• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #6 2017-06-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Nooooooooooooooooo! Lotus Temple is rated one of the worst GBs in the game!! There's probably only a couple I would rate lower!!!
Well what other building provides both happiness to sate all those people living in the inno tower AND coins to make up for not having houses?

I imagine those you would rate lower are or include the colosseum and notre dame

DeletedUser108047

Later in the game you'll need both houses and Inno/habitat for population. The houses will, with a range of other buildings provide you with more coins than you can use... It took me a while to balance coin and supply creation and consumption but it comes out in the end.... now paying 251k per fp and still banking cash daily...

DeletedUser110195

Well I am admittedly only going for Lotus Temple on my alt worlds, all of which are EMA and staying there for a good long while. For that age, a lvl 10 LT would provide far more coin than all the 8 hour houses I can squeeze into my limited building space.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Well what other building provides both happiness to sate all those people living in the inno tower AND coins to make up for not having houses?
If you're replacing Residential buildings then just build, and level, Habitat as Dane also recommends. For compensating Happiness use FoD and/or Alcatraz or if you're in a serious GE/GvG guild Atom.

DeletedUser110195

I'm a fighter only on my main world so Alcatraz isn't a thing I'll be aiming for. It may be unthinkable to add LT to my alt cities(like me contemplating building notre dame anywhere, or worse the colosseum)but I think LT and IT are best, 72 tiles, get coins, happiness, population and FPs, I think it will work for the lower ages, since I intend on moving through the ages at the speed of a snail on a hot skillet.

CE GB that increases population and provides you with forge points every 24 hours: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Innovation_Tower

Thank you. Now I need to compare it to the Tower of Babel, though I see that more of a goods GB than for population.

And goes nicely with the other CE GB, Lotus Temple, for those low end worlds where you just want to purge your houses to make room for other, more useful things.
OK. So, all I have to do is get all those goods and lay my mitts on the requisite number of blueprints (I keep meaning to work out how many one needs on average to get the nine, just as a mathematical exercise).

DeletedUser108047

Re blueprints odds - search these forums - there have been some fascinating threads on BP collecting
Babel is much easier to raise than Inno... unless you have a fairy godmother or guild mate :)

There is also a very good thread on the relative value and importance of great buildings

LadyHecate

Major-General
OK. So, all I have to do is get all those goods and lay my mitts on the requisite number of blueprints (I keep meaning to work out how many one needs on average to get the nine, just as a mathematical exercise).
On average, you need to collect 33.5 BPs in order to collect a full set of 9 BPs for a respective GB. Hence why a lot of players pay the 200 Diamonds for that last elusive BP as the average is 24.5 BPs to collect 8 of the 9 BPs.

On average, you need to collect 33.5 BPs in order to collect a full set of 9 BPs for a respective GB. Hence why a lot of players pay the 200 Diamonds for that last elusive BP as the average is 24.5 BPs to collect 8 of the 9 BPs.
This sounds right until one takes into account the ability to trade 2:1. That (fortunately) cuts the number down considerably.

I spent a hoarded 200 diamonds for my first GB. Never again! Within a couple of days, I had the very blueprint I had needed, along with a complete set for another GB. That taught me: patience is a virtue in this game.

LadyHecate

Major-General
This sounds right until one takes into account the ability to trade 2:1.
It takes that into account too! However, instead of gaining a BP from contributing to another's GB your trading two you have already; you still need to, on average, acquire 33.5 BPs be it by trading 2:1 or contributing to same GBs.

DeletedUser108047

which is why shrines of inspiration and Rainforest GB are useful...

It takes that into account too! However, instead of gaining a BP from contributing to another's GB your trading two you have already; you still need to, on average, acquire 33.5 BPs be it by trading 2:1 or contributing to same GBs.
The reason I presumed it wasn't was because of the two figures you quoted:
"...you need to collect 33.5 BPs in order to collect a full set of 9 BPs for a respective GB. Hence why a lot of players pay the 200 Diamonds for that last elusive BP as the average is 24.5 BPs"
The difference is nine, which is the average chance of being given a specific (last) blueprint - 1:9. I could be wrong, as statistics is not one of my mathematical specialities.

LadyHecate

Major-General
You're right; I added on one stage too many! However, it is still a difference of 9 between getting for 8 BPs to the elusive 9th!
25.5 BPs needed on average to collect a full set of 9 BPs for a respective GB. 16.5 BPs on average to collect 8, 12 BPs to collect 7, 9 to collect 6 etc.

Acknowledgement as filler.

Edit:
Nope, it can't be 9, even on the last one. The chances are high that, having got 8 you will get two that you already have. That means from those two you have a 1:7 chance of getting the one you want. That's a 6:7 chance you'll just get another that you already have, with a 1:9 chance that the next one will be what you need, and a 1:8 chance it will be another duplicate (with a 1:8 chance of the duplicate being a trebling, meaning the chance would be 1:8 of getting the next one, if you do the exchange). So the statistical probability (i.e. average number needed) is less than 7 tries for the last one. What the number IS, I don't know but at a guess it is more like 5 or 6.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108047

who needs blueprints? a roll of gaffer tape will hold the rest together

Status
Not open for further replies.