• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #32 2017-12-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! Here is this week's thread. This week we are again offering

500 Winter Stars

as the prize. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is post a reply in this thread. Normal rules apply. This competition will close at 11pm on Sunday 17th December. Good luck everyone!

DeletedUser104719

First!

That is not anywhere near as satisfying as I had been lead to believe by general competition to post first in these things :P

DeletedUser111866

Today's DS is a hall of fame. When should people bother with these?

DeletedUser104719

I see we have a superbowl event coming on beta; as a stalwart supporter of american football (and indeed all sports) I look forward to this chance to once again immerse myself in rampant advertising and halftime shows! </sarcasm>

@ih8regin when they love their guild :D

DeletedUser110179

This Hagia is getting a bit odd ...

It's getting close to one person being able to snipinge 1st place alone ...
It's about the same as a Level 30 Arc .

It's the first time that anyone has sniped 1st with such a huge amount (ivana has a Level 64 Arc ie 82%) .
She's only making 6% profit but she's pretty close to 50% of the total level.

I guess that if you really want to make a good profit you have to hunt in a pack (or a pair) ... and snipe 1st and 2nd place ...
leaving most of the hard graft to the owner (with most of the rewards gone).

Hagia Level 45.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

@Bridgeman55 The FP reward vs investment curve has a maximum at about lv50 for every building, so with your HS at 47 you're very close to that maximum. At this point people might pay 50% right off the bat and still have profit.

DeletedUser110179

@Bridgeman55 The FP reward vs investment curve has a maximum at about lv50 for every building, so with your HS at 47 you're very close to that maximum. At this point people might pay 50% right off the bat and still have profit.
I wonder if that's true for Hagia and CdM aswel ...

Most high level GBs take 75% more fps for one level ... making a Level 30 Hagia and CdM really more like a Level 20 high-era GB
(compared to Kraken, CC, Inno etc). Also, the medals are minimal.
Hagia and CdM make small jumps in fp per level ... meaning you need 75% more bps.

That said, it's still getting exciting.

DeletedUser111866

I wonder if that's true for Hagia and CdM aswel ...
Seems so, at least with the given numbers paying 730FP for the first place is already profitable if your arc is above lv50. CDM should be about the same. So far I haven't seen buildings with a majorly different growth curve.

DeletedUser110179

Seems so, at least with the given numbers paying 730FP for the first place is already profitable if your arc is above lv50.
CDM should be about the same. So far I haven't seen buildings with a majorly different growth curve.
Kraken requires 1,485 at Level 20 ... Alcatraz, 1,465 for L 33 ... Hagia, 45

(I just got the Addicted award ... 1,000 messages)

DeletedUser104719

Kraken requires 1,485 at Level 20 ... Alcatraz, 1,465 for L 33 ... Hagia, 45

But are the FP rewards similar for those levels? If the rewards are different, the max 'FP reward/FP cost to level' might still be at the same level

DeletedUser111866

I mean that every building has an extremum in reward vs investment curve, maxing ROI at about level 50. The absolute value varies per GB, of course, but it's really exceeding 1.0 for some levels and GBs. Probably investing in Kraken doesn't result in profit if you place 50%, regardless of arc level, but the relation between FPs for first place and GB's level cost is about the same in quality.

DeletedUser

I got a Victory Tower today. Not bad, thought I would have preferred a Hall of Fame.

DeletedUser111589

On Jaims, 3 cheery garden items.

Let's say we have 5x50 space and 50 of each cherry item (just a number, not all have to be used up, just for best set up) which would be best set up?

DeletedUser111866

I like victory towers for now, they fill spaces I can't optimize enough, or dead ends of roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.