• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #38 2018-01-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
That is impressive GE involvement; I'd guess well managed guilds, with people leaving while on holiday etc.

On negotiating; humans are intuitively very bad at dealing with random chance. We evolved to find patterns; it's why we have these big brains, and we don't like a lack of pattern.
Lacking other info (previous yellows) each space should be looked at independent of others. Other locked goods have NO bearing on un-solved spaces; put in whatever you have most of / would rather waste (Murphy's law; always assume you'll be wrong ;)).
As a result, I will always put in stuff I've previously locked, because THAT time I did the same, and chose my most plentiful resource :)

I get that it's meant to be random. Up until today I thought it was random and as treating it as such

But this is also the first time I've beaten Lvl 4 and having to use 10 goods in 5 slots

I started to notice a high frequency of duplicates and that it tended to be of the same good within a encounter, rather then multiple goods duplicated within a encounter.

Once I changed strategy to go for the good that had already been locked in more then once for the final attempt I got far more successes then previously. But only on the final attempt if I don't have enough info to know what the good would be

I'll have to see how this week goes as you're right, it might have just been a co-incidence

But then again, in programming class the teacher always said that random number generators were never truly random

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

South-African-Flag.jpg

Emberguard

Legend
Lol :D daily quest - do 500 posts ;D

And lol, every time you refer to @Amy Steele i keep either panicking or being really confused as to how you guys know my name. Then realize you meant the username

There, now you know I don't have to worry.

DeletedUser111589

Its much better to be

24002.jpeg

Although, titles don't bring any kind of privilege on forum

Status
Not open for further replies.