• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #6 2017-06-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Gardner is the holder of the scientifically documented record for longest time anyone has intentionally gone without sleep not using stimulants of any kind.

In 1964, Gardner, 17 years old and still a high school student in San Diego, California, stayed awake for 264.4 hours (11 days 24 minutes).

David Blaine apparently attempted to beat this record in 2007 but failed to do so.

DeletedUser110195

11 days with no coffee sounds horrific....but to go that without sleep too? Did he wind up needing a strait jacket? I know that would drive ME insane.

11 days with no coffee sounds horrific....but to go that without sleep too? Did he wind up needing a strait jacket? I know that would drive ME insane.
There's stuff on the Internet that says anything more than 260 hours without sleep wil drive a person insane. I don't know how anybody knows, though..

joesoap

Major-General
if i even have to go 1 night without sleep i need a nap the next day just to get through but maybe its just a sign that i'm getting old

Is it just me that has oodles of coin in my towns (and not an inconsiderable bank of supplu, either)?
I've not been anywhere near running out since half-way through the bronze age. The closest I came was entering the EMA, when I used up almost half my coins during a spasm of upgrading.

DeletedUser110195

Is it just me that has oodles of coin in my towns (and not an inconsiderable bank of supplu, either)?
I've not been anywhere near running out since half-way through the bronze age. The closest I came was entering the EMA, when I used up almost half my coins during a spasm of upgrading.
The divide between what's needed and what you earn continues to widen as you go, and because of that, it becomes ridiculously easy to buy what would be unthinkable amounts of FPs with coins to someone at the lower end of the tech tree, even at industrial the coin income vastly outstrips what it costs to produce goods and upgrade things.

In a real economy, that would cause massive inflation, which effectively brings down the value of the coins. It's a pity inno got such poor balance. I suppose it's a result of having a game which one can never actually win!

DeletedUser110195

Well no, the cost of things increases as you move up in age, so your money supply increases with it as a counter-balance.

There was an old man in UK,
Who thought having loads of coins was OK.
When asking why sums so large,
Was told that's the way it is in Farge.
(Alright, so I had to fudge that last word: just read it with a funny accent.)

DeletedUser110179

I suppose it's a result of having a game which one can never actually win!
Yah, this is one of those RL games where there are no winners or losers ... you win by being in it rather than in it to win.
That said, getting to the top of the world rankings must be pretty kewl ... especially one of the early old-world servers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a chance anyone but the coffee-guzzling Augustavian will win, since he will be staying awake for the next three days, waiting for someone else to post.

DeletedUser6065

There's stuff on the Internet that says anything more than 260 hours without sleep wil drive a person insane. I don't know how anybody knows, though..
It is true.
Look at how much time we spend here.
Look at the posts.
**Does this count?**
. . . mk

DeletedUser110195

Hah, I drink one pot a day and I'm not even close to the worst about that ;)
One pot barely tacks on an extra 2-3 hours before I become one with my bed. :P

DeletedUser9168

you wouldn't have to stay awake around the clock - just work shifts each day - then get a few hours' sleep, but over a different period each day of the week.
that said, i'm going to sleep each night so i won't win!

DeletedUser110195

Hey, I went to sleep every night the week I won, so don't lose hope!

DeletedUser110195

A full set of BPs for any GB from the age you are in or below
I think with this..I just may force my way into progressive, if I win, just to get traz ready for building now, rather than whenever I feel like moving up(I've planted my feet and am determined to not go past industrial before sneaking an inno tower into my city)

Status
Not open for further replies.