• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Knight of ICE

When it takes 3-4 years for Inno to notice how people are playing their game, I seriously doubt the above statement. :D

Why? Time for them to notice it, is not relevant to the delay being a bug or intentional.

Ati2

Legend
Why? Time for them to notice it, is not relevant to the delay being a bug or intentional.
There are two possibilities. One: it really took them 3-4 years to notice. Two: it didn't take them 3-4 years, but they felt like letting people build their cities, give them more money, before ruining years of their gameplay.

Are you suggesting it's number two?

Knight of ICE

3. New unlimited RQs brought it to their attention that players were exploiting the CF/RQ combo resulting in server load and players getting massive amounts of resources. Resources that make it easy for them to reach the end of a new age in no time.

Just my opinion.

Exactly. Nice timing don't you think?
It's the way you wrote it, makes it sound like they noticed because people finished SAV quickly.

This has always been the case so still not sure why it was only done now, there's not that many people with really high CFs and the real exploit is the unlimited fighting quest which could have simply been removed instead

Ati2

Legend
3. New unlimited RQs brought it to their attention that players were exploiting the CF/RQ combo resulting in server load and players getting massive amounts of resources. Resources that make it easy for them to reach the end of a new age in no time.
This makes no sense. If I have a high server-load, I see it immediately. It doesn't take three years to notice that gee, I've had high server-loads for the entire past three years.

Knight of ICE

This has always been the case so still not sure why it was only done now, there's not that many people with really high CFs and the real exploit is the unlimited fighting quest which could have simply been removed instead

Maybe, maybe not. To tackle the point scoring in two waves battles, you now only get double points for the second wave. Not the most logical way to deal with it as many have stated.

This makes no sense. If I have a high server-load, I see it immediately. It doesn't take three years to notice that gee, I've had high server-loads for the entire past three years.

UBQ was removed from later age RQ's. Fighting exploit was introduced. Maybe that made the difference.

r21r

Major-General
UBQ was removed from later age RQ's. Fighting exploit was introduced. Maybe that made the difference.
in SAAB they could produce a lot coins/supplies with the fighting quest and they where spending nothing for it.
still poor decision to nerf everything cause of bad planning impo.
they still make thousands FP's daily, only goods production has kinda been limited.
So they introduced an exploit, and instead of fixing it, they decided to go ahead, and while at it, ruin the game of other people, too, who are nowhere near that exploit.

Still doesn't make any sense.
ye, i hope they put some effort and find better solution

Maybe, maybe not. To tackle the point scoring in two waves battles, you now only get double points for the second wave. Not the most logical way to deal with it as many have stated.
That's been like that (or similar) since 2 wave battles were introduced.

There are 2 fighting RQs, both to win a battle and either do 8hr productions or collect goods (depending on which RQ) the exploit was people doing the fight for the battle points then aborting the rest of the quest.

To stop or limit this they effectively nerfed the CF

So many speculations and assumptions flying around. Would be nice if Inno gave us more clear and thorough explanations than their vague "to stop an exploit". What exactly does that mean? Which exploit(s) exactly?
Well, that's probably not going to happen. So let's just keep on making up our own explanations about the reasoning behind Inno's decisions...

Knight of ICE

So they introduced an exploit, and instead of fixing it, they decided to go ahead, and while at it, ruin the game of other people, too, who are nowhere near that exploit.

Still doesn't make any sense.

Neither does your argument. You have no idea how or why they made this decision. You are only making assumptions. So far they seem to be fine with this "fix". You do not even know it is about the fighting exploit. I just mentioned it as a possible reason they have seen an increased server load.

Knight of ICE

Oh, I certainly know about the how. Without thinking of the consequences. :D

Again, that is just your view on it. It's only what you think you know. I could claim they have thought about the consequences and decided those were no reason to not go forward with the "fix" and I would be speculating as much as you are.

Ati2

Legend
Again, that is just your view on it. It's only what you think you know. I could claim they have thought about the consequences and decided those were no reason to not go forward with the "fix" and I would be speculating as much as you are.
If that were the case, they wouldn't have backed off and come up with a different solution after the first change caused mass hysteria. :D

Knight of ICE

If that were the case, they wouldn't have backed off and come up with a different solution after the first change caused mass hysteria. :D

Really??

They backed off???

Delay didn't effect the app players and for players on PC with a fast connection it was really no big thing at all. The different solution effects every one. I would not call that backing off. Seems more like stepping up.

Ati2

Legend
Really??

They backed off???

Did they remove the delay? Yes.

And please don't come with the "it was a bug" explanation. You don't introduce a fixed delay by accident. But even if someone was drunk and thought it was a good joke, they should have caught it in beta, since everyone saw it there and commented on it. Inno still let it out to the live servers.

Knight of ICE

Did they remove the delay? Yes.

Did they come up with something else? Yes.

And please don't come with the "it was a bug" explanation. You don't introduce a fixed delay by accident. But even if someone was drunk and thought it was a good joke, they should have caught it in beta, since everyone saw it there and commented on it. Inno still let it out to the live servers.

You got me there. That was a first. Not like that has ever happened before, or that they did explain that time between beta and live servers is to short to prevent this from happening.