• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #30 2017-11-27

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

Well, let's start with FIFTY time one-hour productions
then go on to New Year's Day, which will FORCE a technology research (or quit the Event early).
Wow ... that's heavy ... on top of needing 4 Halmbock for my arrangement (which is just plain nasty).
At 1,500 apiece it's almost worth buying 1 or 2 with diamonds since unwrapping a re-shuffle is almost like 2 DS (but you only get one).

Bugs software 2.gif

DeletedUser108047

all this plotting, planning, shaking the presents and working out their cost is taking away from the joy of christmas - giving to Inno!

DeletedUser110179

what does that mean
Prinza the Hunter has been having a hard time with all the software bugs ... but software engineering is a tough job.
Funny thing, you can add more programmers to a task but actually make the situation worse (The Mythical Man-Month) .

all this plotting, planning, shaking the presents and working out their cost is taking away from the joy of christmas - giving to Inno!
So true ... Inno has given so much to the gaming world for the past 5 years ... it would be nice to give back something.
(They must be pulling their hair out with all the software bugs, financial challenges and bush-wacking a path into the future).

Last edited by a moderator:

vikingraider

Emperor
I’ve not enjoyed this years event as much as the others. I think it’s because I haven’t seen the attraction of the full set.

DeletedUser110179

According to pawelp: Winter Event Recommendations: Buildings are small. You will use a lot of diamonds to purchase them.

If you are looking for FPs, this is a very poor event to get extra buildings as it carries high diamond per fp/day cost.
If you are looking for goods/day of the most recent age, this is an excellent event for you.

If you have deep pockets and you are looking for a large amount of attack bonus, this is the event for you (see winter village size 12 combo).

DeletedUser110179

if you are looking for FP
use your stars for SoK
;)
Probably gets a bit pricey if you try to get more than 1 SoK per day unless you get the "double payout"
(since you have to unwrap the re-shuffle).

DeletedUser96901

at least I don't end needing 4 other on all sides and have only 3 and not getting the FP of the building :lol:

DeletedUser110179

at least I don't end needing 4 other on all sides and have only 3 and not getting the FP of the building :lol:
SoK look all the same ...

It's like collecting 1,000 Penny Black stamps or Flowing Hair Dollar coins.
... traveling through the countryside and everywhere is only wheat .

A bit boring (Variety is the spice of life) .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

let's start with FIFTY time one-hour productions
I don't see this as a penalty. I normally play these days with 1h refreshes, if I'm not going for the RQs with one day productions, so fifty a day is more than doable. Whoever is in CA with 90+ alchemists will not even scoff at this. Forcing a research? I recall they say there's an alternative to this one.

There's far too many buildings to want too many of them. Inno have gone back on their word and are forcing people to advance ages again (or stop playing fully) so it won't be long before you'll need a horde of upgrade kits, which you won't have time to collect because .. Inno have gone back on their word and are forcing people to advance ages again (or stop playing fully). So spending money - or even in-game diamonds - on this event is a waste.

DeletedUser110195

Heya, all you Englanders out there...could any of you tell me what the hunting laws are over there? I've checked the results google gave me and they sound like what we have over here, apart from religious silliness...no hunting on sundays or christmas? 0_o

Status
Not open for further replies.