• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #30 2017-11-27

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Naw, just joining in a rage war between vegans and hunters on facebook and someone claiming to be from Kendal, UK is saying it's legal to interfere with hunters and stop them from hunting.

Vesiger

Monarch
As far as I'm aware it's not illegal - there's no divine right to hunt.
(In fact, certain types of hunting are prohibited, and if you claim that the hunters are secretly planning to undertake them under cover of another type then you can present yourself as a doughty defender of the law...)

DeletedUser110195

Well sure, to be allowed to hunt legally you have to be licensed for the animal you want to hunt, have to have a tag for each one you kill and the animal has to be in season....this person was suggesting that even if all conditions to hunt legally are met it still would be permissible to stop a hunter from hunting.

DeletedUser111589

Its funny how in lots of mythologies, gods have children with animals.

Heya, all you Englanders out there...could any of you tell me what the hunting laws are over there? I've checked the results google gave me and they sound like what we have over here, apart from religious silliness...no hunting on sundays or christmas? 0_o
I don't know much about hunting here but it is VERY tightly controlled. There are organised pheasant shoots and - if you are wealthy and connected - you might even be allowed to hunt deer on the large private estates (mostly in Scotland, not England). That's just my uninformed 'knowledge' though - ever since fox hunting was "banned" (if wasn't really, it's just that foxes may only be hunted by slow and indescriminate poisoning, not chased down in a manner where the wiley and fit are likely to survive) hunting has gone more underground and hushed-up generally. The country was long ago tamed and long ago overcrowded to have a large hunting culture like that in Canada or even in the USA.

I don't see this as a penalty. I normally play these days with 1h refreshes, if I'm not going for the RQs with one day productions, so fifty a day is more than doable. Whoever is in CA with 90+ alchemists will not even scoff at this. Forcing a research? I recall they say there's an alternative to this one.
It's all very well for the unemployed or retired but most folks can't be on every hour of the day. The wealthiest customers are out working much of the day, sleeping for much of what is left.

90 Alchemists in CA? What are you smoking?

Yes, forcing a research. Inno went back on their word on Halloween and on New Year's Eve, will be going back on it again. You HAVE to research .. and there was no way to know that at the outset, even with beta, because the so-called beta testing of the Winter Event hasn't even finished yet!

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

Dec 29: In a production building, finish a 1-hour-production 50 times AND Spend 10 Forge Points
Dec 30: Buy 10 Forge Points AND Spend 10 Forge Points
Dec 31: Research a technology

I don't really mind since I've been itching to unlock a new Land Expansion.
I know that many players prefer to stop time and stay in a particular era ... but I'm quite keen to get to "Infinity and Beyond".

DeletedUser111866

90 Alchemists in CA? What are you smoking?
Well, I meant the CA building that is 3x2 and misnamed it - the proper name is "Clockmaker" so yes, alchemists will be for smoking really. I was referring to CR's heavy questing guide for the number however.
It's all very well for the unemployed or retired but most folks can't be on every hour of the day.
While true, I just bring my tablet out when I go for a break, and tap a lil while not on the workplace. Both targets done, I am working and playing for enough to collect stuff often enough to justify such small timers.
Dec 31: Research a technology
Now this is a bummer. Good for me that I still have plenty to research while I advance through EMA, still forcing a research is not a good thing to do IMHO.

DeletedUser110179

It's all very well for the unemployed or retired but most folks can't be on every hour of the day.
The wealthiest customers are out working much of the day, sleeping for much of what is left.
Dec 29: In a production building, finish a 1-hour-production 50 times AND Spend 10 Forge Points

To be fair, most people will be on holiday (except the Chinese and emergency services) and should be encouraged to do it 10 times during one day.

DeletedUser111866

Grrr. Is it just me, or DCs are getting biased towards battles/sectors per day? ATM more than 50% of dailies over 2 last weeks were requiring battles and/or sectors.

vikingraider

Emperor
Grrr. Is it just me, or DCs are getting biased towards battles/sectors per day? ATM more than 50% of dailies over 2 last weeks were requiring battles and/or sectors.

Must be awful having the opportunity of daily challenges.

To be fair, most people will be on holiday (except the Chinese and emergency services) and should be encouraged to do it 10 times during one day.

Where does this myth come from that practically everybody has Christmas off?

DeletedUser96901

you can avoid battling world map sectors in the DC if you don't have a province open

DeletedUser111589

@vikingraider1 from movies. Remember how many Christmas movies there are and every showing happiness and spending time with family without a thought of work.

DeletedUser111866

DeletedUser110179

Must be awful having the opportunity of daily challenges.
Where does this myth come from that practically everybody has Christmas off?
The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence
(In reality, Daily Challenges probably isn't that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow).

If you ever watched an episode of Friends, you'ld think people live in a coffee shop and never work.
I don't know anyone that works 24/7/365 ... so everyone is getting a little off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.