• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #17 2017-08-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

um having a surreal dram fantasy in an unreal online fictional game about a person who may or may not be who they say they are.... ? maybe Amy is Overtype under another account? Want to dream about that?

DeletedUser107481

Egg and bacon
Egg, sausage and bacon
Egg and Spam
Egg, bacon and Spam
Egg, bacon, sausage and Spam
Spam, bacon, sausage and Spam
Spam, egg, Spam, Spam, bacon and Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, egg and Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam

There is no substance in this thread and message. Just spam.

I don't like spam!

DeletedUser111510

That sounds like Monty Python.
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam......

DeletedUser108047

To quote Wikipedia.... shows how much taste Margaret Thatcher had...

Spam was introduced by Hormel in 1937. Ken Daigneau, brother of a company executive, won a $100 prize that year in a competition to name the new item. Hormel claims that the meaning of the name "is known by only a small circle of former Hormel Foods executives", but popular beliefs are that the name is an abbreviation of "spiced ham", "spare meat", or "shoulders of pork and ham". Another popular explanation is that Spam is an acronym standing for "Specially Processed American Meat" or "Specially Processed Army Meat".

The difficulty of delivering fresh meat to the front during World War II saw Spam become a ubiquitous part of the U.S. soldier's diet. It became variously referred to as "ham that didn't pass its physical", "meatloaf without basic training", and "Special Army Meat". Over 150 million pounds of Spam were purchased by the military before the war's end.

During World War II and the occupations which followed, Spam was introduced into Guam, Hawaii, Okinawa, the Philippines, and other islands in the Pacific. Immediately absorbed into native diets, it has become a unique part of the history and effects of U.S. influence in the Pacific.

As a consequence of World War II rationing and the Lend-Lease Act, Spam also gained prominence in the United Kingdom. British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher later referred to it as a "wartime delicacy". In addition to increasing production for the U.K., Hormel expanded Spam output as part of Allied aid to the similarly beleaguered Soviet Union. Nikita Khrushchev declared: "Without Spam we wouldn't have been able to feed our army". Throughout the war, countries ravaged by the conflict and faced with strict food rations came to appreciate Spam.

DeletedUser110195

Well if it's pretending to be artificial, doesn't that make it real?

LadyHecate

Major-General
20140301_164456_icgfcbd.jpg

DeletedUser111510

They also make pretend meat out of a fungus, kind of like mushrooms. I'm not vegan but my wife is vegetarian. I have tried it and it's not bad. But forget the spam.

DeletedUser110179

I'm just getting into the feeling for the Fall event.

Home-Made-Apple-Cider-Vinegar2 200px.png

I just realised that this weeks prize is not only better than 7 bps ... it's a full set of bps (ie 9 bp) .
Anybody know when the new OF GB is being released .

The wiki says it's a TBA kind of GB (Terribly Boring Awful) .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

I'm expecting it to be something in the vein of Dynamic Tower, the way Atlantis Museum was in the vein of Voyager V1.

I would think it will have a Guild component to it - there hasn't been one for a time. Maybe Guild medals but I have no idea why a guild wants medals.

As to release date..
I have no idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.