• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #32 2017-12-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

Is it just me or has has anyone noticed a change in the Map AI.

I just did the "Acquire 3 sectors by fight" on two worlds and the AI always attacked my rogues first
(It used to be that they attacked the original unit first).

With so many DCs requiring a sector and Inno wanting everyone to move up ... I wouldn't be surprised if they made it easier.

DeletedUser111866

I expect that AI always attacks a unit if able, so just have rogues in range while your mai n unit will be out of range, your rogues will be attacked.

DeletedUser110179

I expect that AI always attacks a unit if able, so just have rogues in range while your main unit will be out of range, your rogues will be attacked.
Sure ... I just wondered if the actual AI has been changed recently.
It has never been so easy ... only lost 1 unit in six sectors ... eventhough I used HMA Champions against Colonial Age Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

regular province or bonus province ?
Bonus sectors.

Continent Map.jpg

Opened two sectors for the Winter Event.

DeletedUser111866

Doubt champions would be of good use there, I'd select a heavy unit (unless HMA champion is one). Rangers are fine but weak to melee, and there you would get rogues (melee) and champs/heavy inf that are also melee.

DeletedUser111589

Last few provinces on Old World (colonial especially) is ignoring rogues if normal is within range. That's why its said that the map AI is better than GE and DA.

I had most problems fighting 8 cannons (possibly same type of unit just from LMA). That destroyed my army multiple times, barely won it.

DeletedUser110179

Doubt champions would be of good use there, I'd select a heavy unit (unless HMA champion is one).
Rangers are fine but weak to melee, and there you would get rogues (melee) and champs/heavy inf that are also melee.
It's the first time I came up against Rangers ... I needed 3 hits with HMA Champions ... but still lost only 1 unit overall ... hence my surprise.

DeletedUser111866

I had most problems fighting 8 cannons
Hmm, should be doable with cavalry, maybe with mounted archers if you can drop a cannon with their first attack. Still a nasty army, designed to do harm rather than win.

Emberguard

Legend
Awesome. Thanks mate. I'd like to take this time to thank all these wonderful people for the past week of back and forth conversation

popcorn.gif

DeletedUser111589

Hmm, should be doable with cavalry, maybe with mounted archers if you can drop a cannon with their first attack. Still a nasty army, designed to do harm rather than win.

I did make it with champions in the end. It was hard because they focused on normal instead of rogues

DeletedUser110179

Ignoring the customer can really pay off ... makes me think of Inno.

Emberguard

Legend
That depends on how you ignore customers. You can't ignore them completely.

Customers don't always express what they want accurately. Sometimes they'll come to you with a request. But the request isn't necessarily what they actually want so much as the solution they've thought up of for what they want. So it's upto the company to dig deeper and find out is this something that should be implemented, or is there something better that would solve the same problem this customer has.

And what do you mean it reminds you of Inno?

Edit: And now I've watched the video. Interesting watch. It certainly explains a lot of their marketing decisions. Although one thing they didn't say is the more you diversify into everything, the less you can charge for your product. More often then not if you're trying to sell to everyone and you end up selling to no one. But by having a few niche products you can raise the price because it does exactly what the customer needs. The only problem is if it becomes so niche that no one can use it for anything at the price you're selling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.