• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
How funny is this, one of my guildies is a long time camper and she attacks hoodies but doesn’t plunder. Yesterday, one of them sent her a ‘love letter’ just for attacking. So now to show him how much she appreciates him, she makes sure he gets plundered everyday! Lol
Better yet, post the player's name to the rest of your guild so they can join in the fun too!
Also make sure that they then send a cordial, *cue Rains of Castamere*, "The Lannisters send their regards." message. ;)

...and if/when the whiner inevitably sends mass raging hate-mail in return, it is right and proper to send the following, "If you think this has a happy ending, then clearly you haven't been paying attention!"

DeletedUser110480

There is a growing number of expert players camping in the Iron age and EMA preying on new players, stealing their stuff. The problem is growing, and if not addressed it could eventually wreck this game. I've seen it before. Allowing expert players to prey and bully new players destroys games and this game is going the same way. New players bring fresh money to the game. Getting into a new game and having your stuff stolen by bullies who think they are soooooo good but who are really nothing but bullies drives new players away. You need to find a way to keep the bullies away from new players.

Oh, and I'm not interested in listening to anything from those who only attack people who can't attack you back.You're not good players imo.

Regards
You are so right , George..These bullies are in every age..There are some failings in this game..And the big problem is , that FoE management don't do anything about it..Instead , some moderators are bullying you right here..You are always wrong..They want that you must click a lot ..Every click means , money..And it is good as long as it doesn't ruin the game..But in certain cases , it ruins the game..Hop in and out a guild , means a lot of clicks..But it ruins the guild..And therefor also the game , which is based on guilds..Also in guilds , there are some fake members..In Dinegu , I am the founder of SuperHeroes..A level 19 guild..Which had fake members , who all were red dotted for a long time..I had to threw them out , because it costs a lot of goods to be paid at GE for those fake inactive members..SuperHeroes is open to join..Up till now not a single member..About one year ago , a level 19 guild had an average of 30 to 40 members..Take a look at the Global ranks of guilds..And you will see what I mean..

Agent327

Overlord
You are so right , George..These bullies are in every age..There are some failings in this game..And the big problem is , that FoE management don't do anything about it..Instead , some moderators are bullying you right here..You are always wrong..They want that you must click a lot ..Every click means , money..And it is good as long as it doesn't ruin the game..But in certain cases , it ruins the game..Hop in and out a guild , means a lot of clicks..But it ruins the guild..And therefor also the game , which is based on guilds..Also in guilds , there are some fake members..In Dinegu , I am the founder of SuperHeroes..A level 19 guild..Which had fake members , who all were red dotted for a long time..I had to threw them out , because it costs a lot of goods to be paid at GE for those fake inactive members..SuperHeroes is open to join..Up till now not a single member..About one year ago , a level 19 guild had an average of 30 to 40 members..Take a look at the Global ranks of guilds..And you will see what I mean..

If you are bullied it is not because of your comments, but because of your lack of understanding. Face it, you may be the founder, but judging from your words a very bad leader. If you have a guild open to join, you give up the control of who can join. If members are red dotted for a long time it is because you do not take action. Do not blame others cause you are inadequate at your task.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Too many false guidies and false friends.

They produce hundreds (and circulate thousands) of Forge Points a day and still they just have to make profits, however big and small, through GB contribution, over smaller players who only produce dozens a day.

(No complaint if they were a neighbour.)

(Can you kick a friend? -- If you have 140 friends, you'll have to kick 60 others before you can reach them)

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

It is already adressing itself automatically: when you progress into the game you get to a point where a few seconds have more value than a few hundred coins/supplies. You will then only attack players who produce FPs.

DeletedUser117019

There is a growing number of expert players camping in the Iron age and EMA preying on new players, stealing their stuff. The problem is growing, and if not addressed it could eventually wreck this game. I've seen it before. Allowing expert players to prey and bully new players destroys games and this game is going the same way. New players bring fresh money to the game. Getting into a new game and having your stuff stolen by bullies who think they are soooooo good but who are really nothing but bullies drives new players away. You need to find a way to keep the bullies away from new players.

Oh, and I'm not interested in listening to anything from those who only attack people who can't attack you back.You're not good players imo.

Regards
I find that many of these "expert players" have childish names and childish bullying behaviour. I get the feeling that they are kids but not just any kid but kids who are pampered and have rich indulgent parents who let their kids do anything. Those kids become bullies at school and I think they are here bullying other players. As you point out they won't fight with someone from their own era but attack those from an earlier era who cannot get an army equal to those of the bullies. I find that moderators are to blame for putting players from tor example the Colonial age together with those in the middle ages or earlier. When the moderators shuffle the neighbours the bullies scan for weak earlier era players who cannot defend themselves and like vultures attack. I find within an hour or two almost half a dozen attacking my weaker cities. Because their armies are invincible they wipe out the weak armies and have no losses. The moderators just give platitudes when one complains but do nothing to rectify the matter. I collect supplies once a day and enter my cities just before the supplies are ready so I don't lose supplies only my dwellings can get plundered BUT BUT BUT I find my barracks have been wiped out so I have to use a lot of coins and supplies to replace my army, having revenge is a sick joke as anyone selecting this gets their army wiped out. I am an engineer so design and develop hardware and software. The method to prevent a player in one era getting an army from a more modern era could be used to stop a bully attacking a player from an earlier era. The fact that it does not get done and moderators only give useless platitudes and prevent players from communicating with the owners and software programmers is wrong.

Agent327

Overlord
I find that many of these "expert players" have childish names and childish bullying behaviour. I get the feeling that they are kids but not just any kid but kids who are pampered and have rich indulgent parents who let their kids do anything. Those kids become bullies at school and I think they are here bullying other players.

If that were the case I strongly advise you to have a look at your name.

As you point out they won't fight with someone from their own era but attack those from an earlier era who cannot get an army equal to those of the bullies. I find that moderators are to blame for putting players from tor example the Colonial age together with those in the middle ages or earlier. When the moderators shuffle the neighbours the bullies scan for weak earlier era players who cannot defend themselves and like vultures attack. I find within an hour or two almost half a dozen attacking my weaker cities. Because their armies are invincible they wipe out the weak armies and have no losses.

Moderators do not shuffle and colonial age players are never in an age with middle ages or earlier unless it is a brand new world. Apart from that very strong argument.

The moderators just give platitudes when one complains but do nothing to rectify the matter. I collect supplies once a day and enter my cities just before the supplies are ready so I don't lose supplies only my dwellings can get plundered BUT BUT BUT I find my barracks have been wiped out so I have to use a lot of coins and supplies to replace my army, having revenge is a sick joke as anyone selecting this gets their army wiped out. I am an engineer so design and develop hardware and software. The method to prevent a player in one era getting an army from a more modern era could be used to stop a bully attacking a player from an earlier era. The fact that it does not get done and moderators only give useless platitudes and prevent players from communicating with the owners and software programmers is wrong.

With your insight of the game I would not boast about being an engineer.

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I find that many of these "expert players" have childish names and childish bullying behaviour. I get the feeling that they are kids but not just any kid but kids who are pampered and have rich indulgent parents who let their kids do anything. Those kids become bullies at school and I think they are here bullying other players. As you point out they won't fight with someone from their own era but attack those from an earlier era who cannot get an army equal to those of the bullies. I find that moderators are to blame for putting players from tor example the Colonial age together with those in the middle ages or earlier. When the moderators shuffle the neighbours the bullies scan for weak earlier era players who cannot defend themselves and like vultures attack. I find within an hour or two almost half a dozen attacking my weaker cities. Because their armies are invincible they wipe out the weak armies and have no losses. The moderators just give platitudes when one complains but do nothing to rectify the matter. I collect supplies once a day and enter my cities just before the supplies are ready so I don't lose supplies only my dwellings can get plundered BUT BUT BUT I find my barracks have been wiped out so I have to use a lot of coins and supplies to replace my army, having revenge is a sick joke as anyone selecting this gets their army wiped out. I am an engineer so design and develop hardware and software. The method to prevent a player in one era getting an army from a more modern era could be used to stop a bully attacking a player from an earlier era. The fact that it does not get done and moderators only give useless platitudes and prevent players from communicating with the owners and software programmers is wrong.

How many more times...

They are not bullies, they just play the game a different way to you. As you progress through the ages you will leave these "age campers" behind. Everyone in Virtual Future has managed this. It's your problem if you can't deal with it.

DeletedUser108359

I find that moderators are to blame for putting players from tor example the Colonial age together with those in the middle ages or earlier. When the moderators shuffle the neighbours the bullies scan for weak earlier era players who cannot defend themselves and like vultures attack. I find within an hour or two almost half a dozen attacking my weaker cities. Because their armies are invincible they wipe out the weak armies and have no losses. The moderators just give platitudes when one complains but do nothing to rectify the matter.

I would like to respond to you concerning this, and perhaps educate you a little bit.

1) Moderators have NOTHING to do with which players are placed in which neighborhood, this is an automated system.
2) Moderators DO NOT shuffle the system, again this is automated.
3) Moderators have nothing to do with how players play their game, ( as long as they remain within the rules of the game ) we cannot instruct any player what to do with his/her game.
4)
BUT BUT BUT I find my barracks have been wiped out so I have to use a lot of coins and supplies to replace my army,

This is technically impossible as your Barracks building cannot be plundered nor sabotaged. Your defending army cannot be destroyed, after the battle they are automatically healed and ready to defend again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sensible Gamers "camp" in an Era to consolidate their position, strengthen their Cities and Militaries and Expand their footprints via FP investments which produce Medals. This good gameplay is not detrimental to any but the least competent Players who, rather than complain, would fare far better and profit from the tuition provided, gratis, by better Players. Bullies do exist and non should realistically attempt to deny that however, many complaints of such are not based on facts but simply sour grapes from the inexperienced or incompetent. Expand, Build, Consolidate; because if you simply fly through the Game without doing so, you will fail to understand how this type of game works and fail to make any meaningful progress.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Oh gods where to begin...
- claims anyone better than them is a bully? Check!
- calls said bullies names in return? Check!
- claims those beating them are essentially cheating to win? Check!
- blames everyone else but themselves for their crappy city getting plundered? Check!
- has extremely limited understanding of how the game works & makes wildly inaccurate claims? Check!

...can I get an FoE Bingo! card over here please - I think I just won a good round?! :P

LOL - Now that was some "Good Laughs" reading material.

Reminds me of a song I have for the wimpy wimps:

Oh woes wits me.
How will I ever go on?
My city has been plundered again.
Oh woes wits me.

xmen14

Private
If players don't mind having the same players in their hood most of the time then it would be a plausible implementation, just might not actually solve anything long term. If you're bundled with a player joining the same day that decides to spend real money, get into a top guild and therefore have the resources to hyper lvl a Arc + other GBs within a short period of time you're still going to have the same problem if they decide to plunder. You're just less likely to get rid of them through neighbourhood rotation if they keep pace with your tech tree. If they camp and then later catch up to you then you're still going to be in the same neighbourhood if it's based on joining times and chances are it'd be a similar situation all over again given they'd have been working on lvl'ing the GBs

xmen14

Private
Totally agree knowing the game and being in a good guild is good gameplay. Spending money in itself I would argue isn't so much gameplay as having a different set of resources available. If you don't have the money to spend then it's not even an option.

Not asking for them to be penalised. However depending on how quickly everyone advances and how much the account deletions/inactivity cycles effects the hoods the issue of there being players with enormous differences in what they've built up could still exist only you'd have the same players for longer.

However if the game did somehow manage to isolate all those who rapidly progress from those that don't you'd have an entirely different problem. New players wouldn't be able to use neighbours to get into the top guilds - either through looking at what guilds they're in and asking for a foot in the door, or through BP hunting. Wouldn't be an issue for those that just want to avoid being plundered, but it would make it harder for those that want rapid progress in the game
who is the mod for korch?