• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser101911

How is 'Aid' helping anyone? Decs will be polished and everyone will become angry! Inno need to add a way where we can set a preferances list - like profiles for the 'Aid'.

DeletedUser7719

There are a lot of people who do not polivate cities. This will help quite a bit to get these guys up and supporting :) Also, I bet the devs are working on adding additional priorities to the aid button as well ;)

DeletedUser5180

How is 'Aid' helping anyone? Decs will be polished and everyone will become angry! Inno need to add a way where we can set a preferances list - like profiles for the 'Aid'.

I like the idea of speeding up the polivating run BUT with latest age / era being automatically selected then will a CE dec will get preference over a PME cultural building.? This is not 100% clear from the announcement and if so then this feature will be unusable IMO.

If decs are coded to be the lowest priority then this will be a great feature and gets a massive +1 from me

There are a lot of people who do not polivate cities. This will help quite a bit to get these guys up and supporting :) Also, I bet the devs are working on adding additional priorities to the aid button as well ;)

I'd have hoped that priorities for the aid button would all have been coded BEFORE release as too often new features require fixing AFTER release, but i agree it might get the lazy gamers supporting their guild mates more :)

DeletedUser1081

If decs are coded to be the lowest priority then this will be a great feature and gets a massive +1 from me

I agree, but that's a very big, crucial and unfortunately iffy "if".

Starzaan said:
Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.

The Tigers' Den hasn't had any "additional effect" for several weeks, so can we please have a list of the "prioritized" buildings to avoid misunderstandings?

And do I understand right that given a choice between a PME Shrine of Knowledge and a CE cherry tree, the gizmo will prioritize the cherry tree just because it's from a later age?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

@ Starzaan

could you get that information for us please mate.?

DeletedUser15432

Well done on reinstating the idle symbol for the goods buildings

Not so sure about the "Aid" feature due to the misgivings already mentioned by other experienced players, therefore, please could we all have some clarifications with regards to the actual priorities concerned with this feature

DeletedUser914

Does it also mean that no polish will be given when already at 120%?

DeletedUser103689

Aid - I personally am polishing or motivating buildings that i am chasing blueprints for - could/should there be a setting that can be set allowing user to specify what age they want to polish/motivate? - that would further cut down my time spent trying to find an unpolished/motivated building of an ERA i need.

DeletedUser14349

I think that's not going to go well with my city on Houndsmoor. I am at CE but need my Museums and deli shops done, not my condominiums :( I am not worried about decs because I usually don't have any. but I have a lot of lower age buildings which are worth more than the higher age ones

DeletedUser5180

Does it also mean that no polish will be given when already at 120%?

i believe polishing gets priority after special effect buildings even if your city is at 120% max

Aid - I personally am polishing or motivating buildings that i am chasing blueprints for - could/should there be a setting that can be set allowing user to specify what age they want to polish/motivate? - that would further cut down my time spent trying to find an unpolished/motivated building of an ERA i need.

i don't think ANY options will be available, either for what aid you give or receive

I think that's not going to go well with my city on Houndsmoor. I am at CE but need my Museums and deli shops done, not my condominiums :( I am not worried about decs because I usually don't have any. but I have a lot of lower age buildings which are worth more than the higher age ones

i think polishing takes priority over motivating so in your case all will be good Rhana :)

the above answers to quotes are based on what i have read and experienced elsewhere and may not be 100% accurate when the feature hits en.server

DeletedUser14881

This semi-auto "polivation" feature seems to be very nice, but I would like it to be smart in the matter of motivations. I'll explain...

Most of us, long-time players, probably have coins enough to the end of the game, relatively speaking. If this feature increase the number of motivations but in less important buildings for the city being aided, it will be less useful than it could be.

This system could take in consideration how many of each "polivatable" (ugh...) resource the aidaed player have and prioritize even more what the player doesn't have. E.g.: Player have 10kk of coins and 50k of supplies, supplies buildings are aided first. Like The Legend of Zelda's chests (:P), that give you what you need most at the time you open them

Also, the system could not use the age of the building as a decision factor. Premium buildings or Special buildings from Events of a previous Era might be better or more preferable (in case the player need some quick space and need a JIT removal) than any other buildings from a later Era. For example: Right now I'm really short on supplies, so I didn't delete my old Car Factories. If the system prioritize buildings by Age, my Fish Markets could end motivated prior to my Car Factories. And the difference between them is brutal nowadays (~30k).

In order to be perfect we could be allowed to create our own list of "polivatable" (ugh... again...) preferences. That way not only the system overload could be slightly reduced because the range of buildings would be smaller but we could avoid being damaged by randomness.

And more! With a customizable list of preferences like that, we could even have buildings of an specific Era to randomly target. Currently I "polivate" all my guild and friends hunting more and more BPs of Alcatraz, and sometimes takes time to analyze the city until find a PE building in order to POSSIBLY "polivate" it.

DeletedUser1081

You can still visit people the usual way and make your own choices about what to polivate. All the rest of us can do is hope others will do use their own brains and choose to do something that helps both parties.

DeletedUser914

This is an update we where waiting for for years, This saves hours of time each week, that is a blessing for all of us. The move order for what first is for me just a detail.

DeletedUser5180

This is an update we where waiting for for years, This saves hours of time each week, that is a blessing for all of us. The move order for what first is for me just a detail.

It could be a great feature depending exactly how it works. Unfortunately the announcement (in a typical INNO fashion) leaves us with more questions than answers.

I really hope it works in a common sense sort of way where decs DON'T get priority, if they do its a botched feature and will cause an outcry which will be a great shame as it could be the best feature yet IF IMPLEMENTED CORRECTLY.

DeletedUser2989

One thing to keep in mind here is that the Aid option is optional. It will be possible for guilds to set up a rule that says "rather than aid your guild members please visit them to more specifically help them out". So if people want to have specific buildings which the aid system won't prioritize to be done it can get done by guild members while you receive aid from your friends and neighbors.

Even without being able to adjust the priorities list for the Aid option I think most of us should see a doubling (at least) of support that we are receiving, hopefully this will offset any "non personal priority" aid that is given to you.

Also:
You will also find the Aid button in the Event history - if someone helped you, you can instantly return their kindness.
With it being so easy to return aid I'd say it'll be likely that any neighbors/friends you do aid will do the same back.

DeletedUser1081

Even without being able to adjust the priorities list for the Aid option I think most of us should see a doubling (at least) of support that we are receiving, hopefully this will offset any "non personal priority" aid that is given to you.

Also: ... With it being so easy to return aid I'd say it'll be likely that any neighbors/friends you do aid will do the same back.

Increased quantity/frequency is of no value if it's geared to polish things in towns that are already at 120%.

DeletedUser914

Another thing: how to promote your great buildings when visitors don't see? Can there be something arranged, that messages like "Innovation Tower build" can be visible?

Andrew420

Major
How exactly the order of aid works? It's very simple system:
1. Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
2. If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.

• You will also find the Aid button in the Event history - if someone helped you, you can instantly return their kindness.
• It is still possible to visit a player and choose which action to do and which building to polish/motivate. Which way will you choose? This is entirely up to you!

Where does it say it will prioritize polish over motivate please point it out
Or is it just some ones overactive imagination

DeletedUser2989

Increased quantity/frequency is of no value if it's geared to polish things in towns that are already at 120%.

The easy fix to this I'd think would be the following:
1. Observe over a week how your happiness is going, what is it's low point?
1. Remove whatever happiness providing buildings (probably decos first) if you have a lot of happiness past the 120% mark.

So if you have 6 culture buildings and 24 decos, which currently only have the culture buildings are getting polished which sits you at 120%. If you see you are getting all 6 culture buildings polished daily you can probably afford to drop all the decos (which means more motivations as there is less to polish) and maybe a culture building or 2.

This is what I'm planning on doing after the first week or two of this features live release. I currently sit so that I don't need any polishing. After release I'll be looking out for how much polishing I'm getting and drop Happiness buildings accordingly which will free up space for other stuff :)

Keeping in mind that it's still random:
You can now polish or motivate a random (almost) building
So it's not going to go through all of the buildings age by age (top down) or type by type, you won't see all your cultural buildings and decos polished before anything gets motivated it will be random. It'll have a bias towards higher ages and special buildings but you might find a house getting motivated before your HoF by random chance (more often than not it should be the other way round).