• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #42 2018-02-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112538

Please visit towns of those players. I really wonder how many HoFs they have to get so much prestige to be top 3 guild with just 2 members
Wait, 2 was the days in top 10 Members are dozens

DeletedUser112538

But at first I though only 2?? but then there was 0 underneath Ghosts in the guild (not shell)

DeletedUser110179

It's a shame Alcatraz can't be instructed to produce Rogues Only.
I'm doing a bit of Iron Age GvG where units take 1:30 Hrs to train ... Alcatraz takes 23 hours for the same unit.

I built 10 IA military buildings (unlocking the diamond unit in each) ... conceivably producing 100 units per day but Alcatraz @ level 22 produces 20 units (with only about 2 rogues). If you battle with 1 Original + 7 Rogues and lose 1 or 2 rogues per battle ... you're not having a great day of it.

I guess you have to use fewer rogues ... even if the overall losses increase.

Alcatraz.png

Clearly, Alcatraz is more cost-effective at higher ages, where units take much longer to train.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

I'm doing a bit of Iron Age GvG where units take 1:30 Hrs to train ... Alcatraz takes 23 hours for the same unit.

I built 10 IA military buildings (unlocking the diamond unit in each) ... conceivably producing 100 units per day but Alcatraz @ level 22 produces 20 units (with only about 2 rogues). If you battle with 1 Original + 7 Rogues and lose 1 or 2 rogues per battle ... you're not having a great day of it.
I think yes, use less rogues as your troops are way cheaper, also you can expend troops but not rogues in this case. Say 4+4 and do make sure your normal troops get hit first, at least once rogues convert.

DeletedUser110179

I think yes, use less rogues as your troops are way cheaper, also you can expend troops but not rogues in this case.
Say 4+4 and do make sure your normal troops get hit first, at least once rogues convert.
With so few members in GvG ... we may have to use auto-battle to take a sector quickly (before the enemy come online) .

IA-10 Feb 21.jpg

DeletedUser111866

So many ballistas - maybe they are inefficient in fact? Maybe go for 8*archers or 8*soldiers?

DeletedUser

Come join us in Modus! We're #2 on EN11 and #3 just declared GvG war on us on 5 maps! It's going to be a long and drawn out war of attrition!

I thought about that, but if you only accept people in CA and above, even if I was accepted, would I have any chance to participate? Do you do GvG in HMA or LMA?

LadyHecate

Major-General
I thought about that, but if you only accept people in CA and above, even if I was accepted, would I have any chance to participate? Do you do GvG in HMA or LMA?
We have sectors on all maps although action on the lower Ages is infrequent; primarily due to having players of higher Eras who whilst they can conquer sectors then struggle to fill DAs. If you're generating the required Goods (Obs/Atom/Arc/donations) and have troops to fill DAs then almost anything can be accommodated. We have both Obs and Arc building programmes in the guild that help with the goods generation side.
Alternatively, we have a slightly junior sister guild, "Orbis Non Sufficit" who are ranked #7 which we've used as a training ground for potential members; I spend several months there myself on the journey to joining Modus. If that currently looks more appealing then drop Lionwen or Ronin a PM and mention my name.
We can also help out with those AO goods!

DeletedUser110179

So many ballistas - maybe they are inefficient in fact? Maybe go for 8*archers or 8*soldiers?
I noticed that 8 Balistas were the worst opponents ... causing the most damage (mostly 2 or 3 units lost).
I should think that Archers are very popular because the Archery is 3-times smaller than the Ballista camp (2x2 vs 3x4).

Ballistas are going to do serious damage to Archers.
Every combination can be beaten ... but how much damage can you inflict and how much can you slow them down
(esp if they're forced to battle manually).

Archery_Range.png
Ballista_Camp.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
I noticed that 8 Balistas were the worst opponents ... causing the most damage (mostly 2 or 3).
I should think that Archers are very popular because the Archery is 3-times smaller than Ballista camp (2x2 vs 3x4).
I've seen very successful IA attackers use both 8 Archers and 4 Archers + 4 Ballista.
Unless facing 8 fast units of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.