• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
There are 2 major issues concerned with the new Aid feature that are giving problems to most of them using the Aid Button .. One of the regular players and forum user Mink has taken the trouble to create those issues into an Idea format so that the game dev's can notice them and solve it to make this feature even better ....Request all those who haven't given their opinion as yet on those 2 issues to please give as soon as possible so that it goes to the dev's quickly and they agree to solve them ....

the issues in idea format are here :

1. Making it impossible to Aid someone if nothing is available to Mot / Pol...

2. Improving Aid Priorities (Giving the very last priority to Decorations when using Aid button)

thank you

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser914

all you need is one if you want to spend diamonds, its those that collect through p/m as well as donating that i was referring to

If you change that you don't have to get one first with polivating, then some people will build it instantly. What will happen next era is that it takes forever before some of these diamond spenders would get a first blueprint.

And moreover: this would be reasonable fair, because everyone faces the same problem. buy blueprints or get them with donations. Not nice if the person from an enemy guild has the great building already finished, and you also want to buy but cannot even start building it.

DeletedUser6974

I am passing back the feedback that is recurring in this thread, and I will continue to do so, I can see the benefit of some points raised here so I will keep pushing them for you.

I think the Aid button is a good feature for the game but my feed-back for what could be improved is that it should be revised where that the Aid button should be greyed out if Polish and Motivate are both greyed out.
I just checked my guild manually and at several cities there is nothing to polish or motivate but the Aid button is available to hit.
If i hit the Aid button now i did not Aid the player at all so no Aid happened but yet I'm locked out from really sending Aid to their city for 24 hours.
Later on, perhaps in 3 or 4 hours i could have given them Aid when something is available but i cant since i need to wait the full 24 hour cool down period.
The issue with this is that our guild has minimum polivate requirements to help each players city. This is done by monitoring entries in the event history.
So now if the Aid button is available but nothing can be polished or motivated the player going from city to city gets zero credit for a polivate but they thought they had helped since the Aid button was there to use.
There is no entry in the event history for a failed Aid attempt so it looks like the player is not meeting the polivate rules where in fact they went through the entire guild everyday using the Aid button but sent zero Aid to some of their guild mates.
The Aid button is greyed out in the Event History waiting for the 24 hours to expire then it turns itself on again once the 24 hours is up but if there is nothing to polish or motivate it should be left greyed out.

So... Please forward on to the developers that when both the cool down time has expired AND when either Polish is available or when Motivate is available the Aid button should then be turned back on, not just when the cool down time has expired. This way we can truly give Aid to the cities and not waste our visit by doing nothing to Aid the city visited.

DeletedUser15471

I seem to have been swamped by the Aid button comments.
However, in response to Starzaan's question upthread on my experience of the "new improved" HA feature:
1. The crashes occur in every aspect of the game;
2. They seem to come more often after a period of inactivity in one world during which I am active in the other (I can now only have 2 worlds open at a time, otherwise the crashes come too often) and then go back to the other;
3. The crashes are typical WSCs (White Screen Crash) but when one world crashes, the other does at the same time;
4. What seems to trigger them are actions that require moving from the normal city screen, say to go into the tech tree, visit the map, look at Event history.
So am I plowing a lonely furrow here, or does anyone else get the crashes?

DeletedUser15432

Seeing as this issue is related to thread viz the "AID" function, and rather than create 10 separate identical threads, 1 for each world on the EN server I have decided to post this here.

Due to the "AID" function I am now accepting friends requests on the following worlds: -

Arvahall
Brisgard
Cirgard
Dinegu
East Nagach
Fel Dranghyr
Griefentaal
Houndsmoor
Jaims
Korch

If you want to be aided virtually everyday, please do not hesitate to send me a friends invite

Thank you for reading

DeletedUser99588

I think a friend request post on the update thread is a little off topic Pzkpfwv1d. Maybe you should create a new thread for it.

DeletedUser2989

That it is, as it is multiworld it would also be inappropriate unless separated to go into the world forums. I think any multiworld friend requests for more "aid" would probably be best in the discussion section still just in it's own thread.

DeletedUser

This will be a disaster for me on Korch... here is why

I have worked very hard to build a reliable list of friends who always visit me (almost) daily. Between them and my guildmates I get visited between 100-120 times per day.

My priorities set in my profile are PSC. I have 7 cultural buildings which get polished every 12 hours, so that's 14 visits accounted for and 8 production buildings which I almost always have on 4 hour productions, so that's 48 visits accounted for. These are almost always done to perfection, so that's 62 visits accounted for. The other 40-60 visits go to my houses even though coins are a low priority for me.

Now with this 'easier' way to do it, there will be no way of setting the priority. I know people CAN visit the city and select a building manually, but let's face it, they won't.

So as a result of this I will find often more houses will be motivated but sometimes I won't have all my cultural buildings polished or production buildings motivated, completely ruining the perfect balance of coins and supplies I have managed to maintain, and often likely leaving my population not enthusiastic.

This will also be an issue for me on Greifental... There I also have specific requests which my guild and friends follow fairly accurately. With this new feature I fear the vast majority will use it and my requests will not be fulfilled, this will make the game significantly more difficult for me and may require me to completely rethink my city design and balance.

Very unhappy with this :(

I've had the same problem. This game is no longer fun for me. I can maybe do 2 actions a day, yet I'm flushed with coins!

DeletedUser103695

question? (Cross/Posted) is there notification of being 'aided' when nothing was done - to make sure ppl know that your (guild, friend, neighbor) stopped by and helped ya anyways.. Or maybe we could just have to where the button doesn't darken if nothing is to be done in individual cities?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Yes, they should now get a notification if there was nothing available to aid:
ut8A5d4.png

It was mentioned in the 1.43 update here:
Other improvements
  • An Aid-related entry is now added to the event history, when an Aid action was not possible.

DeletedUser108592

Is there any lists which state how many buildings you need to polish / motivate to acquire a blueprint?

DeletedUser2989

Hi whitepog,

The answer is no, blueprints from "aiding" other players are awarded randomly with very low chances.