• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I can imagine that conversation:

"Look, a huge part of the game is totally messed up! People are rioting! What should we do now?!"
"No worries, we'll just push it out to the live servers anyway. What could go wrong?"
Isn't that almost exactly what happened with that messy towers PvP attempt a few months back? Very problematic on Beta, lots of rioting, pushed onto the English server, just to see more of the same problems and player reaction duplicated.

So, that conversation is not as far fetched as you might be jokingly suggesting.

r21r

Major-General
:-(

sad that most players been complaining about beta is not beta in game bugs means and they still keep the time difference "too short".

idk if it's within or without the so called ToS but for sure it's not fair play nor something positive for FoE.

mathematicians would play football perfect on theory, but can they actually do anything on the field ?

i really don't want to use the word "fraud" but thats what only comes to my mind

Knight of ICE

"Look, a huge part of the game is totally messed up! People are rioting! What should we do now?!"
"No worries, we'll just push it out to the live servers anyway. What could go wrong?"

That is really funny. People are rioting.

I do not think that a few complaining quaifies as a riot, but if you think it is, fine by me.

idk if it's within or without the so called ToS but for sure it's not fair play nor something positive for FoE.

r21r

Major-General
took a fast read (im not searching for flaws), what i'm saying is that whatever might seem "legal" , might not stand as "positive" in game means.
not questioning their business ability, but as player jugding (giving feedback actually, and trying to keep it feedback, within the discussion) the changes i doubt for the so called success.
there are obvious issues that either they don't want us to know they are looking at, or don't consider as issues.
maybe they ain't confirmed by the everyone, maybe many dont even make a forum account to give feedback who knows.

Knight of ICE

took a fast read (im not searching for flaws), what i'm saying is that whatever might seem "legal" , might not stand as "positive" in game means.
not questioning their business ability, but as player jugding (giving feedback actually, and trying to keep it feedback, within the discussion) the changes i doubt for the so called success.
there are obvious issues that either they don't want us to know they are looking at, or don't consider as issues.
maybe they ain't confirmed by the everyone, maybe many dont even make a forum account to give feedback who knows.

They have the right to do what they do. Everybody here is using the argument, it is hurting my game, so it hurts THE game. I am sure they have enough data to see where decisions like this lead to. If they take them, I am sure they are confident enough that based on the data they can take them. Every change players do not like, they will stop buying diamonds. They will quit the game. They know players that have already quit the game. They will give the game a bad review on the app. Really? The same with every change you do not like? That is supposed to impress Inno?

r21r

Major-General
Every change players do not like, they will stop buying diamonds. They will quit the game.
i get your point, but i personaly won't stop buying diamonds or quit because of changes.
i could stop playing when i am not able to play, like it happened on my previous world because of the huge opposition but thats another story
They know players that have already quit the game. They will give the game a bad review on the app.
yeah those ones i considered as "bad for the game".

what i mean is - ok - change them or not, but why call us here give feedback if we can't change anything ?

don't get me wrong, i ain't the one who will gather votes and blah blah blah, nor i'm asking them to make me a private version of the game the way i like it, but when i joined i was told that it's a long term game...

from "long term" to "we are allowed to change anything" is a big distance..

respectfully, please don't feel you are reading my drama ^^

Knight of ICE

11.1 You are not entitled to use mechanisms, software, programs or other routines that could disrupt our systems. You may not adopt any measures that could lead to an unreasonable overload of the systems

So, can heavy manual RQ'ing be classified as a mechanism, a routine or a measure - and does it disrupt or overload the system?

You are asking that to the wrong person. How should I know?

Mate.... I wouldn’t have even been able to access events if the abort delay remained. I’d call that a massive deal

Obviously I dont. It hardly effected me and it did not effect app players, so to me that makes it less of a solution than the 2000 abort limit. Is that allowed for me to say, or should I not say that because I am a forum mod?

Knight of ICE

what i mean is - ok - change them or not, but why call us here give feedback if we can't change anything ?

Feedback does not mean you can change things. It means you can tell what you think about things and based on tyhe feedback it is up to the person or company receiving the feedback what to do with it. It is feedback. It isn't a command or a vote.

r21r

Major-General
Feedback does not mean you can change things. It means you can tell what you think about things and based on tyhe feedback it is up to the person or company receiving the feedback what to do with it. It is feedback. It isn't a command or a vote.
i know what feedback means and it can indirectly change things in the end.
anyways, not arguing just sharing what's in my mind

PS - what i gave as feedback on this particular change, is that i'm not satisfied with the current solution.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
So many speculations and assumptions flying around. Would be nice if Inno gave us more clear and thorough explanations than their vague "to stop an exploit". What exactly does that mean? Which exploit(s) exactly?
Well, that's probably not going to happen. So let's just keep on making up our own explanations about the reasoning behind Inno's decisions...

Yeah this tbh, just put out an announcement, even if its only here. Give us some reasons for things that's all we ask. As yes, I trust a CM a lot more then especially Ice who just attacks players and makes people feel bad. If Inno told people on the forums, then we'd tell the rest in game or via other methods when others get curious or run into this, especially if they make seperate posts on the general forums.

We'd have an actual answer to give people, which would be nice :) Instead of wondering "if exploit" or "if server load is a problem now and not for the many years people have hardcore quested" Cause, their must be an actual reason.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
i know what feedback means and it can indirectly change things in the end.
anyways, not arguing just sharing what's in my mind

PS - what i gave as feedback on this particular change, is that i'm not satisfied with the current solution.

I once read over on swgoh forums, They used feedback threads as a place for us to vent, that they mostly ignore unless of course, the majority all have the same voice and its a lot of the same voice. Look at what it took to get the PVP towers reverted. I mean it took a lot, and many players. To get answers to why a 2k abort limit (that does not work with different ages as it is not balanced for different ages) Is a thing, we most likely need a bigger uproar then we currently have. What we have here is only 15 pages, which is easily ignored. Problem is, more and more people are quitting. I'm seeing it already on the newest server for EN.

A lot of people have quit. And many of them were people with high CF's. Down to 2 players left who I knew were all levelling their CF's and RQ'ing. Not really sure if it could even be a server load problem at this point, cause it feels like less people are playing FoE then before.

A lot of people have quit
Not sure I would call it "a lot of people". But yes, some very established veteran players in my main world have quit the game recently. Dont know if the quest limit is the main reason. It's probably one of many reasons. Sad :(