• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Arc is too powerful

DeletedUser100832

yes, a bit more equality between the haves and have-nots would be good for this game

otherwise, what's the point for anybody outside the top 100 to play?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

HEY YOU THIEVES! ;-)

You are stealing my thread! Go find another one to bash on each other. :-P

Anyone with an advantage will be against nerfing that advantage, it's normal. My idea is to nerf it before it becomes a much larger problem. It already is, not affecting a large portion of members yet, but it's getting worst everyday.

Can Inno reply, for once, so we can stop the out of context bashing?

DeletedUser16026

Kind reminder - if you cannot stay on topic, we have a forum for discussions as well as a forum for off topic banter. If you cannot be respectful of others, come back later when you can be. Thank you. :)

DeletedUser100832

HEY YOU THIEVES! ;-)

You are stealing my thread! Go find another one to bash on each other. :-P

Anyone with an advantage will be against nerfing that advantage, it's normal. My idea is to nerf it before it becomes a much larger problem. It already is, not affecting a large portion of members yet, but it's getting worst everyday.

Can Inno reply, for once, so we can stop the out of context bashing?

the problem isn't just the arc, it's the rewards in gb's between levels 25 and 55, esp. higher age ones. These need to be reduced significantly. But then the question is, what do you do with people who levelled those gb's with the current rewards?

DeletedUser9614

If developers listened to some whining here we would have a system that:
- All players get 10 FPs a day no more or no less
- All players can build 2 houses
- All players can have 10 units
- Nothing else is allowed because it offers unfair advantage
Because the game is unfair everybody must get the same of everything otherwise we might hurt somebody feelings.

Stop whining and join an experienced guild where u learn how to play this game and how you can adapt. Otherwise be a noob and suffer.

DeletedUser

Also, another point on how the game will be destroyed by the Arc:

When a guild has very high level Arcs, then they can level other GBs like nuts, for free.

But Developpers are keeping quiet.

DeletedUser9614

"When a guild has very high level Arcs, then they can level other GBs like nuts, for free."

No they cannot -- before spreading false beliefs grab some excel sheet and do some math. The growth of total FPs is exponential with factor of 1.025 for arc. The growth of rewards is linear, and you can figure it out too. Even thought there is a regional dip in the cost where the linear rate exceeds the exponential rate when augmented by arc, the cost never goes to negative number for any GB. The exponential growth takes eventually over.

DeletedUser6974

this whole post by the whiners is typical of the way the world is now. Everybody wants everything for doing nothing because they just want to sit back and have everything handed to them.
If you want a powerful Arc then do something for it.
Powerful Arcs are not from a strong guild, its from players doing work for it.
The highest point Arc's are owned by players in my guild, spending hours and hours, day after day, week after week of selling goods for FP's so their Arc can grow, working with others to get their Arc's leveled up.
I watch every day while they are working at it, staying up late, getting up before the sun is up, logging on while they are at lunch. Even logging on when they have only a few minutes while going to med school.
This goes for any high level GB. Have a GB Club in your guild, even just 10 players working together makes a huge difference.
If you want to have a high level GB work for it, instead all we have to listen to is the game developers make it too hard!...waaa waaa waaa.

DeletedUser

Anyone with an advantage will be against nerfing that advantage, it's normal.

While you were busy posting in this thread, I got my Arc from level 6 to 8. So no, I am not benefiting from the +1% per level. I just don't agree with it.

DeletedUser6974

Also, another point on how the game will be destroyed by the Arc:

When a guild has very high level Arcs, then they can level other GBs like nuts, for free.

But Developpers are keeping quiet.

Recksters,
Organize a GB Club in your guild.
if you have just 10 players, add 10 FP's per day to the first players GB for 3 days.
Guess what? in just 3 days that players GB grew by 300 FP's!
Then on to the next players GB.
poof! ... another 300 FP's after 3 days.
Once all 10 players are done start the club all over again.
in theory it will take 30 days to complete the round with 10 players but players are anxious to see their GB's grow so many times players will add more than the 10 minimum and the round is finished ahead of schedule and the next round gets going again.

DeletedUser100832

Recksters,
Organize a GB Club in your guild.
if you have just 10 players, add 10 FP's per day to the first players GB for 3 days.
Guess what? in just 3 days that players GB grew by 300 FP's!
Then on to the next players GB.
poof! ... another 300 FP's after 3 days.
Once all 10 players are done start the club all over again.
in theory it will take 30 days to complete the round with 10 players but players are anxious to see their GB's grow so many times players will add more than the 10 minimum and the round is finished ahead of schedule and the next round gets going again.

recksters is in my hood, he's an FE player with nearly a hundred shrines, so I think he might have heard about GB clubs.

but it takes 1000+ fp to level an arc from level 29 to 30

now do your math, how many years would it take for players just doing that to level their 10 arcs to even level 20? If they add 300 a day?

conversely, I have a level 29 arc. I just need to add 200fp for the #1 in my guild to be able to 'snipe' it at a profit. Then the 3rd placed guy with the level 26 arc snipes 2nd at a small loss and the neighbours looking for bp take care of the rest. There, done, 200fp and another level. And as we all level, it will get easier and easier.

the argument that recksters makes is purely numerical, and the numbers don't lie: if you have a guy with level 40 arc in your guild you are in easy street, if you don't, you have a big problem. You can argue against numbers till you are blue in the face, but all I can say is that it's a shame that facts get in the way of a good rant.

The real problem is how rewards for gb's are organised. Levelling them is bloody hard in the beginning and dead easy after level 20-25. This needs to be changed, it should be easy in the beginning and harder at higher levels.

this whole post by the whiners is typical of the way the world is now. Everybody wants everything for doing nothing because they just want to sit back and have everything handed to them.

agreed. The whiners being the rich and the powerful who want to sit around doing nothing profiting off the wealth that others create for them.

DeletedUser9614

Why u all stop whining and accept The Arc is a fair GB that can be used to punish noobs and if you are all so pro, you can get it too. I just do not see a problem? The design of it is great that forms initial barrier that you need to break to receive easier time leveling. This is really sharp.

This is a beauty of this GB that separates good players from expert players. The first step that you need is to acknowledge that there is a problem with your game style not statistics of The Arc. As you learn, all the problems are solved.

The argument is simple, if you cannot keep up in your guild:
1) Learn how to keep up and compete
2) Downgrade guild according to your abilities where you can complete
3) Find a new guild where u can train and learn how to compete

If tom thumb with 10 shrines and 0 bazaars could get lvl80 arc by now, you can have one too and stop this barrage of noobcrap. People hate to admit problems with themselves.Realize it. It is OK and you make mistakes. Learn and improve.

DeletedUser

I tend to agree with the original post that the Arc is too powerful and is going to make the game a bit ridiculous in 6 months time or so for most people. I completely understand Recksters point and really don't know why people on this thread are trying to over-analyse the maths and beat him up for it. Even with my relatively low level Arc (16) I can easily out-compete most people on other GBs at the last minute and get "free" prizes on them (ie get more FPS back than i spent)...above and beyond what others could achieve.

It is part of a bigger problem with FOE that the big $ diamond spenders (glad to see so many on this thread !) have a huge advantage over the rest of us. It is great that Inno have finally fixed the ridiculous points for high level GBs fiasco but they should not allow the game to develop where those spending thousands of $ can gain silly advantages over the "normal" players. In all honesty there should be a seperate game setup for the diamond league players to compete with one another and another for the rest....but that is another thread so I wont expand on that...

Also...we all know that you cannot even start to get those high Arc levels without spending a ton of diamonds to open up all the initial levels. My Arc is "only" on level 16 and that is with a lot of dedication, goods trading and contributions to others Arcs for BPs etc....and a lot of time spent playing the game. Getting that last BP by chance for those levels between 10-25 for instance cannot happen in the timeframe that these guys are seeing their levels increased...but everyone knows that and I am not blaming them for spending money on it, as they are entitled to do what they want within the rules of the game. The problem is Innos in allowing it to happen...but they are making money on it so I know it wont change...

DeletedUser9614

Did u read the fact that tom thumb has already arc lvl80 and he never bought diamonds? Do you read other people posts before writing yours? If he can do it without diamonds, you can do it too.

Also, for the first 2 years of this game, I spent $100. I was holding top1 position for more than 50% of that time. It is how you play not about money.

The Tominator

Sergeant
isn't it amazing how so many ignorant people jump to the conclusion if u have a great city or a high lvl gbs then u must be a diamond buyer
all I see is sour grapes time after time on this forum...wake up peeps play the game think about what u can do to improve your game and stop blaming other people because you're so bad at it.

DeletedUser

my final thoughts in this topic

you dont need to buy diamonds to level any gb's all it takes is either self leveling or fp swops with other players or both have not spent a penny to get diamonds but yet my gb's seem to be at a good level.

let the ranting carry on

DeletedUser15432

I say that the arc in its current form is good for the game, it encourages people to invest in leveling GB's and gives them an incentive to try for the better places, therefore a -1 score for this idea