• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Arc is too powerful

DeletedUser15501

"First of all most people who are able to swap 400 FP with you will not swap with you without being guaranteed a good spot on your Arc."

Dunno which game you are talking about or on what medications you are on. When someone's Arc become high enough, people want to swap with you so YOU can increase THEIR Arc. Sure, many will also swap only if you also have an Arc, to get Arc BPs. But to refuse to swap because one will get a higher reward than the other? I've never seen that. That's what happens all the time in my world: as long as you get the back the same amount you give.

In my world quite a few people swap for net FP rewards, so if you get 400 FP reward back from the swap and your swap partner gets only 100 FP back then I need to put 300 FP more in the GB of my swap partner. This is the most fair way to arrange swaps. Not everyone does this, but I do so your example would never work in my case. And even if I did then I can not imagine someone who is willing to constantly give me the best spots on their Arc while they can only fetch some BP on my Arc if they're lucky. Especially people with high level Arcs themselves are usually very conscious of doing profitable swaps not only in BP but also FP. So your method still depends on successfully ripping other people off and you constantly getting the best deals out of every swap. Who in their right mind would want to swap with you if they know that without swapping you can donate directly on their Arc without losing any FP? I don't know any on my world at least. I've seen people do unbalanced swaps but not that unbalanced...

"LOL good luck finding an infinite supply of dumb people who are able and willing to do this with you. No wonder you don't have a lvl 80 Arc yet, you only have theories but know nothing about how things work in actual practice."

Yes, I guess, there are a lot of dumb people. Especially the ones I reply to.

It's not a theory, it's a fact that many agreed. You just keep on bashing cuz you don't want Inno to change it, cuz you want to continue to abuse the game. That's your right, stop replying with nonsense. You are obviously no good in math.

So tell me, who are the many people exactly that agree with you here? As for my skill in math, I've actually followed quite a few math courses in university for my study and was and am still pretty good at it, but you don't need to be good at math to understand why you're wrong here. Just read what I wrote above. I am not bashing you at all just giving you solid arguments why I think you're wrong. You however start throwing insults at me when you can't find any good arguments. Also, I don't have a lvl 80 Arc and am always trying to do fair balanced swaps in the rare case I do them, so even if I wanted to abuse the game I couldn't because I am not in the business of ripping other people off like you seem to be. And even if I was I don't think I could find enough people with high level Arcs themselves who are altruistic enough to work with me constantly giving me top rewards and themselves only a few BP and FP. Now do you finally understand? I've repeated my arguments twice in this post so if you still don't get it I give up...

DeletedUser

Mizar, you are replying mean, so I do the same. Your last reply is more respectful.

Yes, I completely agree, if your world is swapping based on the rewards, I can understand why it wouldn't work.

So, from what I understand you are saying that from your experience, people will "Swap X FPs as long as I get as much rewards from the other as the other person will get from mine"? Not from my experience. People will regularly call for Packs swap in Global chat, as long as you get as many FPs as you give, rewards is a bonus.

And it's normal. If you swap with someone's low GB to help increase your higher GB, it's normal that you will get a small reward and that sometimes the other person will get a bigger reward. It becomes more fair, rewards wise, when you swap with someone's GB of similar level or the spot you get is similar in rewards.

But in my experience most are simply swapping "X FPs given = X FPs received".

So, I can understand that if from your experience you see players are also taking into consideration the rewards the other will get, that this scenario doesn't work. Well, in Houndsmoor it does. And now, Gertrude is also hunting higher GBs from other friends/neighbors, cuz all the GBs in her guild have the 1st and 2nd spot secured, and she's waiting for the rest of the GB to level.

So, she's expanding her number of GBs that she will get free FPs, without even the need of swapping anymore, cuz she makes FP profits now, she doesn't need to put as many FPs as the rewards will give her. So, always making a profit.

Her only limit is how many FP Packs she has. And now it will only increase.

DeletedUser

that's all fine and well, only problem is that the lion's share of the benefits is felt by people with level 25+ gb's. Because at those levels the top reward is above 25% of the total cost to level. At lower levels it can be as low as 10%, changing the picture totally.

That's exactly what I said. It's INTENDED to help players get their GBs way above 25. It is a fact that Arc does not help you get GBs leveled nearly as much at low levels.

DeletedUser96745

there is no real need for math here. Just check the game and see what is going on.

Are many people building it up crazy fast? Does every guild want to have couple of very high Arcs in guild?

If you can answer that, you will see that it is not something usual going on here. GB is "good".

BTW: second place available for sniping in my lvl 59 Arc on H.

DeletedUser653

there is no real need for math here. Just check the game and see what is going on.

Are many people building it up crazy fast? Does every guild want to have couple of very high Arcs in guild?

If you can answer that, you will see that it is not something usual going on here. GB is "good".

BTW: second place available for sniping in my lvl 59 Arc on H.

We have a special program to get goods to lower players who have managed to get the BP's but are nowhere near to FE to get the goods, think we have PE players with ARCs now. Its great for guilds and great for players once you get a decent number of levels.

But it is a massive game changer and in houndsmoor Addonexus' Arc which is level 85 (5 up this week) has 250 open levels when i looked today, this shows how much an advantage a a single high level ARC has (I am building my levels as fast as I can) and how many top spots can easily be taken without loss of FP's.
Because of this I am in favour of capping it.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
We have a special program to get goods to lower players who have managed to get the BP's but are nowhere near to FE to get the goods, think we have PE players with ARCs now. Its great for guilds and great for players once you get a decent number of levels.

But it is a massive game changer and in houndsmoor Addonexus' Arc which is level 85 (5 up this week) has 250 open levels when i looked today, this shows how much an advantage a a single high level ARC has (I am building my levels as fast as I can) and how many top spots can easily be taken without loss of FP's.
Because of this I am in favour of capping it.
why people want to make up stories so much? 5 levels in the last week? my Arc has been level 80 1-2 months ago. the last 5 levels have been going up 1 level every 5-10 days. i dont know where you get your facts from, but they are wrong.
about the levels, yes, its only to 250, i got bored unlocking new levels, but i can unlock it to almost 500 (missing a few bps for the last few levels) :)

DeletedUser653

I got the up 5 levels from an earlier poster who said you went up 5 in 2 days, the 250 i checked myself. I will find that post.

post is here
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/arc-the-end-of-foe.31483/

Already, on the better developed worlds it is apparent that players with high level Arc's are point bombing, and i've already seen Arc's of over level 50 on a some worlds and on houndsmoor Addonexus' Arc has gone from level 80 to level 85 in 2 days.......................
But thanks for correcting me, teaches me right for taking KinkyB' words.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99363

Arc GB leveling teams works to get all up to lvl 60 in a 1-2 months pretty easy, but in the end it will be even for top players mostly adn you will have to be fast to snip 1st in Gb's but it will also help your bank to level other GB's in your city as well, lets how long it takes to level 60 Arc/Chateau/Cape, and all 3 attack gb's

DeletedUser101774

I Agree with you Recksters

Like many guilds on Houndsmoor, our guild operates a FP swop system among our own members - it helps to level our GBs and benefits the donor with the fp and bp packs. Ever since Forge of Empires introduced the Arc GB, we have neighbourhood players monitering the progress of certain Gbs, (mainly Alcatraz and Arcs) and they are dumping large quanities of fps into our GBs, oftentime levelling them instantly so that we lose the chance of double collecting, and relegating our own members down the prize list. This grossly unfair. These neighbourhood players have levelled their Arcs to ridiculous levels so the percentage gain they get, repay them for the large amounts of fps they are dumping.

There might be occasions when you invite someone from your friends list to contribute to your GBs, but no-one is going to be interested in people from their hood - this is a group of strangers that you get thrown in with no emotional attachment at all.

There should be a system whereby players can not contribute to GBs in their hood, only to their guild or friends list OR have a system like we have on the mails, where you can ignore/exclude players. You need to do something because it is really unfair now, and coming so quickly after the rankings adjustments there are a lot of disgruntled players out here

DeletedUser2989

Just for future reference the net vote at the point of this post is -1.

I've had to delete many posts from this thread as they fell completely off-topic, this does the idea no favors. The point of the ideas section is more so to vote, discussion is allowed but I must urge people to keep it minimal. If something isn't being explained properly in 3 posts or less then it may be better off starting a discussion thread so that it can be looked into in greater depth. This keeps the idea clear for voting and helps it stay on topic. It's been a fair effort counting the votes in this thread as only 13 were cast over (what is now) 9 pages, this would have been much easier had most of this discussion happened elsewhere.

Thus please keep this thread open for votes and minor discussion/comments and take the larger discussions to another thread.

As for my own position on the thread, I understand the concern raised by the OP, it's a fairly universal concern that comes with unlimited levels. I would like to see a more detailed list or visual regarding the "boost gain" per level over the course of 100 levels as it's my understanding that the amount changes at various points. That way I could easily see the difference between what is proposed and what we have (all the maths I read earlier has not convinced me one way or the other), till then I find it hard to consider voting yes. Given that this is sort of a +1 or -1 and no 0 vote I guess that leaves me as a -1 :/

(That makes the total -2...)

DeletedUser100832

well the boosts are:

31% at level 10
then +1% till level 59
+0.5% till level 79
+0.1% thereafter

so actually the levels are not unlimited, it makes little sense to level beyond 80, unless you are after the extra goods

also, I was under impression that ideas would be forwarded if they made sense, as opposed to if a group of users most of whom have an agenda approved them. I would imagine most of the '-1''s are turkeys who don't fancy the idea of christmas.

DeletedUser96901

sure it is unlimited: because there is no maximum value
because if it would be "not unlimited" there would be a limit (=maximum value)

even +0.0001% would be unlimited

:P

DeletedUser100832

I don't want to get too pedantic, but it's bounded, and therefore limited. It's only unlimited in the sense of Zeno's paradox :P

DeletedUser100832

ok mr pedant, it is bounded by a relatively low % value (I doubt it will reach 95%). What is not bounded by a reasonable bound is the number of fp you can win with a high-level arc. So the perpetuum mobile arc already exists, in that suggestion I wanted to change the rewards and make it less powerful

DeletedUser106918

I don't want to get too pedantic, but it's bounded, and therefore limited. It's only unlimited in the sense of Zeno's paradox :P
Do you have a source for this?
You're saying that the bonus per level decreases at higher levels. So far we know that it drops to 0.1%, where does it state that it drops even further?

DeletedUser100832

Do you have a source for this?
You're saying that the bonus per level decreases at higher levels. So far we know that it drops to 0.1%, where does it state that it drops even further?

well, it could stay at +0.1% forever. But it stands to reason to extrapolate and assume it diminishes further still.

DeletedUser15432

I actually think that this is bad idea, as stated earlier in this thread the Arc already has two downgrades, therefore a score of -1 for this idea