• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #32 2017-12-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure ... I just wondered if the actual AI has been changed recently.
It has never been so easy ... only lost 1 unit in six sectors ... eventhough I used HMA Champions against Colonial Age Rangers.
Good grief, I wouldn't even have attempted that!
I don't know why, since I confidently attack LMA armies with Iron Age archers. Perhaps it's because I expect to lose archers (2 hours to repace, cheap, 3 barracks taking the space of one later-age).

DeletedUser110179

And what do you mean it reminds you of Inno?

Edit: And now I've watched the video. Interesting watch. It certainly explains a lot of their marketing decisions. Although one thing they didn't say is the more you diversify into everything, the less you can charge for your product. More often then not if you're trying to sell to everyone and you end up selling to no one. But by having a few niche products you can raise the price because it does exactly what the customer needs. The only problem is if it becomes so niche that no one can use it for anything at the price you're selling
Inno listens with one ear ... but knows better (They are the strategy game leader on mobile).
Most people whine and complain about distress in their own world without knowing what makes a great game great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just had one of those "duh!" moments.

I've kept away from St. Mark's Basilica because it generates even more coins that I have suplus of already. However, on beta - which I don't bother planning in any way at all* I built one just for the heck of it. And found out the hidden advantage.

It might not be worth it for the coins (the goods are always welcome) but the big thing is that even at level 1 it doubles the coins collected. So long as you are on recurring quests, this means that the most frequent quest is doubled in volume - equating to maybe 5 more quest rewards even at level 1.

I might revise my planned GB building on live worlds!

______
* For a "strategy game" it is interesting to note how little actual difference there is between my beta world, started around June/July, and my live worlds, started March/April, given that I have at times deliberately messed up my beta town and never bothered with any strategic planning on it. The only other difference is that on beta, I use quite a lot of (free) diamonds. 'Strategy', eh?

DeletedUser111866

on beta, I use quite a lot of (free) diamonds. 'Strategy', eh?
I thought it's common knowledge that a whale beats normal players if he's at least somewhat skilled. As they say, "money defeats evil" :P
even at level 1 it doubles the coins collected. So long as you are on recurring quests, this means that the most frequent quest is doubled in volume
You need long-playing houses to utilize St Mark's bonuses, but really it can buff your quest rate. Imma going for Chateau for this purpose, since UBQs are even more frequent than fnords.
I've just had a message from 'system messages' so I think I've won :-)
If it says "Your a winner" then yes. Otherwise, it might be a cheat warning, for example.

DeletedUser111589

We don't have authority for such a thread unless If you can pay the reward yourself.

DeletedUser110179

It's a Neverending Story ... there is no ending ... it's just like FoE.

Are you willing to go on a dangerous quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

FoE already reached the last era

but nobody will know it until 2023 when they will release the 35th and last part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.