• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Arc is too powerful

DeletedUser100832

Hold on. Let me get this straight. The guy who made this thread has 100 SoKs? And he's complaining about imbalance?

:lol:

correct. And many more people who admit the Arc is too powerful themselves have high-level arcs.

The point is that we can see beyond our own self-interest and understand what is good for the game as a whole. And I do not think the Arc is good for the game as a whole. Neither are shrines for that matter, but at least there you could make the excuse that for the game to sustain itself financially you have to give people who spend diamonds some sort of an advantage (because you can't have 100 shrines without diamonds). With the Arc, no such case can be made.

If tom thumb with 10 shrines and 0 bazaars could get lvl80 arc by now, you can have one too and stop this barrage of noobcrap. People hate to admit problems with themselves.Realize it. It is OK and you make mistakes. Learn and improve.

all of us (on this thread) already have it at a decent level. That's where your strawman argument breaks down. The speed with which we get to level 80 depends on how bothered we are to do that in the quickest time possible, but we will get there - because most if not all of us are long-time players in guilds full of other long-time players. The question is, whether it is good for the game. I do not think it is good for the game, as it makes the people already at the top even more un-catcheable by those not at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Did u read the fact that tom thumb has already arc lvl80 and he never bought diamonds? Do you read other people posts before writing yours? If he can do it without diamonds, you can do it too.

Also, for the first 2 years of this game, I spent $100. I was holding top1 position for more than 50% of that time. It is how you play not about money.

Hehe...sadly is it you not me who didnt read or think before writing. I also have been no.1 on a world with no diamonds spent...just plenty of battles fought, so I do know what I am talking about. But that was before the GB points fiasco of course. Take a look at 99.9% of the players in the top5 of each world and tell me again about your whole diamonds argument and GB levelling. And yes, sorry to break it to you but your friend Tom Thumb really does use diamonds (and certainly did to break through those earlier levels of Arc - read my post again). Take a look at some of his other cities in the other worlds to see lots of those diamond encrusted buildings. Sorry to break it you but some people dont like to admit the use of diamonds....it's human nature.

The Tominator

Sergeant
Hehe...sadly is it you not me who didnt read or think before writing. I also have been no.1 on a world with no diamonds spent...just plenty of battles fought, so I do know what I am talking about. But that was before the GB points fiasco of course. Take a look at 99.9% of the players in the top5 of each world and tell me again about your whole diamonds argument and GB levelling. And yes, sorry to break it to you but your friend Tom Thumb really does use diamonds (and certainly did to break through those earlier levels of Arc - read my post again). Take a look at some of his other cities in the other worlds to see lots of those diamond encrusted buildings. Sorry to break it you but some people dont like to admit the use of diamonds....it's human nature.

I am tom thumb and no I don't buy diamonds.....however I do have 13 diamond farms but still that wouldn't be enough to lvl an arc to lvl80 in 70 days
its about how u play the game, nothing to do with money....u will work it out 1 day im sure ..if nothing else u might just make a good forum writer ..and atleast u will achieve something

DeletedUser9614

Unfortunately, it does not seems like you know what you are talking about. It does not take a lot to be a battle repeater. You still do not get my point that you can be competitive with diamonds or without. It takes more effort but it is more than possible, so stop whining here. The example is the post just above me. GB ranking has been one of the good things that happened to this server because it stopped pointless battlerepaters who had too much time to waste for brainless activity.

Find a guild and more experienced leaders who can teach you how to play this game. Sometimes it is worth to ask.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Really all this thread is doing is making people want to build their Arc while it's still stupidly OP and breaking the game powerful. A nerf is going to happen no matter how much these people don't want it because they love abusing the system and want things handed to them without effort.

Making GB's easier to build early on and harder to build later IS NEEDED.

the rewards scale so badly, the higher the level it starts to just get so insane, that since the Arc is percentage increased, scales so massively it is stupid.

The best nerf to it? making it give a base level of extra rewards, instead of a percentage. (not going to happen I know, but that'd be funny) Otherwise def nerf how much it increases a level, or put a cap on the GB before it gets out of hand.

"when" it does get nerfed, Gonna be interesting seeing the minor few people complain while the rest of everyone agree that it should have been nerfed. :)

DeletedUser6974

this game is no different than any other game.
the more time you put into it the more you get out of it.
maybe we need a poll to understand why others are complaining;
How many hours should a player have to spend in FOE each day to get a well built city full of high level Great Buildings?
A) less than 1 hour daily
B) at least 1 hour but less than 2 hours
C) 2 to 4 hours daily
D) more than 4 hours daily but less than 6 hours.
E) 6 hours minimum.

and i can tell you right now that the players that i know that have the highest level GB's are exceeding the E category by hours and hours every day so unless you want to spend at least and even more than 6 hours a day don't complain that your GB's are not leveled up as high as others and stop telling the game developers that they need to make it an easier game.
If you put the same amount of time and work into the game as the others do, your city and GB's would be at the same place right now.

The Tominator

Sergeant
I tend to agree with the original post that the Arc is too powerful and is going to make the game a bit ridiculous in 6 months time or so for most people. I completely understand Recksters point and really don't know why people on this thread are trying to over-analyse the maths and beat him up for it. Even with my relatively low level Arc (16) I can easily out-compete most people on other GBs at the last minute and get "free" prizes on them (ie get more FPS back than i spent)...above and beyond what others could achieve.

It is part of a bigger problem with FOE that the big $ diamond spenders (glad to see so many on this thread !) have a huge advantage over the rest of us. It is great that Inno have finally fixed the ridiculous points for high level GBs fiasco but they should not allow the game to develop where those spending thousands of $ can gain silly advantages over the "normal" players. In all honesty there should be a seperate game setup for the diamond league players to compete with one another and another for the rest....but that is another thread so I wont expand on that...

Also...we all know that you cannot even start to get those high Arc levels without spending a ton of diamonds to open up all the initial levels. My Arc is "only" on level 16 and that is with a lot of dedication, goods trading and contributions to others Arcs for BPs etc....and a lot of time spent playing the game. Getting that last BP by chance for those levels between 10-25 for instance cannot happen in the timeframe that these guys are seeing their levels increased...but everyone knows that and I am not blaming them for spending money on it, as they are entitled to do what they want within the rules of the game. The problem is Innos in allowing it to happen...but they are making money on it so I know it wont change...

haha poor devs ...what can you do....when u did nerf our gbs there was mass uproar , and now they want you to nerf them ..there is no pleasing some people

DeletedUser

It's not the arc that needs to be nerfed. It's the rewards at higher levels for GBs.

DeletedUser6974

It's not the arc that needs to be nerfed. It's the rewards at higher levels for GBs.
so why nerf them??
if everybody put time and work into it they would have the same high level GB's.
Nothing is stopping anyone from achieving the same thing as anybody else.
The ones complaining want a million dollar city but only want to put in 10 dollars worth of work.
how does it make any sense to say that high level GB's are too powerful when everybody could have the same high level GB's if they spend the time and effort to get them there too?

Nothing is holding anybody back except lack of effort.

If you were designing a new game wouldn't you want to make the rewards higher as a player puts more effort into it to encourage players to spend more time at their game site and to reward those that put in more effort???

How many here have played Inno's game Grepolis?
Same thing there too, the more time you spend at the game the more progress you make and the more your city grows and the more you can defend your city.
The bad thing about Grep is you can loose your entire city if you are away from your game since you miss those nasty flashing red swords of an incoming attack and the next time you login you are sitting on the rim with a brand new city to start all over again.
Do players complain the game is too hard since they just lost everything they had been working on for several months?
At least with FOE you will never loose your city. What if it was the same as Grep and all your GB's and city buildings could be taken away from you by the attacking player and you get a brand new stone age hut to start all over again the next time you log in?

So back to the FOE GB's... in other words those that don't like the high level GB's are really saying...
"i don't like the high level GB's because it takes too much time and effort to get there so since it takes too much work the game needs to be changed to make it easier and make it less rewarding for those that really work hard at it."
brilliant! absolutely brilliant!

DeletedUser100832

basically, yeah

I think I now understand how to do this

(i) Every GB should have the same reward pattern.

-1st reward should be 25% of the total it takes to level up.
-2nd reward should be 12.5% of the total it takes to level up.
-3rd reward should be 6.25% of the total it takes to level up.
-4th reward should be 3.125% of the total it takes to level up.
-5th reward should be 1.5625% of the total it takes to level up.

all of course rounded up to the nearest 5fp for convenience. All the other rewards (bp, medals) stay the same.

(ii) With the GB's already levelled to a high level, the difference between the old and new rewards is calculated and the level of the GB adjusted accordingly. So if I have a GB of level 50 that took 30000fp to level, and my contributors would have received 10000 in rewards under the old system and 5000 under the new, my level gets adjusted to what it would have been had I only put in 25000fp, so probably level 44 or 45.

(iii) People who already levelled their Arc to level 80 (which will now become level somewhat less than 80) get a honorary decoration designed just for them, a dollar sign on top of a tin of Spam with the mouseover caption saying 'I levelled my GB to level X before the change'.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
You (you know who you are) have always complained and whined about my level 100 Alcatraz because it was almost impossible to raise a GB to level 100 without a lot effort. You kept saying that raising a GB to level 100 was too easy even before the Arc, and yet you never achieved that, so you just kept complaining. Now, finally everyone gets a chance to raise a GB to level 100 with a lot less effort than what it was needed before the Arc. So, you are all getting a chance to get something worth a fortune for cheap. And now you whine about that too. Dont you think that its actually me who should whine and not you , because now people can get their GBs to my levels easily, after i spent efforts to raise them on the hard way without the Arc boost? But no, i wont complain, the game is changing, and im adapting to it. I let the whining to remain a privilege to the whiners, i cant compete there even if i try hard :)
FINAL CONCLUSION: Whiners will remain whiners, they will never be happy, so keep it going, be a winner in whining, the world would not be the same without whiners. And even if there is a change and your wishes are fulfilled, dont worry, you will always find another thing to whine about.

DeletedUser15501

I think both sides here make good points. It's true that GB's are too easy to level up between level 25 and 60 and that that is what creates an imbalance in the game especially with the Arc. I don't think anything should be done about it now though because too many people have already taken advantage of this. Everyone who wants to compete should make sure to have a few players with lvl 40+ Arcs in their guild, hood or friend list and focus 100% on leveling their own Arcs first. It's the only way to fix the imbalance yourself. After lvl 60 it becomes harder again to level GB's further so from that point on things are okay again.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
You (you know who you are) have always complained and whined about my level 100 Alcatraz because it was almost impossible to raise a GB to level 100 without a lot effort. You kept saying that raising a GB to level 100 was too easy even before the Arc, and yet you never achieved that, so you just kept complaining. Now, finally everyone gets a chance to raise a GB to level 100 with a lot less effort than what it was needed before the Arc. So, you are all getting a chance to get something worth a fortune for cheap. And now you whine about that too. Dont you think that its actually me who should whine and not you , because now people can get their GBs to my levels easily, after i spent efforts to raise them on the hard way without the Arc boost? But no, i wont complain, the game is changing, and im adapting to it. I let the whining to remain a privilege to the whiners, i cant compete there even if i try hard :)
FINAL CONCLUSION: Whiners will remain whiners, they will never be happy, so keep it going, be a winner in whining, the world would not be the same without whiners. And even if there is a change and your wishes are fulfilled, dont worry, you will always find another thing to whine about.
absolutely right.....it was a pain in the butt to get gbs to high lvl. just for example b4 arc was released it took me almost a week or more to do one level of traz from lvl 20 to 30. now i have 3 friends with a lvl 75,64 and 55 arc. with their help i manged to do one level every 2-3 days from level 30 to 40.

DeletedUser100832

correct, and that is the problem

it's too easy now to level GB's at high levels (beyond say 20-25)

arguably, as addonexus says, it was always too easy, because if you an FE player and are prepared to spend time to spam hundreds of people offering goods for fp, you will get fp lavished on you. But now, you don't _even_ have to do that.

a numerical example from the Great Griefental Scam

total number of fp to level: 5600 (gb of player #1)

player #2 gives 1400
player #3 gives 1400
player #4 gives 1400

together they make it impossible to be caught. They all have level 80 arcs, so they make a profit of 400fp for doing absolutely nothing. It's not a question of who is right and wrong, it's a question of the numbers showing that the whole thing allows you to get forge points for free. You might as well have a big button that says FREE FP on it.

DeletedUser106685

It's hard work to get the Arc up to level 80. Especially as quickly as those guys.
Once you're there, you deserve to turn some profit with the thing.
Why else would you get it up so high..? That's the whole point!

Again, if you envy their endless possibilities to turn a nice profit in other peoples' GBs, just do the same.
Build an Arc and get it up there. Nothing is stopping you.

DeletedUser96745

It's hard work to get the Arc up to level 80. Especially as quickly as those guys.

Again, if you envy their endless possibilities to turn a nice profit in other peoples' GBs, just do the same.

That will happen to many players, just a question of time. Imagine that in a couple years?

BTW: my Arc on H, 45 level 2007/2360 has third place available, returning 120FPs and 6BPs and 4476 medals :)

DeletedUser16126

If you turn an arc to level 80 in a few months, then I wouldn't call it hard work. Many people work harder to get an arc to level 15 than those guys have to do to bring it to level 80.

Once you are above 40, you can just snap away all good rewards from any high level GB and just make profit. While others have a hard time getting a decent amount of BP's to bring their GB one level higher.
While the problem with the high level GB's was just a problem in ranking points, this is even worse. This will just screw up the game for the benefit of a few hundred players.
And Yes, It's not because I'm "pushing" my arc myself that I cannot be against the effect of it. I would prefer a game that everyone could play, no matter where they are in the techtree. I bet that everyone who is against this is not caring about players that currently are in lower ages. And you have to admit, for those people it will just get a lot harder to catch up a little.

It's hard work above level 60??? It's the same as below 60... The boost is not decreasing... So you still make profit investing on others GB's. But maybe you have to contribute to a few more ... or even worse... Maybe you'll have to invest a little of the FP profit you are making in your own GB to keep it going.
And you will be able to level your arc only every second day instead of every day. Yes I agree ... that's hard work...

DeletedUser106685

I agree that this GB is changing the game. Maybe too much.
I wouldn't mind if they bring the rewards down. Or remove them altogether.
I don't care, I'll just adjust my game strategy.
But as it is now, it's a must-have GB, so I'm also on board, trying to get that thing up there as soon as I can.
If you don't, you'll be at a severe disadvantage.

DeletedUser

I would prefer a game that everyone could play, no matter where they are in the techtree.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what stops players in the Colonial Age from building The Arc?

DeletedUser

it dont u can build any as long as u have the goods and full set of bp's