• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Arc is too powerful

DeletedUser

Hello,

I was told by Support to post this here, but I know I will only get bashed on cuz nobody will agree.

The Arc GB is destroying the game. Players with very high Arc can now easily raise other GBs without losing a single FP. And you can swap A LOT of FPs with many people without costing you a single FP.

It's not a matter of game points, it's a matter of levelling GBs extremely fast and getting unfair advantages. With very high Arcs, a player can swap 1,000 FPs with someone, but it won't cost him a single FP, because he will get it all back in the reward. So that player can swap with many players without costing him a single FP.

For example, a level 80 Arc give +90% FPs in rewards. When the top reward of a GB gives X, you can swap with that player for X * 1.90 without costing a single FP. And when you put double of the top reward you usually win it when you put the FPs at a good time.

If the top reward gives 400 FPs, you can say to the player: "Hey, I'll swap 760 FPs with you, deal?" And you put 760 FPs in his GB and you will win 760 FPs in rewards. Tada, 0 FP. You can do that with A LOT OF players at the same time.

I know nobody will agree with my idea and I will get bashed on. And if so, I invite you to do the same as much as possible, maybe the moderators will inform the developpers.

What can be done? Nerf it! After level 10, only give 0.1%!

DeletedUser

+0.1% is too little

the worst nerf I have experienced on a GB was when Zeus/Aachen/CDM went from +150% to +90%. That was a 40% nerf and caused many people to quit the game. Your proposal is a 55% nerf on a level 59 Arc.

I could see reducing it to 0.5% per level but not 0.1%

Edit: 0.1% might have been a reasonable option if the GB was released like that, but people will be infuriated if their +80% drops to +36% for a level 59 Arc.

DeletedUser

Edit: 0.1% might have been a reasonable option if the GB was released like that, but people will be infuriated if their +80% drops to +36% for a level 59 Arc.

Furious for getting a free ride for a while? I think they can honestly consider themselves lucky that Inno has been sleeping on this one.

Plus, I just checked Houndsmoor, and I can count on one hand the number of players with an Arc above level 40. So, consider the mess it will become when more and more players get their Arcs above level 40.

One player went from a level 9 Arc to level 37 in a couple of weeks. That's is ludricous. And bringing it down to 0.5% per level wouldn't be enough to prevent that.

DeletedUser

I fail to see how it is an unfair advantage as anyone can do the same

Yes. Everyone should. Let's swap FPs for free. Might as well make it legal to create multiple accounts to get free FPs, what's the difference?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yes. Everyone should. Let's swap FPs for free. Might as well make it legal to create multiple accounts to get free FPs, what's the difference?

This is the point I don't get, the reason all that is bannable offences is because of the unfair advantage it would bring, yet anyone with a high level arc is at a unfair advantage in game because they can spam out FP and gets infinite medals/blueprints while not losing or even gaining FP in the process?

they don't even have to play the game anymore, they could get more rewards just by buffing everyone elses GB's to their max level's.

The whole Concept of the Arc GB seems like something that should never have made it in game, and has caused massive imbalances to anyone with it.

Edit: maybe nerf it to 0.2%, but I agree, a 0.1% nerf would be welcome!

DeletedUser653

Reckstars is 100% right, I am sure 50% of the players building an ARC intend to use it exactly as you suggested, i have been going full speed to get mine up to at least L30 and may=be higher to do just what you are describing.
I think the problem is the continued climb towards 100% increase, already seeing players with a high ARC wining more top places, so perhaps it does need a nerf to make the ARC not such a massive game changer.
fine tuning Goremise suggetion for +2%, i would suggest
L1-L10 10-31% as now
L11-L50 +0.3% per level
L51 plus +0.2%
now will need a L85 to get 50% and L335 for 100%

DeletedUser

So far, more positive answers than negative. I'm surprised. I thought I would get a rain of insults for making this public. I hope the new game designers will read this thread.

DeletedUser

Furious for getting a free ride for a while? I think they can honestly consider themselves lucky that Inno has been sleeping on this one.

Furious for spending diamonds buying blueprints for the GB and/or spending huge #s of FPs & goods getting their Arc to the point where it becomes so beneficial.

One player went from a level 9 Arc to level 37 in a couple of weeks. That's is ludricous. And bringing it down to 0.5% per level wouldn't be enough to prevent that.

Sorry, but
1) Why should that be ludicrous? Maybe he spent 100,000 goods as incentives to get people to contribute
2) What makes you think players would have identical behavior if the incentive to level it was half as great?

DeletedUser

Furious for spending diamonds buying blueprints for the GB and/or spending huge #s of FPs & goods getting their Arc to the point where it becomes so beneficial.

Not because a few are already abusing, means that it's ok to leave it like that. You don't seem to understand how it allows them to get free FPs. I explained it in a few different ways. If you think getting free FPs is ok, why are you not asking to allow us to create multiple fake accounts so we can boost our main account with their FPs? Same thing.

Sorry, but
1) Why should that be ludicrous? Maybe he spent 100,000 goods as incentives to get people to contribute
2) What makes you think players would have identical behavior if the incentive to level it was half as great?

1) No he didn't. And you think raising 30 levels in 2 weeks is ok? If that's not ludicrous, nothing is.
2) Cuz it's in my world and I can see what they are doing and more and more are doing the same.

Again, I cannot be more clear = Free FPs, by the THOUSANDS. You would need to create 100 fake accounts to get the same amount of free FPs they are getting, EVERY DAY.

DeletedUser12146

Nobody gets free FP without a work! To start earning your "free FP" you should level your arc, which is hard. And when you have a high lvl you must look over your neighbors, guildies and friends, to find such a GB to invest and earn! So it is not free if you put a lot a work into it.

Then we should nerf all GB, like Alcatraz, so you get 1 troop on every 10th of level... Yeaaa.

Some 1 said L335 for 100% bonus Arc... Are you serious? That is 2.965.022FP! And you think people who put that kind of FP into GB don't deserve 1%/lvl/bonus ??

-1 to the idea. I would rather vote up on idea that one lvl is 1%, not like now, when you get 0,5% after lvl60 i think...

DeletedUser106685

Every once in a while, a GB comes along that changes the way we play the game.
Best example: Alcatraz. This GB was total game changer.
But instead of complaining that it's not fair towards the players without an Alcatraz, it simply becomes a must-have GB.
Can you even imagine playing the game without it now? I surely can't.

You can say the same applies to The Arc.
It changes the whole game of FP swaps and GB donations.
It will be nearly impossible for Arc-less players to get their hands on cheap blueprints that they need, because Arc players can donate a lot more to break even on the same GB reward. And with smart deals and swaps you can skyrocket your own GBs in only a few weeks time.
If you can't beat them, join them, I'd say.

I wouldn't mind if it will be made less powerful, but even then it will have a lasting effect on the game.
So better just get on board and build the thing :)

DeletedUser

I agree that we should all do the same, and that's what I'm doing as well, while the game designers let the devs work on making Bronze Age buildings pretty.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
this is a terrible idea
the arc already has 2 nerfs at certain levels, and the second nerf is already making it worthless after certain levels. and if another nerf is implemented, then you think people would have spent so much effort to work on it? the arc needs better balance maybe, but quite oposite to what you are suggesting. 0.1% is ridiculous. if you cant compete, then stop whining. seems whining became typical behavior for some people on these forums and this game

DeletedUser12146

No nerf is needed!
They should also removed ones that are currently implemented...

DeletedUser97688

Could someone give me an overview of the current nerfs on the Arc? Thanks