable duration in scientific experiments. It's not for the fainthearted, though. Outside controlled experiments, people have been reported to have died from prolonged deprivation. In most cases, it has been in combination with other conditions, such as heart problems. In some cases, the subject has been reported to have been in good health prior to the deprivation. However, since they haven't shown the consideration of dropping dead in a laboratory setting, it's still possible that other factors were involved. Too much coffee, for instance. Some experts argue that it's impossible to stay willfully awake long enough to die from sleep deprivation alone. Regardless, I'm not entirely sure that a premium building is worth the risk. Of course, it's "only" seven days, but then the next competition starts, and before you know it, you're in medical textbooks as "death by terminal stupidity, complicated by fatal stubbornness".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

If one wanted to win this that badly, they only need a partner to stay awake with them for 24 hours, and just post nonstop. 7 days would not be required.

And as I said, no more depressing stuff! Like dying from staying awake too long :P

LadyHecate

Major-General
Considering that you only have to be within 4 minutes of the wining time you'd only need to post every 8 minutes and could spread you posts out over the week, c. 3.5 hrs / day; e.g. spam every 8 minutes on Monday between 0800-1130 and then pick up 1130-1500 on Tuesday etc.
And best hot wing flavours: sriracha, jalapeno and maple-chipotle!

DeletedUser108047

I'm using Inno's random generator - guaranteed to lose :(

Hot wings? Not a thing downunder

DeletedUser110195

You mean to tell me, Aussie's don't pour hot sauce over chicken wings? Are the reparations to the Emu's really so bad? ;)

Also....I see Amy has expanded the range at which someone wins, used to be 2 minutes.

You mean to tell me, Aussie's don't pour hot sauce over chicken wings?
That sounds like the biggest catering con yet.

Butcher: "I don't know what to do with the wings, I sell the chicken breast to make pies, I sell the legs in freezer packs because of the tasy meat, the necks make good dog food but the wings: there is hardly anything on them but skin and bone."
Entrepreneur: "So what do you do with the wings?"
Butcher: "I have to throw them away, which is costing me money!"
Entrepreneur: "I tell you what, I will take them off you and not charge at all."
Butcher: "Great! You take my rubbish for free!"
Entrepreneur then covers the wings in sauce, quickly cooks them (cooking time minimal because there is almost no meat) and sells the rubbish to a grateful public for lots of money.

My goodness, I wish i was that clever. Anyone want to eat my kitchen scraps? I'll cover them with a hot sauce so you won't know what you are eating!

DeletedUser110195

Well for the target customers(in the beginning anyway)it was perfect, no one's looking for anything big in a bar, so a dozen chicken wings with a variety of sauces went over well, and now it's gone so well they've stopped using exclusively wings and just shape chunks of chicken meat to look like wings. I actually prefer these because they're boneless, makes eating them nice and cleanly a lot easier.

DeletedUser110179

Invited 3,000 people to like FoE on Facebook. I started my online gaming experience with FB ... when FB was still fresh and exciting.
I'm sure many friends are looking for an alternative gaming experience to what FB has on offer.

FoE is a bit like having Peking Duck when you've only been exposed to Chicken Wings. ♣

DeletedUser108047

Hot Wings was a Mattel die cast toy range in the 70s... putting sauce on them didn't make them any more edible

Status
Not open for further replies.