• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

DeletedUser112892

I find that many of these "expert players" have childish names and childish bullying behaviour. I get the feeling that they are kids but not just any kid but kids who are pampered and have rich indulgent parents who let their kids do anything. Those kids become bullies at school and I think they are here bullying other players. As you point out they won't fight with someone from their own era but attack those from an earlier era who cannot get an army equal to those of the bullies.
Well, your post is absolutely the same case as with many other games.
There are players who love to call the ones who just know the game well kids, bots, cowards or any other name.
Look at it from another side. Those kids who "bully" you are mostly forcing you to learn how to play game. Whose fault is when you age up brainlessly? Whose fault is when you find yourself in the lowest 10 players in your hood? Every single "advantage" those bullies have has been created by long time of hard work. Once they have also been ones of the weakest.
When the moderators shuffle the neighbours the bullies scan for weak earlier era players who cannot defend themselves and like vultures attack. I find within an hour or two almost half a dozen attacking my weaker cities. Because their armies are invincible they wipe out the weak armies and have no losses. The moderators just give platitudes when one complains but do nothing to rectify the matter. I collect supplies once a day and enter my cities just before the supplies are ready so I don't lose supplies only my dwellings can get plundered BUT BUT BUT I find my barracks have been wiped out so I have to use a lot of coins and supplies to replace my army, having revenge is a sick joke as anyone selecting this gets their army wiped out. I am an engineer so design and develop hardware and software. The method to prevent a player in one era getting an army from a more modern era could be used to stop a bully attacking a player from an earlier era. The fact that it does not get done and moderators only give useless platitudes and prevent players from communicating with the owners and software programmers is wrong.
Moderators don't have any connection with game development, they are here just to help players and act as a connection between them and developers. Plus you will ALWAYS get same era players when hood shuffles, so, if player ages up between two shuffles, he will stay in the same lower age era before next shuffle (or just next week). And tet, you complain about getting troops from higher ages. Well, everyone can get them, it is just about knowledge of the game. Many players have never heard about gettung higher era troops. Is that our's mistake of theirs? Of course it is theirs.
You also don't need many coins and supplies to replace army if you have Alcatraz. Actually, you wouldn't need any coins and supplies. And last, how can moderators prevent players from communicating with developers if developers don't even use these forums?

DeletedUser108359

Wait- the defending army may get defeated- dead- but then they pop right back up, don't they- waiting to be killed again and again? You don't have to replenish your barracks if you are only defending.

That is correct.
You only lose troops if you attack, eg pvp, gvg ge etc etc

might be worth mentioning that if you attack using troops that Are Defending - then they are lost - if lost in the attack battle.

Well, yeah. If you have so few troops you need to do that, you shouldn't be attacking anyone. That said- I am sure I did it in the beginning- especially for GE, before I got Traz and built up enough of all troops and several ages. Sometimes for quests, you might have need to do that. Troops that are just injured heal back up- usually fairly quickly. You need to be 'wise' about what you take on in those situations.

DeletedUser117019

I have noticed a new ploy being carried out by some. They attack with a weak old army then retreat. I looked at their city. It was magnificent with a lot of stuff that I dream of getting and with modern strong armies. If someone watched this dummy attack and thought I could easily beat that army and went in for revenge, their army would be wiped out leaving them having to replace their army and probably leaving them wide open to an attack by another bully. I see that there seems to be gangs that work together on a common victim. I wonder if others have observed that. I collect the supplies once a day so if attacked and plundered they can only plunder a house however I see the same player carrying a mock attack every day. I am using 10 cities with different strategies to see which works best. I notice the same behaviour from about 6 players in each city.

Emberguard

Legend
@Pesach

I’ve never come across anyone doing it to give false impressions. It is however a tactic used among attackers/plunderers for those who don’t do much GvG and want tower points for the medals. So many neighbours use 2 spear defences and not many go for previous age towers. I’ve often found a single fight against a 2 spear defence is enough to secure a previous age tower position.

Also attacking another player and being wiped out shouldn’t put them in any different of a position for their own city. Defence troops are blue. They’re completely seperate from your attack troop unless you choose to put the defence onto attack. If you do Guild Expedition you’ll have spare unattached troops that can be placed on defence freeing up your attached troops for everything else

DeletedUser114342

I have noticed a new ploy being carried out by some. They attack with a weak old army then retreat. I looked at their city. It was magnificent with a lot of stuff that I dream of getting and with modern strong armies. If someone watched this dummy attack and thought I could easily beat that army and went in for revenge, their army would be wiped out leaving them having to replace their army and probably leaving them wide open to an attack by another bully. I see that there seems to be gangs that work together on a common victim. I wonder if others have observed that. I collect the supplies once a day so if attacked and plundered they can only plunder a house however I see the same player carrying a mock attack every day. I am using 10 cities with different strategies to see which works best. I notice the same behaviour from about 6 players in each city.

I sometimes attack and then retreat when I have a quest to fill of beat x amount of units. I’m not interested in winning the battle just the number of troops I beat.

DeletedUser113423

I must be a KIND bully then ?? i attack for points NOT too plunder , I dont think thats right for bigger guys to attack a smaller guy then plunder them , i was in that position a long time ago and remember that position i was in and it did not feal very good ...I have been t it for abit over a year now and ever since getting abit stronger , i always feal for the little guy because i was their once myself , its VERY frustrating for them (as i felt that way too) SO..I may attack them , but I seriously cant remember the last time i actually plundered anyone .............ON one hand its a issue that should be corrected as neighbors in ones bar should be made to be one AGE below and UP...I feal its rather BAD to see one neighnor bar withe people as far down as being 3-4 ages below you ..II REALLY DONT THINK THATS RIGHT

Agent327

Overlord
ON one hand its a issue that should be corrected as neighbors in ones bar should be made to be one AGE below and UP...I feal its rather BAD to see one neighnor bar withe people as far down as being 3-4 ages below you ..II REALLY DONT THINK THATS RIGHT

Only possible in a brand new world, so your information is not correct!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Only possible in a brand new world, so your information is not correct!
well to be fair, it *can* very occasionally happen during the 'hood locking events, especially in the early era 'hoods...

A common tactic for those who are close to moving up an age is to wait for the event to start, then age-up, and laugh for the next 4 weeks! :lol:
IIRC, it was during this year's Carnival event, I had a couple Colonial cities in my otherwise HMA 'hood by the end of the event and for the few days before the 'hoods finally reset again.

I must be a KIND bully then ?? i attack for points NOT too plunder , I dont think thats right for bigger guys to attack a smaller guy then plunder them , i was in that position a long time ago and remember that position i was in and it did not feal very good ...I have been t it for abit over a year now and ever since getting abit stronger , i always feal for the little guy because i was their once myself , its VERY frustrating for them (as i felt that way too) SO..I may attack them , but I seriously cant remember the last time i actually plundered anyone .............ON one hand its a issue that should be corrected as neighbors in ones bar should be made to be one AGE below and UP...I feal its rather BAD to see one neighnor bar withe people as far down as being 3-4 ages below you ..II REALLY DONT THINK THATS RIGHT
We were ALL tiny fish in bigger ponds at one point. Those of us who are now the top 5-10 all the time simply worked our backsides off to no longer be prey to the other big cities.

And besides, when you see things like;
- a HMA city with only IA buildings (including goods!)
- goods buildings w/24 - 48hr productions left sitting about
- defenses 2-3 ages below the current age (let alone the famous 2 Spearchumpies!)
- random gak placed everywhere
- etc, etc...
Why should I not take the opportunity to help myself? That city's owner is obviously so casual in their play that they shouldn't care anyways.

Besides, if having even a few coins/supplies taken away by a filthy looter is so soul destroying, then, just pick-up your gak on time!!

DeletedUser113125

On Rugnir my neighbourhood barely changes each time. Eras are between The Future and Mars. I get attacked by troops my defence can’t even dent, and occasionally plundered, but so be it. It’s part of the game. The difference in eras isn’t that much of a deal as the players who will plunder would have done so when they are the same age. They tend to be active, focus on their attack boosting GBs and know how to fight. They also make good additions to a friends’ list.

Emberguard

Legend
Not a difference of 3-4 ages.
You’re correct that doesn’t usually happen and I haven’t seen it actually occur during the current system for anything early or mid game. I have however talked to players that say they’ve got the resources to make it happen within the hood rotation but just don’t want to so they can do those ages for more then a couple days

DeletedUser113125

You’re correct that doesn’t usually happen and I haven’t seen it actually occur during the current system for anything early or mid game. I have however talked to players that say they’ve got the resources to make it happen within the hood rotation but just don’t want to so they can do those ages for more then a couple days
I knew a player who did that. It came up in a discussion about troops of higher ages. They traded or bought goods and saved fp packets then blasted through 2 eras during a hood so they owned towers easily. They preferred unlocking everything in one go. They then camped and gathered resources again. I’ve only heard of one player who did that though.

Dead-Eye

General
And besides, when you see things like;
- a HMA city with only IA buildings (including goods!)
- goods buildings w/24 - 48hr productions left sitting about
- defenses 2-3 ages below the current age (let alone the famous 2 Spearchumpies!)
- random gak placed everywhere
- etc, etc...

I can't stand these players and that makes the love letters I get from them all the more heart warming.

Agent327

Overlord

I knew a player who did that. It came up in a discussion about troops of higher ages. They traded or bought goods and saved fp packets then blasted through 2 eras during a hood so they owned towers easily. They preferred unlocking everything in one go. They then camped and gathered resources again. I’ve only heard of one player who did that though.

Not 4 ages.