• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #20 2017-09-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

What the Arc does do is help players to 'finish' quicker .. but there is no win on this game, so there is no race to finish, unless you just want to stop playing .. and that is easy enough to do.
Such is life ... we all play until we leave the field (sooner or later).

I enjoy the economy, investment and levelling up GBs ... so I set my target to leveling all GBs to 101.
Any goal will leave you finished at the end of the race.

Either, enjoy the moment ... or plan for the future (mystery is often more fun than knowledge and certainty) .

101_red 300px.png

DeletedUser

New GB is yet another disappointment from Inno :( I was wondering lately if they ever enter into any world and look what people have built...
Inno, you have to give something good from time to time, and not only give us crap, and expect us to be happy like a little trained monkeys.
Less and less is holding me to this game, by each Inno update...

DeletedUser110179

I remember being so proud when I first had 1 million coins.
Look at what I noticed recently:
View attachment 13233
I know that's still nothing to some of you. I'm in HMA, going to LMA in a few weeks.
I hate coin because it's a fools paradise ... fps are the real currency in FoE (Chasing coin is like playing football on an ever-increasing field) ...
so I wont be building St. Mark's Basilica .

That said, I have never allowed coin to exceed 2 Million ... eventhough 1 fp cost me 50k ... just as I never allow huge amounts of fps to sit around idly (though I am trying to save up 1,000 fp-packs to invest in some big stuff) .

St._Mark's_Basilica.png

DeletedUser111589

I hate coin because it's a fools paradise ... fps are the real currency in FoE (Chasing coin is like playing football on an ever-increasing field) ...
so I wont be building St. Mark's Basilica .

That said, I have never allowed coin to exceed 2 Million ... eventhough 1 fp cost me 50k ... just as I never allow huge amounts of fps to sit around idly (though I am trying to save up 1,000 fp-packs to invest in some big stuff) .

View attachment 13237

Not even for those goods that come with Basilica?

While I do agree that coins are pretty much useless, they are needed at times. Besides with that coins boost, imagine how much more FP you could buy.

BTW, would coin or supply boosts work on GB?

vikingraider

Emperor
Build a Cape GB and buy enough FPs with your coins to level it instantly to Level 5+; get those coins working for you!

Can you elaborate on this please? I'm in IndA and just got my Cape. And I've about 45m coins with fp costing around 48k. I spent around 25m coins getting fp for Arc goods.

DeletedUser110179

If that is wrong, then I have been led into a false path :(
Being led into a false path is the best world of all (You have to play this game with half-logic and half-madness).

I'm aiming to level GBs to 101 (as quickly as possible) ... but I'm also doing Seven @ One Blow (7 GBs in the Mud) which doesn't even make sense to me.
  1. Dynamic Tower (got the goods and bps)
  2. Arctic Orangery (need goods, got the bps)
  3. Arc (need goods, got the bps)
  4. Innovation Tower (got the goods and bps)
  5. Cape Canaveral (got the goods and bps)
  6. Castel del Monte (got the goods and bps)
  7. Temple of Relics (got the goods and bps)

Mud Gastonberry 500px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vikingraider

Emperor
I am following a different path with my secondary city. The Arc is not necessarily the primary GB above anything else. What the Arc does do is help players to 'finish' quicker .. but there is no win on this game, so there is no race to finish, unless you just want to stop playing .. and that is easy enough to do!

Many players build the Observatory to help their guild. Many top guilds require it. Yet the Atomium is far superior in goods: superior for FP contributions and superior per city square.

Go build your Observatory and your Arc, I won't critisize you for it.

Isn't one of the reasons a lot of top guilds require an Observatory, is for the GvG defence boost?

DeletedUser110179

Isn't one of the reasons a lot of top guilds require an Observatory, is for the GvG defence boost?
Indeed ... a little rough on so many people who only play on android or iPhone .
Perhaps, it's just made it back onto my list of Top 10 GBs (I've always viewed the Obs as a distraction when Arc does so much more).

Observatory.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

You are positive that they all turn out x of each? That is not what most goods buildings do, which is why I wasn't surprised to find that guild goods buildings didn't (as I thought) except the one instance that was specified as 'each goods'.
Very sure, when you look at an Arc in the game it will say that it gives x number of each current age good.

Haven't heard how kraken works, but assuming it "charges" and you know when it is now ready. When it is ready those tracking simply only attack strong defense until it fires. Reserve the no defense fights until it starts charging again.

Why not make kraken an uber unit. Have it produced once a day (maybe limit a city to 1 kraken at a time, or let players stockpile them). Kraken's power is scaled based on highest tech unit on same team. Kraken can not be placed on defense. Kraken does not heal.
Judging by what Lady Hec has reported about it in this very thread, you get a relatively low chance of it being triggered when you attack and only a handful of times a day, and there's no way to know when it has until you start the fight.

Of course, if this applies to map battles, one could simply reload a sector until it triggers.

DeletedUser111351

Judging by what Lady Hec has reported about it in this very thread, you get a relatively low chance of it being triggered when you attack and only a handful of times a day, and there's no way to know when it has until you start the fight.

Of course, if this applies to map battles, one could simply reload a sector until it triggers.
Well yes, but that "handful" per day, is that based on a server-wide hard reset (with or without any indicator of when it is ready or how many tries left)? Is it like like Lighthouse, where after 24 hours since last clicked it I can click the GB and now I get an icon in that right info panel with a Kraken image and number of times it is capable of firing?

I realize even when it is ready it may or may not trigger. But if one at least knows when it is potentially active, one can skip easy fights as much as possible until all charges have exhausted or they've completed all hard fights they wanted to do. Not claiming this would be ideal. Just the general working strategy.

DeletedUser110195

Well yes, but that "handful" per day, is that based on a server-wide hard reset (with or without any indicator of when it is ready or how many tries left)? Is it like like Lighthouse, where after 24 hours since last clicked it I can click the GB and now I get an icon in that right info panel with a Kraken image and number of times it is capable of firing?

I realize even when it is ready it may or may not trigger. But if one at least knows when it is potentially active, one can skip easy fights as much as possible until all charges have exhausted or they've completed all hard fights they wanted to do. Not claiming this would be ideal. Just the general working strategy.
The number of times 'first strike' can happen a day is refreshed when you collect the medals, as is the case with all GBs that have a perk tied to an action. There is no server reset that has any bearing on this.

uJJBE

https://imgur.com/gallery/uJJBE

Are goods buildings necessary with 5 wishing wells?

P.S. how do I make linked image show itself?
They are very needed...what can eliminate the need for goods buildings are tribal squares. While the goods from wishing wells can bolster your goods production, that is but 1 thing out of 6 you can get out of them, and not an encouraging % at that.

DeletedUser111351

uJJBE

https://imgur.com/gallery/uJJBE

Are goods buildings necessary with 5 wishing wells?
Depends how many goods you need and what you are trying to accomplish with them. 5 wishing wells will not produce very many goods. According to the estimated odds, you'll get roughly 3 goods total per wishing well per day (6 once tech goes to ME or above.

DeletedUser110195

Depends how many goods you need and what you are trying to accomplish with them. 5 wishing wells will not produce very many goods. According to the estimated odds, you'll get roughly 3 goods total per wishing well per day (6 once tech goes to ME or above.
Wishing wells behave like tribal squares when it comes to goods I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong, and you get current age goods whenever goods is what it puts out. The number would remain unchanged.

DeletedUser111589

The town is supposed to be secondary/ gem farming. Its still in iron age (could go to EMA anytime soon)

DeletedUser110195

The town is supposed to be secondary/ gem farming. Its still in iron age (could go to EMA anytime soon)
If you mean to make it a diamond mine, then yes your goal will be to put down as many wishing wells as possible. You'll want more than 5 to be sure, but with enough wells you can replace everything, because you'll get enough of everything from your fields of wells that you don't need anything else.

DeletedUser111351

The number of times 'first strike' can happen a day is refreshed when you collect the medals, as is the case with all GBs that have a perk tied to an action. There is no server reset that has any bearing on this.
If the odds are low enough then it becomes completely ignored for strategy purposes. Doesn't matter if one knows when it is active or not. When it happens, congrats, but otherwise do all actions and planning as though it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.