• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser5647

I have read as much of this 'threadnaught' as I could, and have seen only comments about 'AID'. I would like to point out a less obvious benefit of the latest patch, and that is the latest version of Hardware Acceleration. If I had more than 4 city tabs open in chrome it would cause a flash crash. Be in no doubt, my machine is very highly specced and self-built (I work in a computer boutique building and tweaking bespoke machines). Since yesterday and the update I can have 9 city tabs open simultaneously and remain stable for hours. Previously, even one tab would begin to be laggy after an hour or so and need a reload of the page to behave well again.

Thank you DEVS, you fixed something that truly irritated. Well done.

DeletedUser99588

It is very possible that what we are seeing right now is that rush to try it out (depending on how many people tried it out on beta before this...), I'd expect things will settle over the next few weeks as we either get used to the "aid" coming in or start to work out who we are going to manually visit and P/M and who we are going to be lazy and "aid". A lot really depends on what people observe over the next week, we'll probably find people forming "manual visit" groups to ensure their important buildings that are otherwise getting missed receive some P/M's.

I think the problem is that if those that didn't polivate before drop of again and a high enough percentage of those that used to do it manually continue with the AID button in the long term you could be worse of with this feature. That may never happen but is one scenario and in its current form you have to admit it disadvantages a whole set of players that prioritise the aesthetics of their city with a high number of decorations.

I can also see buying premium buildings being less of an advantage if they are not being polished or motivated in preference to new buildings that give less output. These things will become significant as soon as your not getting your whole city polivated.

DeletedUser105061

Buildings Before Shrubbery!
Like many others, replying on this thread, I'm wondering why Inno failed to make polishing decorations, the lowest priority?
From my point of view, it actually looks like the decorations are recieving top priority! I'm in EMA and have a row of five "Hedges with Flowers", hidden behind the castle. Those hedges have never been polished before, but now they all have stars on, as do the other two, which are also usually ignored. However, plenty of EMA houses have not been motivated and, of course, my Iron Age Public Bath, which if kept polished, keeps my citizens "enthusiastic", all by itself, is destined to be left untended!
You can never please all of the people, all of the time, but I think most FoE players would be happier, if Inno had simply prioritized polishing & motivating buildings, before the shrubbery!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Could you expand on this please, I'm able to access the forums but not the game while at work and so I'm not aware of what diamond offer has appeared.?

It's the 'Safari Package' offer that briefly appeared a short while back. A varying amount of summer event items will be included with purchases of diamonds..the the bigger the amount of diamonds..the more items in the package (Tigers' den, Oasis etc.)

DeletedUser102954

I have severe misgivings regarding the 'Aid' button. Whereas I would run through the Events Viewer before, visiting each city and polivating per that person's wishes (and the pop-up on their city is a real boon), I now have to try and remember (hah) who is on the list and then physically look for them in the 'hood list. Given we are talking at least 10 reciprocations per day there is a big possibility that they won't all be done. So, doesn't this defeat the object of the intention?

DeletedUser5180

It's the 'Safari Package' offer that briefly appeared a short while back. A varying amount of summer event items will be included with purchases of diamonds..the the bigger the amount of diamonds..the more items in the package (Tigers' den, Oasis etc.)

Ahh, so they prioritize a few special buildings with a new feature then less than 24 hrs later try and sell us them in a roundabout way?

edit......the offer not showing for me, don't they usually last for 24 hrs.?

DeletedUser11207

Please get rid of Aid polishing of decorations.

And bouncing pol mot stars as well, so annoying.

DeletedUser103846

I agree do not like the new changes I am just getting polished and not motivated far better the old system why change??

DeletedUser105565

Having only played with this for one day it might be too early to say anything certain about the effects. But I'll atleast word my concerns.

I get the feeling that getting a lot of friends & being in a large guild will be more important than getting an active guild & active friends.
With friends I feel a bit tricked, I've spent more than many hours getting those very good friends I have (Thx again to those of you that read this XD ) only to find that now this won't matter. I feel like the guy spending several hours practicing every day for five years to become a good archer & then some 14yo kiddo comes & says: "Have you seen this new thing, crossbow, no training needed just point & shoot?"

For the record, I've read through all the 32 pages of this thread &, yes, I've seen the commonly used defense for this "It's not a replacement to manually polivating" Do you seriously believe that?

I'm concerned that the Aid button will lower the interactivity between players in the game, a feature I highly enjoy. The use of messages to other players or in the global chat about polishing will be something from yesterday. As will writing stuff in you profile be. It'll still be possible yes, but who'll do it if noone notices it?

The decorations seem to get a lot of blood boiling. I understand them, & I'm a bit confounded by why Inno would update the game to make 5 buildings from every age actually harm your gameplay? Might as well release 25 new buildings in the next patch that only decrease happiness.....

My last concern it that of GBs, with (as far as I know) it being the same chance of getting BP from auto/manual Aid, the supply of BPs in any given world will increase dramatically. On average getting any 1 BP from leveling another GB costs ~60 FP. With an increase in supply, the price should also be lowered, either by adding more BPs per level or decreasing the FP cost to level GBs.

As a summary I think that the thought of the update is good, but the result is not so much. Those that benefit most of this are those that are least active, these players are most likely not very active in the community nor ingame chat or messages. To those that are very active you say something like "Gratz, for all your efforts you now get.......more time to do something else than play FoE"

As for the beta players being more positive to this, I think there is an easy explanation: Beta player probably have more worlds to play in then beta, & beta will probably get the least amount of playing time, hence this update will allow them to Aid fast & get Aid for once. This emphasizes my earlier statement about the least active benefit most.

Fully agree

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Ahh, so they prioritize a few special buildings with a new feature then less than 24 hrs later try and sell us them in a roundabout way?

edit......the offer not showing for me, don't they usually last for 24 hrs.?

It was a six hour offer :)

DeletedUser105693

People in my guild mentioned something, I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread as I simply couldn't be bothered looking through all of the pages, but they mentioned how now without visiting peoples cities, we don't get to see what GBs people have and what level they are at meaning plenty of us missed helping with some level 0 GBs. I mentioned to them the idea of a solution to where as the little castle icon indicating that someone has a GB, this icon when hovered over should have a pop up similar to when you hover over someones name and you see a message+offer/needed goods, except this popup showing their current GBs and the level they are at with the FP needed shown aswell. Something along the lines of "Tower of babel - L0 - 0/40FP". they are the ones that said to post the idea somewhere seeing as they agreed it would be a great addition alongside the aid update.

DeletedUser103634

personally, i have been aiding people that i want to attack all bleeding night. changing functions is one thing but why change a button to the exact opposite? im gonna be doing this for weeks! lol

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I believe this is why it is still possible to manually visit people and specifically target certain age buildings, thus people can still build lower age buildings for people to find BP's as those looking can still manually visit and P/M them. The "aid" button is not intended to be the perfect BP hunting tool.

It is obvious that the feature is not a tool for blueprint hunters, it is the exact opposite.

Players looking for early blueprints cannot find them, because all early decorations are either polished already by aiders or removed by the owner. Visiting manually does not help if there is nothing to do.

Players looking for later blueprints cannot find them either, because the newest buildings are also likely to be polivated already. And again, visiting manually does not help when there is nothing to do.

I'm quite annoyed at the praise for the Hardware Deceleration feature. My experience with it has been the exact opposite, it remains exactly as bad as it always was. I used to be able to have all my cities open at once, now I can only have one, and my desktop computer is quite good. Is the game actually developed for players with self-built very high spec machines these days?

After watching the aiders in action for a while now, it turns out that while my coin output has increased, I in fact get fewer supplies. It is not just decorations stealing attention, I've gotten rid of the only one I had, but it turns out that 1-hour houses now thoroughly suck. You can guess what happens, over and over larger and more productive supply buildings get overlooked in favor of these houses. I may in fact have to replace them with older houses so that my supplies get the support they used to.

Worse yet, I'm one of the lucky ones. How do you think those people feel who have upgraded their houses to the latest age, but have not yet unlocked any new production buildings? They now get no support for supply production at all.

Overall, there is something twisted about this whole update. How is it that a feature that was supposed to help people has instead become an obstacle that players need to work around?

Last edited:

DeletedUser15432

People in my guild mentioned something, I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread as I simply couldn't be bothered looking through all of the pages, but they mentioned how now without visiting peoples cities, we don't get to see what GBs people have and what level they are at meaning plenty of us missed helping with some level 0 GBs. I mentioned to them the idea of a solution to where as the little castle icon indicating that someone has a GB, this icon when hovered over should have a pop up similar to when you hover over someones name and you see a message+offer/needed goods, except this popup showing their current GBs and the level they are at with the FP needed shown aswell. Something along the lines of "Tower of babel - L0 - 0/40FP". they are the ones that said to post the idea somewhere seeing as they agreed it would be a great addition alongside the aid update.

Most guilds have a notification system for new great buildings posted in the general message tab, this is the best idea for promoting new great buildings

DeletedUser96844

I have read a lot of comments complaining about decs getting polished first before coins / supplies buildings.. and also 1hr houses before higher value ones..

My workaround atm is to do away with 1x1 decs and either build a single culture building, or replace as many decs as possible with road / paths which will give me happiness...

That way it is forcing the system to motivate my coins / supplies structures..

If you have more guild members and friends doing a 'drive by' to your city than you have actual structures that can be motivated / polished.. then you should be covered...

If you want to have a city that is full of pretty decorations that is your choice.. are you really complaining about the system, or the fact that your guildmates / friends have decided to use the aid button and not been to your city manually and rummaged through the confusion to find something you require to be motivated...

You would be worse off anyway if no one visited in the first place..

On another note.. I have been getting more BPs doing 'drive by' in the past few days than I did when I was visiting manually...
I work on 6 worlds and my lowest count was 5 yesterday.. highest was 9. They may be replicas or for GBs I may never use, but it is still more than normal.

DeletedUser12778

I have read a lot of comments complaining about decs getting polished first before coins / supplies buildings.. and also 1hr houses before higher value ones..

My workaround atm is to do away with 1x1 decs and either build a single culture building, or replace as many decs as possible with road / paths which will give me happiness...

That way it is forcing the system to motivate my coins / supplies structures..

If you have more guild members and friends doing a 'drive by' to your city than you have actual structures that can be motivated / polished.. then you should be covered...

If you want to have a city that is full of pretty decorations that is your choice.. are you really complaining about the system, or the fact that your guildmates / friends have decided to use the aid button and not been to your city manually and rummaged through the confusion to find something you require to be motivated...

You would be worse off anyway if no one visited in the first place..

On another note.. I have been getting more BPs doing 'drive by' in the past few days than I did when I was visiting manually...
I work on 6 worlds and my lowest count was 5 yesterday.. highest was 9. They may be replicas or for GBs I may never use, but it is still more than normal.

Well i got rid of most of my decorations aswell, but i would not like to delete event decorations like scarecrow, nutcraker and stuff like that. But next time i get a copy of them in my inventory they'll be gone from my city aswell, but meanwhile it is annoying to get them polished

I just hope they don't fix this without a warning or by city hapinness will be negative

bs0877

Private
I have two suggestions that may make the Aid button more attractive.

First to assist the town owner, could you not set preferences in the same way that most put text in their profile such as (P) Polish (MS) Motivate Supplies etc.

Second to discourage lazy playing could the reward for using the Aid button be less or even zero coins, It is now just an easy way of getting an extra 3000 or so coins a day by clicking 150 times.

As many have said it may take time to bed in and let the novelty wear off. I need to learn to not click it when I instinctively click there to Attack (darn my automatic instincts)