• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser

Personally, I've only seen a huge upswing in aid received in my town. If I had to guess, I'd say that my town is receiving about double the aid that it did before this update, so it receives a HUGE thumbs up from me.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Nobody's saying that the Aid button is useless and we dont need it .... But as far as I know the major complaints have only been about bad implementation of a (very) good idea which actually the Aid Button is... It has quite a few major issues which were already spelled out in the server-that-cannot-be-named for the whole 1 week it was tested in there before rushing on to this server ...Some of the issues even the CM & CCMs believe are Bugs but the dev's just say it was intended to be that way ...LOL... those are the issues which are causing players to come out in hordes and complain... ... those are genuine issues this Aid button has and thats why even CCM Kimba has said that she will try her best to push them to dev's again ....

DeletedUser1081

Someone suggested reducing the pay for using the "aid" button instead of mo-po'ing in person - that's a very good idea. The pay is puny anyway, once you're past the Iron Age or so, but lowering it to 5 or 7 coins for "aiding" would help make the point that "this isn't the best way to do this".

And decorations need to be put out of the "aid" thing's reach.

DeletedUser2989

One thing to keep in mind is that removing Decos from the "reach" of the aid button means more towns will reach their max P/M's faster and that more actions will be wasted. Currently it's possible to "aid" someone and start the 24hr timer without actually doing anything in their town (some of use that don't have loads of 1 hour houses and decos are experiencing this often).

So to remove decos will mean more wasted "aid" actions... I'm already not too happy to know that some people visiting me are actually doing nothing and getting coins for it. :(

As for removing/reducing the coin reward from "aid" actions... It seems reasonable to me however if they are going to adjust that I'd like to see it as:
Aid = 0 or 5 coins per action (either one or the other, 5 is reasonably small and at least something...)
Manual = 20+ depending on the age of the building (motivating people who manually visit to favour high age stuff if anything is left free from the "aid" button). It would create a bit of a bias for people low down wanting to friend higher up people for the extra coins but they'd still have to manually visit and compete with the "aid" button so the reward would be reasonable in my eyes.

DeletedUser1081

One thing to keep in mind is that removing Decos from the "reach" of the aid button means more towns will reach their max P/M's faster and that more actions will be wasted. Currently it's possible to "aid" someone and start the 24hr timer without actually doing anything in their town (some of use that don't have loads of 1 hour houses and decos are experiencing this often).

That needs fixing. One misfiring cylinder is not a reason to cling to another misfiring cylinder.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Remove Decos from this feature and make the dev's understand that Polivating a player without anything to polivate is a bug and get them to hotfix that bug as soon as possible .... Now does it sound better ??? ..LOL

By the way I dont think the players are really bothered about reducing the payout from the aid button or keeping it as it is ... Why complicate it trying to change too many things when the main issues are being overlooked ... Players are more bothered about polivating someone without actually polivating anything (does that even sound sensible) and not able to get the aid back in return bcoz of the "intended" bug the dev's have fit into this feature...

DeletedUser1081

Remove Decos from this feature and make the dev's understand that Polivating a player without anything to polivate is a bug and get them to hotfix that bug as soon as possible .... Now does it sound better ??? ..LOL

By the way I dont think the players are really bothered about reducing the payout from the aid button or keeping it as it is ... Why complicate it trying to change too many things when the main issues are being overlooked ... Players are more bothered about polivating someone without actually polivating anything (does that even sound sensible) and not able to get the aid back in return bcoz of the "intended" bug the dev's have fit into this feature...

Yes of course: Fix the important stuff first.

But since the only "defense" any of the mods/staff have come up with for the kookball way this thing operates is "it's not supposed to replace personal mo-po'ing", that message can be conveyed very vividly by lowering the rate of pay - and how about reducing the BP rate as well? Because the way it is now, "it's way faster/easier + I get at least as many BPs + I get paid the same" definitely works out to "I'm using it!" no matter what the design/development team imagine would happen.

DeletedUser99588

Lol, thought it was April fools not Black Friday when I read the response to the polivating-NOT polivating bug. I think had I been the moderator asked to convey that message from the developers I would have had to call time and resign. Beyond embarrassing really and the developers seem to just hide behind the moderators.

Wonder if they have ever heard of customer relations :D

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I grow weary of hearing the excuse that this feature was not supposed to replace visiting people manually. Using it is faster, easier, and appears to give the same benefits. What did the developers think was going to happen? Did they imagine that those few who took the trouble to polivate would continue to waste their time on the most boring part of the game for no reason?

Before the update I used to get about 30 visits every day who followed my preferences, and some more who did not. Now I only get two or three visitors a day, while everyone else seems to have converted to using this new feature. I still polivate manually in my main world, and I now prioritize those buildings that I know the new feature discriminates against, but I can see that players like myself are now on the verge of extinction. Whatever the developers intended, this is the actual result.

I think that all this talk about how many coins you get for polivating is pointless. I never cared about that even when I had just started the game, the only thing that really mattered was blueprints. Now, because of this feature I have about 25% fewer people to polivate for the blueprints I want, because they have nothing left to do when I visit. In other words, visiting people has become even less worthwhile for the people who used to do it. So why should we bother?

Double the chance of blueprints for those who visit manually, then we're talking. That would be a real reason to continue visiting people.

DeletedUser1081

Double the chance of blueprints for those who visit manually, then we're talking. That would be a real reason to continue visiting people.

I agree.
After they fix the main flaws with the silly thing, this would be quite appropriate.

DeletedUser11899

Since the beginning everytime I was visiting a mate and clicking the 'Polish' button a lot of gray stars were appearing making my visit always harder and painful. I've wasted tons of hours in finding only the stars over the really needed cultural buildings to be polished. As normally all those cultural buildings was already polished therefore I've always been wasting my precious time on them for nothing all this time.
For this reason in our guild we've always suggested and encouraged to guild mates to take their decorations off in order to make the life easier to their mates and help them in this task a little bit.

But if these mates still want to keep their decorations in their city and don't care if others must spend a lot of time visiting them, I'm sorry for them but I also won't care about them if my random 'Aid' will polish one of their aesthetical and fabulous decorations...

...so for me, leave the 'Aid' feature as is.

DeletedUser7719

I grow weary of hearing the excuse that this feature was not supposed to replace visiting people manually. Using it is faster, easier, and appears to give the same benefits.
Aren't the majority of the complaints about it not giving the same benefits?

DeletedUser1081

The benefits are the same to the "aider". The huge problem is that they're far inferior to the recipient of the "aid". Which you know perfectly well yourself. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser15526

especially the bit where aid gives coin when no actions were given to the recipiant. sillyness

having no way of knowing if you actually helped a player, because you got the coin, short of messaging every single one is frustrating too.

on the hole tho its is a great idea, just needs tweaking here n there.

also as mentioned way way back in this thread somewhere, easter event and egg placing may cause problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
...so for me, leave the 'Aid' feature as is.

Sorry, but I did not see a single argument in your post why the feature should be left as is. If you don't care whether or not you randomly polish decorations or not, what would be the difference for you if the function was improved?

By the way, your guild discouraging the building of decorations sounds very odd to me. I have known many players who built several decorations just for blueprint hunters, and guilds have kept them as members for this reason alone even after they have gone inactive.

I said it appears to give the same benefits. I don't think it actually does, but it may seem that way for most players. My point was that there is no apparent reason why anyone should continue polivating manually.

DeletedUser97349

Enjoy your in-game time! And as akbhoy said: Thanks for your good work here. Please feel appreciated.

A belated thanks, mink :D

Whilst I'm here I'll answer a few Qs...

Tracey my dear, Starzaan has told me to redirect the above question to you, so I am hereby doing that. Thanks for any available confirmation or correction

Yes, regardless of age those three buildings are prioritised. If there are none left then it will be 50/50 mot or pol - and the latest era buildings are targeted first. If for eg it chooses pol but there is nothing left to pol, then it will mot instead.

I'm sure this is going to please naveenkr immensely ;) ..... the units on the battlefield now appear to occupy one and a half hexes, which does somewhat hinder precise targeting when several units are adjacent to each other.

...on the plus side, battlefield performance does appear to be improved... so I can now target the wrong units that much quicker :D

I jirad this new issue on Wednesday :)

It's so sorry-making that all the feedback on beta was once again ignored; and equally sorry-making that when 1.40 was announced here the mods & Starzaan here felt obligated to waste so much time and energy trying to argue that it was somehow okay that the same glaring flaws were being rush-delivered to the regular servers. Weren't we supposed to be in a Shining New Era of Improved Response to Player Feedback? What happened??

I felt only obliged to pass back the response I was receiving from passing along your feedback :) it had always been my aim not just to pass along your feedback, but to discuss it so I could pass responses back to you, thus creating a kind of dialogue, or as close as is possible. Of course everything must be paraphrased or there would be no time to do it :p. However I would advise at present that the current approach may not be most effective for this issue... Perhaps if someone would post an idea to de-prioritise decorations it would have more luck, as a clearer demonstration of positive support towards the idea may be more effective imo.

DeletedUser98465

A belated thanks, mink :D

Whilst I'm here I'll answer a few Qs...

Yes, regardless of age those three buildings are prioritised. If there are none left then it will be 50/50 mot or pol - and the latest era buildings are targeted first. If for eg it chooses pol but there is nothing left to pol, then it will mot instead.

I jirad this new issue on Wednesday :)

I felt only obliged to pass back the response I was receiving from passing along your feedback :) it had always been my aim not just to pass along your feedback, but to discuss it so I could pass responses back to you, thus creating a kind of dialogue, or as close as is possible. Of course everything must be paraphrased or there would be no time to do it :p. However I would advise at present that the current approach may not be most effective for this issue... Perhaps if someone would post an idea to de-prioritise decorations it would have more luck, as a clearer demonstration of positive support towards the idea may be more effective imo.

Again, not aimed at you Star, but if that's their suggestion It shouldn't need an Idea raising, it was raised on beta and Ignored, so devs are well aware. Its like a mechanic asking his customer to mail him about the car he just broke because he didn't do the job properly the first time or listen to what the customer wanted.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
It's like a mechanic asking his customer to mail him about the car he just broke because he didn't do the job properly the first time or listen to what the customer wanted.

That is disturbingly accurate. Indeed, the way us players feel when dealing with InnoGames is rather like the customer feels like dealing with the car salesman in the classic below.

[video=youtube;9igQ18GIqvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igQ18GIqvc[/video]

DeletedUser97349

Again, not aimed at you Star, but if that's their suggestion It shouldn't need an Idea raising, it was raised on beta and Ignored, so devs are well aware. Its like a mechanic asking his customer to mail him about the car he just broke because he didn't do the job properly the first time or listen to what the customer wanted.

Not their suggestion no, that was one of mine :D
Its more about the manner of delivery of the feedback. At present its Kimba and I saying 'everyone wants this', but really they can't see clearly who everyone is or whether its a case of some people shouting louder etc (and the beta forum ofc would suffer from the same issue). And if they read this for themselves there is a lot of negativity, which can make it a hard going read. Its not a criticism, of course I understand the frustration (I've had to wave goodbye to my pink cherry trees :(), and trust me when I say I argued for the feature to have longer on beta for design issues and bugs to be addressed, but that is not up to the game designers unfortunately.

The suggestion of an idea was more to put the feedback forward in a format which clearly shows the volume of support in a clear, easy to get through, positive and constructive format. Then Kimba or I can create a jira for it which links to the thread to illustrate the support. Its by no means a sure thing, just a suggestion of an alternate approach I think could possibly be more successful ;).