• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Kraken

• Thread starter DeletedUser114563
  • Start date

DeletedUser112892

Sunken treasures produce 15 goods a day @ a mere 3x2, best object Inno produced so far :)
For some players that is jackpot, for others who e.g. are heavy questers and daily attackers and plunderers, Sunken Treasures are surely not used for producing goods. Many players don't even build them because of bad FP/tile efficiency.

Emberguard

Legend
Please stay on topic - off topic posts will momentarily be deleted. If you wish to continue the off topic discussion please either make a new thread or continue it where it's on topic

DeletedUser114563

Outstanding. Win 5 battles in the GE, 3 out of 5 the Kraken kicked in and made 1 troop vanish straight away. :)
Pity I didn't install the Kraken much earlier, I would probably saved a lot more troops and my levels would be much higher giving me a high probability of the "First Strike" feature coming in because my 23% probability as of now, would be much higher then.

Emberguard

Legend
Topic is Kraken.

Discussion options:
- how you utilise Kraken
- difference having a Kraken has made in your city
- how expensive it is to build
- how it compares to other GBs (just make sure you point back to the kraken in the same post)
- Anything else GB Kraken related

DeletedUser112892

Kraken is an OF GB. It has one active and one passive bonus. Active bonus is "First Strike", which gives certain chance to kill one enemy unit instantly at the start of the battle. Passive ability is FP production.
Nothing to explain about usage of it, as the unit that will be killed at the start of battle is chosen randomly.
Basically, it is not special building by any means, because there is no strategy for using it.

Emberguard

Legend
See, you're discussing Kraken :D if you have a passion for something, there's something to discuss

What would you find to be the ideal lvl to take a Kraken to?

DeletedUser112892

See, you're discussing Kraken :D if you have a passion for something, there's something to discuss

Depends. Some people are skyrocketing it mostly because of FPs production (I am planning to skyrocket it when I build it too). Others mostly just take it to lvl 10 :)

Agent327

Overlord
My preference of plunder order tends to be;
1. Maharaja's -> Xmas set (Moose medow and/or the big red tent) -> Cherry Garden
2. TF's
3. Opus/Sunken T's
4. Goods buildings

I've mostly given up on the other multi-production stuff like Arena of Victors, Bazaar, etc... as again, in HMA there's too many dumb 'hoodies who use them for tools or medals. >.<

I like to plunder blacksmiths. Nothing more fun than messing up a quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord

Ideal level depends on what you expect from your Kraken. If you are a fighter and want to fight 1 unit less in every fight you need to bring it as high as you can and keep continuing to do that.

If it is for the fp's you have better options.

DeletedUser113901

The kraken is a big octopus. Once you bring it to your city, it'll eat your ennemies and use its 9 brains (one in the head and one in each arm, like all octopuses) to think for you, granting you first strike and daily FP!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
If you're not a fighter, than there's no point building Kraken until after you've got the 'main' fp producers built. (Cape + AO)

Otherwise, if you're a fighter & enjoy murdering your 'hoodies on a daily/near daily basis, then I'd put it in after the main staples of Zeus/CoA/CdM & Atlantis...
Due to the plunder mechanic on it, I'd vote for Atlantis 1st since there's no 'limited charges' to it - it's just a reverse Seed Vault who's main bonus is always active.

DeletedUser113901

So a 120 year old octopus always kill a unit? Gooooooood.

DeletedUser114563

Second favourite to my Dynamic Tower :)

Good to know about Kraken, maybe I need one.

If you playing a non aggressive game like I do and occasionally get plundered then you need everything you got to take revenge. By eliminating 1 out of 8 defenders, your chances automatically increase by 12.5% of beating the plunderer.