• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #10 2017-07-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Well that's the trick isn't it? While you get the prints through polivating(I make it a point to friend 20 or so top players who have the right combination of GBs every new world I start)you also get the goods, and you'd save FPs for leveling DT getting you even more daily. By lvl 10 DT gives 39 goods a day, for the Arc, that's a month and a half, though you could expect 2 and a half while you level it, and you're getting your own building leveled, rather than someone else, as well you don't have to stockpile 940-1875 low end goods to make trades.

All you need to do is go through the player scores to invite people roughly around or above FE, and you'll get the polivates you're after, including of course some people with DT, to get the prints through contribution.

DeletedUser110195

Well of course, you're going to have to buy goods with FPs at least once if you plan to have advanced GBs in a low age city. That's a given, but once is much more appealing than building multiple GB's of other people.

DeletedUser110195

Umm, what? Why would participating in swaps with people who AREN'T selling you goods help you get goods? Or cost less FP? You're going to donate the same to whoever is selling you the goods, that goes up if you dilute it in swaps unless the guy is either very generous and doesn't care that he's pretty much being swindled, or is very slow in the head.

vikingraider

Emperor
I think we've got our wires crossed. The player who sold me the goods got me to donate to his high end GB's and once my arc was up and running I clawed a good bit of fp back.

DeletedUser110195

If the guy who sold you those goods put as many FPs on your buildings as you put on his....that's being generous, because he could get that without trading FE goods for whatever you gave him. So we're clear on what we mean, when I read swap group, I read a group of people who give equal amounts of FPs to indicated buildings, giving everyone involved rewards where there would be none if they put the points on their own building.

You may get less back at first if you build dynamic first, but you get that building leveled to cap fast, while you get prints and goods for free for other buildings, you would of course focus on what's most important to you, be that the Arc or a population building or whatever. The FPs you would save, by not buying goods with them, but instead getting your own buildings leveled quite make up what you gain in the short term by building the Arc first.

Edit: I have actually convinced myself that Dynamic Tower is better than Innovation Tower for a first build. With it, you can simply delete your supply buildings for space.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

To each their own I guess. I prefer the guarantee that you will have the goods you need for any building you want through the Dynamic Tower....buying them with FPs....or selling them FOR FPs seems risky, but one you have to take at least once. I'm already adjusting my strategy on my main world to put DT next, rather than chateau(not like I need coins, I have fields of buildings that produce Hi-rise amounts of coins)

Thanks, folks. It's great to be able to share tips while also playing the chance to win some stuff .. which is probably the point to having a forum competition.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110195

Thanks, folks. It's great to be able to share tips while also playing the chance to win some stuff .. which is probably the point to having a forum competition.
I have to be completely honest here....even if tomorrow I won the large, life changing lottery jackpot and could afford so many diamonds I could buy my way to 100m points on my main world, I'd still post in these threads.....it's just too entertaining not to. ;)

I've just been trying to answer the question of "Is a Tribal Square worth the space?" for myself. Geez, it's not easy and takes me back to college economy classes.

If you're interested, at HMA 11 of the 12 squares are paid by the goods (so long as it is motivated!) and that leaves 1 square giving 131 people and 1930 coins/day. Easily worthwhile.

That's based on comparisons with HMA standard buildings. GB comparison, or Diamond building comparison, or Summer Event building comparison is another matter!

DeletedUser110195

Before modern era, that's a hard one, and I haven't gone really analyzed it, but at modern and beyond, tribal squares have a better goods output than goods buildings.

Sometimes spins just come out right!

With only 5 tickets, I got the Palace I really wanted, a Western Tower I wanted, and the other gold win of the Tigers Den (know nothing about that yet). Not in my main world but hey, that was a good haul!

DeletedUser110195

Tiger's Den adds to your defense, and is a happiness building too

Producing goods using standard buildings (in my HMA computations) will give more spare population than Tribal Squares but I have only just realised that my scrappy spreadsheet missed the squares necessary to keep people happy who are raising the coins and supply to spend on goods. That makes Tribal Squares even better on space alone but still with the caveat that you end up with a lower residual population (for things like military buildings).

So, if you aren't like me, who maximises on military buildings, and have lots of spare population, Tribal Squares are almost certainly a good way to produce goods .. until you consider goods, population, coins, supply or happiness coming in from GBs, event buildings, etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.