• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #20 2017-09-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

In a game where people get to level 4 within an hour of the announcement and talk of levels per day on GBs, I think it would be daft to expect too much at the low levels. Start seeing what a level 50 Kraken (which is a god, not a building) can do.
I agree, it's not nearly as bad as what it sounded like in that first post regarding how often you get this, and if it increases the number of times it can happen along with the chance that it happens, then my initial assessment stands.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I agree, it's not nearly as bad as what it sounded like in that first post regarding how often you get this, and if it increases the number of times it can happen along with the chance that it happens, then my initial assessment stands.
Then you need to go and post as such on the Beta Forum! I asked in one post whether anyone could find anything positive to say about it and four pages later we're all still waiting for that positive post!

Furthermore, I think the point is missed that this is not a unit strike.
It means when the battle starts, the first thing to happen is an enemy unit dies. Then the battle continues as normal (units taking turns to move/attack).
So when Kraken does strike, it means that your enemy effectively starts with just 7 units .. and that can have a big impact on a battle, more so than if a unit has to make the kill.

What I don't know is if the battle count is both defence and offence.

DeletedUser110195

It only has a chance to activate when the GB owner attacks; and can only be applied during the first wave of a multi-wave battle.
Which is the only wave I would want it to apply to.

And yes Prinza I know that 17x5=85. 22x5=110, so the Arc wins.

It only has a chance to activate when the GB owner attacks; and can only be applied during the first wave of a multi-wave battle.
That is a pity. First-wave only is fine. It really wouldn't make sense to apply it to second-wave attacks and isn't where it can do most damage.

And yes Prinza I know that 17x5=85. 22x5=110, so the Arc wins.
According to the wording on the wiki, I have understood that the Arc turns out x goods, whereas the Atomium turns out x of each goods.

If that is wrong, then I have been led into a false path :(

DeletedUser110195

According to the wording on the wiki, I have understood that the Arc turns out x goods, whereas the Atomium turns out x of each goods.

If that is wrong, then I have been led into a false path :(
I am sorry my friend, but you have been led down a false path. All three guild goods buildings give x number of each daily, the Arc will continue to reign supreme until a new guild goods building is introduced.

DeletedUser111589

If Kraken were to cost bronze age goods and were placed in water/ocean instead of town grid, then perhaps it would be fine. I can't imagine great building with such poor performance for AF being worth it.

In first 5 battles a chance exist of killing strike. Meaning it could happen that a kill strike doesn't happen at all.

I am sorry my friend, but you have been led down a false path. All three guild goods buildings give x number of each daily, the Arc will continue to reign supreme until a new guild goods building is introduced.
Oh, *******!

Well, I have just bought the goods to build the Atomium. So now I am conflicted :(
I will change the wording on the Wiki. You are positive that they all turn out x of each? That is not what most goods buildings do, which is why I wasn't surprised to find that guild goods buildings didn't (as I thought) except the one instance that was specified as 'each goods'.

LadyHecate

Major-General
If Kraken were to cost bronze age goods and were placed in water/ocean instead of town grid, then perhaps it would be fine. I can't imagine great building with such poor performance for AF being worth it.

In first 5 battles a chance exist of killing strike. Meaning it could happen that a kill strike doesn't happen at all.
It's an OF GB not AF!
And at Levels 1-2 it's only First 4 Battles! Around Level 10 this increases to 6 Battles and c. 33% chance I believe; so twice per day on average.

You are positive that they all turn out x of each?
Absolutely positive! I've had all three Obs/Atom/Arc in my main city for quite some time!
Try trading up your ME goods to PME and build Cape and/or Habitat!

DeletedUser110195

Or worse, happens when you attack someone with no defense....oh boy! It killed a ****ing SPEARFIGHTER for me! That just saved my whole army! Thanks new waste of city space!

Or worse, happens when you attack someone with no defense....oh boy! It killed a ****ing SPEARFIGHTER for me! That just saved my whole army! Thanks new waste of city space!
Yes, there is that. Those **** players who make notes of every battle, when and with whom and against what troops and what outcome .. will be OK :)

DeletedUser110195

Yes, there is that. Those **** players who make notes of every battle, when and with whom and against what troops and what outcome .. will be OK :)
Except you have no control over which fight it happens in. Sure it might occur when you attack someone with a strong defense, or someone with no defense. Knowing who has what defense will only help reduce the chance of it being a no-defense that an insta-kill is wasted on.

DeletedUser110179

I'm in CE but have Arc, AO and Atlantis.
Nice to hear about somebody making good use of Atlantis Museum .
Atlantis.png

DeletedUser111351

Except you have no control over which fight it happens in. Sure it might occur when you attack someone with a strong defense, or someone with no defense. Knowing who has what defense will only help reduce the chance of it being a no-defense that an insta-kill is wasted on.
Haven't heard how kraken works, but assuming it "charges" and you know when it is now ready. When it is ready those tracking simply only attack strong defense until it fires. Reserve the no defense fights until it starts charging again.

Why not make kraken an uber unit. Have it produced once a day (maybe limit a city to 1 kraken at a time, or let players stockpile them). Kraken's power is scaled based on highest tech unit on same team. Kraken can not be placed on defense. Kraken does not heal.

DeletedUser111589

I don't think that Atlantis museum is bad. However I'm not a fighter, I don't have any use for that double plunder chance. So I don't think I will get it.

Right now I'm in dire need of St. Marks Basilica and 2 blueprints short. Need that coin collection bonus.

On the side note, event has been completed and 100 diamonds came with it (completed bonus quest alongside event)

Status
Not open for further replies.