• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We need better neighbourhood merge

DeletedUser16532

Sooner then later I hope.

:cool:
When they do plan to implement the fixes, I hope they make the neighbourhood merges more "similar".
There are people in the Bronze age and those in Colonial age in my neighbourhood. One guy mention a more mixed neighbourhood could be more fun for lower range players, I cant imagine how that is possible.
If the lower end players get looted by Colonial age players, there is zero chance to defend themselves or take revenge. How is that fun? Also, not to mention all the other players that would find them an easy target (easy points for medal and easy plunder for a few coins or supplies or a chance to get blueprints). There would also be no real competition for the lower range players, they might progress a little faster than their other lower end players, but it would be nearly impossible to catch up to the top ranked players in their neighbourhood nor would that change their situation.

What I am trying to say is, this makes the game very unappealing for new players when they are stuck in a neighbourhood like this. This only serves to drive away new players which are potential new customers; and honestly why would a new player, stuck on the lower end of the spectrum (instead of being mixed into a neighbourhood with people close to their progress age) want to spend on diamonds when the game play is as described above, and there is no way to change neighbourhood or to catch up?

I couldn't agree more. Hopefully, someone is working on this as we speak.

DeletedUser

Neighbourhood Merge Farce !!
When oh when, will the neighbourhood merge action be completely overhauled ?

I have been in a hood with 43 players for 6 months now !! Half of them inactive.I know there are many others in the same situation.
It would be nice in a game that claims to have a mixture of city building & PvP to actually have some PvP !!!
Not much of a mixture is it ?
In fact it's very very boring.
The game is great. The PvP sucks :P

DeletedUser5904

Neighbourhood Merge Farce !!
When oh when, will the neighbourhood merge action be completely overhauled ?

I have been in a hood with 43 players for 6 months now !! Half of them inactive.I know there are many others in the same situation.
It would be nice in a game that claims to have a mixture of city building & PvP to actually have some PvP !!!
Not much of a mixture is it ?
In fact it's very very boring.
The game is great. The PvP sucks :P

+1 to this...Neighborhood has been sitting around 45 for months now, and of the 45 in my hood currently 16 are current or former guildies with a few folks I friended in a truce. I have under 30 daily PVP targets. It gives a distinct medal advantage to anyone not in my guild, as they have 10 plus more daily targets than I...not to mention the stunted city point growth. If I weren't collecting 1.2 million coin/resources per day I wouldn't grow at all. For all that is holy, I came up with a suggestion a dozen pages back that would give players like us a bit of a reprieve and it CANNOT BE THAT HARD!!! Instead of waiting for 2 neighborhoods to drop to 40 to merge, merge 3 neighborhoods in their low to mid 50's into 2. Job DONE!!!!

DeletedUser

Yes. Yes, and Yes.
My guild has discussed this at length, many times. It's a major issue & as you so rightly say, it's not rocket science.
The active players lose out on a massive scale in this area. That is definitely NOT a good way to keep them.

DeletedUser5904

Yes. Yes, and Yes.
My guild has discussed this at length, many times. It's a major issue & as you so rightly say, it's not rocket science.
The active players lose out on a massive scale in this area. That is definitely NOT a good way to keep them.

I hear ya...up until a few weeks ago I actually had 2 of each INDA military building but with the way things are going in my hood I dropped that down to 3 total (and not slowed what PVP I do have at all in my neighborhood with so few targets) and put in resource buildings in their place to make up for some of the lost city growth I would get if they actually merged often enough. It would be different if they had dynamic quests more often or content came out faster but I was in farm mode in less than a month from the release of Industrial age, having completed the tech and map. As it stands I have finished seeking GB BP's (have them all), tech tree, world map, quest lines and sit in a low pop neighborhood for months now without the ability to compete in the one thing I still have left (PVP Towers).

I have even taken to several other worlds and servers to stem the sheer boredom. I have started a newbie guild on one, another pure-non diamond INDA age city getting near tech/map completion with 12 of 14 GB's on the board and a couple of cities purposefully stopped in LMA just so I have "something" to do in this game....but it's getting tedious and I am getting restless. If something doesn't break soon I believe I will leave this game behind and look for greener pastures.

DeletedUser

Totally empathise with your comments. Am in exactly the same position. I am already looking elsewhere for those very reasons. What a shame.
I love this game. But they are letting greatness slip through their fingers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I thought the 'magic' number for a merger was 50?? is this the case or not, does anyone know for sure??

DeletedUser6461

Criteria for a neighborhood merge.

1. both neighborhoods must have a total of under 82 players
2. average points need to be similar for both neighborhoods

I am hopeful that there will be some changes in future regarding the frequency of this neighborhood merge, so that there will not be a very big difference among the PVP opportunity of players in different neighborhoods.

DeletedUser5904

Just so this doesn't fall by the wayside with the 1.02 changes. We still need better/more frequent neighborhood merges...maybe even moreso with the new defensive AI changes.

DeletedUser

"Our" neighbourhood is in the 30's. Have been in 2 merges and desperately need another. Thankfully have a large guild for trades but the Medal competition is really sucking about now. I am still pretty lowly in points (LMA) and have been in 2!! merges. Feel sorry for those who are in even smaller neighbourhoods. THIS is a real problem for the game

DeletedUser8793

It's not so easy I think.

If you have a neighborhood with nearly the same amount of points how much points u get if you fight each day? Other neighborhoods have no chance to get the same amount of points.

And the neighborhoods have something to do with the style to play. If you plunder after attack each player some players leave the game and your neighborhood have really fast ~40 neighbors but If you play a little bit more fair and plunder like (only 2 Spearman defences) your neighborhood will stay longer with the same amount of players. All ppl. are happy and play her own style.

I get a new neighborhood ~ 8 weeks on german servers and at this time we have 76 players left. 4 players after 8 weeks? Thats a good result. Indeed, we (fighters) have made something so like a contract and we don't plunder if the players use a defence of here age.

Greetings

DeletedUser

I still find it difficult to understand why this issue has not been addressed. It was highlighted almost 10 months ago, when we were still in the 'Were in BETA!!' mode. Well now we are some time out of that. It is nice to see some great updates and improvements (ref:1.02), but still the game has a fundamental flaw, and by its own nature breaks its own rules set to govern fair game play. There have been many 'reasons' suggested to perhaps why it has not happened, but these are just lame. There have been many suggestions to help implement what may be a better way, some or all could be used as a template. But to ignore the problem, does not make it go away. We are all here to forge our own Empires. Some have a distinct advantage over others, isn't it time is was FAIR play for all?

DeletedUser3220

I have a rank #5 in cirgard in my neighbourhood he is twice the points value of anyone else in the neighbourhood. how are we meant to compete? what is he doing in my neighbourhood in the 1st place? he appeared there a few months ago and has dominated everyone ever since. He should be placed in a similar ranked neighbourhood. How do i get the devs to remove him from our neighbourhood because this is unfair basically.

DeletedUser

I have a rank #5 in cirgard in my neighbourhood he is twice the points value of anyone else in the neighbourhood. how are we meant to compete? what is he doing in my neighbourhood in the 1st place? he appeared there a few months ago and has dominated everyone ever since. He should be placed in a similar ranked neighbourhood. How do i get the devs to remove him from our neighbourhood because this is unfair basically.

Points do not equate to increased capability. You can get two players, both having completed all the Industrial Age researches and having conquered all the sectors that have the same capability to build buildings or field military; one might fight battles every day and have 1,000,000 points and another might not fight any battles and only have 150,000 points but that does not mean that one can't do everything the other can (and vice versa).

Just because someone has more points than you does not mean much other than they are more active or more skilled (or both). Either way I would expect them to have more points because of that - and just because it means that you are not #1 (or even #4, instead of being #5) is no reason to move people out of neighbourhoods.

DeletedUser3220

I know what your saying, i have 500k points and i have been playing the same amount of time as a guy who has 100k but the matter is the #1 rank in our neighbourhood is way beyond anyone elses ability so he has an advantage in every way possible, more trrops, more space to build, more time it would seem. If he wants to spend every waking moment playing the game thats fine but put him in a neighbourhood with likewise people in it, its just exploiting everyones weakness in the neighbourhood and making him even stronger. no matter how much i play to beat him. The new update makes this even harder.

DeletedUser1983

I just got the much needed hood merge with several players in the 200k+ range... Thank you devs!! :-)

Half the neighborhood and I'm already at 300k battle points, my best performance in almost 6 months!

DeletedUser

from my latest neighbourhood merge it is evident that whoever carries these out or what ever system is used the people that decided on the way it is done does not even play this game.... first time they merged our neighbourhood with one that was at least 7 days ahead .. this killed over half of my old neighbourhood off, now they have stuffed my neighbourhood full of the same guilds , so if one finds that your goods are ready for plundering they can tell all their mates! yes well done game makers kill the game off a little more!

DeletedUser4421

InnoGames should rethink their merger system.
How can it be fair if players in large neighbourhood have more opportunities to rise up the Player Rankings by gaining twice as much battle points everyday than somebody with only 45 neighbours? I have complained to them and they take no notice of the complaints I put to them and nothing gets sorted out.
It seems InnoGames is happy to take your money but not so happy to make the game fair to everybody.
Players are leaving because of this and InnoGames dont seem to care or listen to the complaints

DeletedUser

Neighbourhood Merge, Guild Wars, New Eras, New Maps, Bonus Content, Special Events, Bugfixes.... the list is long, perhaps they could spin plates and juggle bowling pins while they're at it....

My point is, there are MANY aspects that people would like to see an improvement on or developed further. The fact is, the development team is made up of people, that's right, human beings that are paid to work for Innogames to develop the game. As I believe it, most people only work the hours they are paid for, and Innogames, being a multi-national company will of course have finances to balance, therefore they will set budgets, like any other company. The budget for the development team will have a limit therefore, they can't have 5000 developers working 24 hours a day - not to mention the EU working time directive for those employed in EU countries.....

The game is always being worked on by our hard working development team, they have plans set for months ahead and they also deal with any urgent bug fixes as and when the crop up. Yes neighbourhood merges are an issue. Yes the development team are aware of the players thoughts and feelings (Anwar can [hopefully] back me up here) and in due course it will be looked at. Until then, please have some patience and direct your complaints into ideas on how they can be improved, post you opinion on any of the existing ideas or create a new one if you have an alternative opinion.

It seems InnoGames is happy to take your money but not so happy to make the game fair to everybody.
Do don't buy diamonds if you feel that strongly. There is no subscription requirement in order to play so it can easily be played for free.