• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Team Feedback! part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser96995

Jeez !!!!! Talk about a bloody minded witch hunt.... FYI as far as I know the Hood Change for Salior was done by the CM (now departed thankfully) before Salior even knew about it. Also afaik the "manual" hood change is NOT a case of looking for a "nice" hood to put someone in but a case of pressing the button and the NORMAL RANDOM hood change is effected for the player concerned. Yet again afaik once the hood change is effected, its not possible to put the player back where they were before the button was pressed so even had Salior objected there would have been little or nothing that could have been done to reverse the process

Conducting a witch hunt on this scale is not only ridiculous but petty and small minded at best. NONE of you know the background of this except (possibly) mydlana and Salior herself. The blame for this situation has already been laid at the door of the last CM and she has now gone which is IMHO a GOOD THING. DarkStar has already said that this cannot happen again so lets take him at his word and move on.

Sorry for going back to this...first of all the manual hood change happens on players request . usually when, for example iron age guys are placed by accident in the PE hood.
Or, as in this case, the same age player is plundered by the same age player. And, when sent a ticket, usually mods respond with - improve your defence and collect on time. Didn't happen this time as the plundered party was a senior mod and she moaned and whinged and eventually got herself moved.
Then...secondly ..IT IS possible to move somebody back to the hood they were in.
So yes...salior requested a hood change. Shouldn't have. And shouldn't have been granted that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108379

Did she ask for the hood change? Or did the CM done it in the hope to get a more peaceful chat on the world the two of you were playing on? And fighting in the global chat?
For all we know, she did not profit from the change because in the first one she was plundered by you and afterwards by two players, nothing gained.
The only thing that really happened is, that you are not longer able to rile her. And I think, that is what makes you so angry about the hood change.
BTW was not that you were plundering her against the rules of your guild? and was there not done a favor to you as you were not kicked from your guild (as probably other players were kicked who did not abide the rules? In having someone acting in favor, you get more than her in my eyes.

(I do not know anything what has happened beside what was written in this thread)

DeletedUser96995

Did she ask for the hood change? Or did the CM done it in the hope to get a more peaceful chat on the world the two of you were playing on? And fighting in the global chat?
For all we know, she did not profit from the change because in the first one she was plundered by you and afterwards by two players, nothing gained.
The only thing that really happened is, that you are not longer able to rile her. And I think, that is what makes you so angry about the hood change.
BTW was not that you were plundering her against the rules of your guild? and was there not done a favor to you as you were not kicked from your guild (as probably other players were kicked who did not abide the rules? In having someone acting in favor, you get more than her in my eyes.

(I do not know anything what has happened beside what was written in this thread)
You move from a hood you are plundered in to another hood you are plundered in. Makes no difference. Unless it's whom you are plundered by lol.
And why would the CM make a hood change unless it's been requested? Do you assume the CM checks the logs of her teams world's to see how they could help them?

And...things didn't get public until recently. So it was not the CM trying to stop the global, as you called it, fighting. I never, until today actually, spoke about it on global. And only, because of sals appeals to get her reinstated, people started asking questions why she had been fired. And somebody said because of me. So I explained that it's because she abused her status as a mod for personal gains

Btw....you sound like someone who knows a lot more than from the posts here. Just saying

And let's put this into perspective. The plundered party like to boast about how she never gets plundered. Because always collects on time. And how she keeps a record of her hoodies and who produces what and what is the best time to go back and plunder them.
And of course, as a mod, when getting tickets about being plundered, sent replies about defences and collections .
Double standards???? Plunder but doesn't like to be plundered? Tells other people to get on with it, but herself doesn't like to be plundered?

DeletedUser108379

I suppose most plunderers to not like to be plundered. There is no rule that a plunderer has to like to be plundered. And be fair, she had every right to expect not to be plundered by you, because of the rules of guilds, you too are in. So there is an element of unfairness involved in your plundering her because of that.

And you did not tell anything about until today?
...only thing missing is I never told anyone about what you did. I was hinting on global...
(bold by me)

That post of you is not from today, you were hinting here since the beginning of this thread, so much earlier than today, and according to your post hinting on global even before this thread. And - done with skill, which you have - hinting can be very mighty, much more so than blunt telling, because people tend to imagine in those cases the worst.

And why would the CM make a hood change unless it's been requested?
So when stating Salior asked for a move you are just jumping to conclusions. Probably she said she hoped for a move, why should she not? Nothing against the rules in that. Well I do not know whether she asked or not, but apparently neither do you. Do you know for sure, that not the founders of your guilds asked for the move? Having a guild member permanently breaking a rule makes the task to ensure other guildies behaving according to the rule much more difficult.

I have the feeling that this incident, whatever happened exactly, and what is written about it in this thread are disproportional.

DeletedUser

and the witch hunt goes ON and ON and ON ad infinitum :( for crying out loud the thing is over and done with now can we please drop it and move onto something else ??

DeletedUser96995

I suppose most plunderers to not like to be plundered. There is no rule that a plunderer has to like to be plundered. And be fair, she had every right to expect not to be plundered by you, because of the rules of guilds, you too are in. So there is an element of unfairness involved in your plundering her because of that.

And you did not tell anything about until today?

(bold by me)

That post of you is not from today, you were hinting here since the beginning of this thread, so much earlier than today, and according to your post hinting on global even before this thread. And - done with skill, which you have - hinting can be very mighty, much more so than blunt telling, because people tend to imagine in those cases the worst.

So when stating Salior asked for a move you are just jumping to conclusions. Probably she said she hoped for a move, why should she not? Nothing against the rules in that. Well I do not know whether she asked or not, but apparently neither do you. Do you know for sure, that not the founders of your guilds asked for the move? Having a guild member permanently breaking a rule makes the task to ensure other guildies are behaving according to the rule much more difficult.

The CM wouldn't do a manual hood move if somebody was only hoping to be moved. Why would they?

and the witch hunt goes ON and ON and ON ad infinitum :( for crying out loud the thing is over and done with now can we please drop it and move onto something else ??

And I agree

DeletedUser108405

You're actually coming across quite poorly now, mydlana. Perhaps you should do yourself a favour and drop it as suggested, or request that your forum ban be expedited if you're unable to.

DeletedUser276

Speaking to a lot of players is there a possibility to have in and out box in the messages box?

Yeah it is easily codible. Devs may have an existing idea for mail in the future so may not happen or they may be concentrating on bugs first. Post it in ideas though as you never know.

As for hood moves the policy is ONLY people who by error find themselves in a hood merge of 1 can request a move. Any action outside that reason is not allowed and the action is recorded by the system for review by head office admins. Each time I or another did the action we had to show why. As I said before all cm and ccm actions are watched and reviewed in weekly reviews

DeletedUser

As for hood moves the policy is ONLY people who by error find themselves in a hood merge of 1 can request a move.

This used to be the case Remorce but it was changed some time ago. The CM/CCM's still have the power to move people (Senior Mods don't) on an ad hoc basis as they see fit (without reference to the player concerned I think) when it's obvious that the hood change mechanism has failed to equalise hood properly.

DeletedUser108405

The CM/CCM's still have the power to move people (Senior Mods don't)

Senior mods do have this ability, but only in certain circumstances. Unless this has been changed under recent administration.

DeletedUser276

As I said I know the policy when the tools came out. It may have changed, if seniors can do it then it makes the cm's job harder as I set aside tuesdays to review all tools history to ensure that mods followed current policy. Many a mod on wed or thurs got a chat from me asking why this or that was done.

DeletedUser96995

And Rem....a question...as you reappeared out of nowhere yesterday. Have you been, or are hoping to be, appointed a new CM? Suddenly you have become very active here.

The CM who fired you is gone. Are u going for the job? Yes or no?

DeletedUser99692

As I said I know the policy when the tools came out. It may have changed, if seniors can do it then it makes the cm's job harder as I set aside tuesdays to review all tools history to ensure that mods followed current policy. Many a mod on wed or thurs got a chat from me asking why this or that was done.

It might be simpler if we all knew "the policy" on this type of move and a few other things like name changes and all the other Miracles that we expect Mods to bring to past. Would it be possible to post a page or 6 if necessary to let us unsuspecting plebs a small glance at what is possible and what is not. So many just don't know what you guys can and can't do. The result is we do expect too much and carp that you do nothing when there is little you can do.

My apologies right now if such a document is in existence on this forum because its not the easiest place to find things :)

DeletedUser276

And Rem....a question...as you reappeared out of nowhere yesterday. Have you been, or are hoping to be, appointed a new CM? Suddenly you have become very active here.

The CM who fired you is gone. Are u going for the job? Yes or no?

actually I quit and was not fired due to breaking my back and being under constant stress which made me overly grumpy at bad times. I left before Tracey started but offered to stick around to show her the ropes but the offer was declined as she was receiving training from someone else. I have become active because I have seen an uproar and saw help was needed. I did ask the LCM first before I posted. As for becoming cm again (while my title was ccm I was doing the cm duties) they are already considering who was the best canidate before my offer to try and explain policy here. one thing I always did was try to explain things...

It might be simpler if we all knew "the policy" on this type of move and a few other things like name changes and all the other Miracles that we expect Mods to bring to past. Would it be possible to post a page or 6 if necessary to let us unsuspecting plebs a small glance at what is possible and what is not. So many just don't know what you guys can and can't do. The result is we do expect too much and carp that you do nothing when there is little you can do.

My apologies right now if such a document is in existence on this forum because its not the easiest place to find things :)

it used to. there are lists of mod duties. as for everything a mod can do, I doubt that can be explained as that allows people to circumvent rules knowing what mods can or cannot do or see for rule breaks. If you ask specific questions I can see 'if' they can be described however I am still under a non disclosure contract in regards to company secrets and some tools. I will be on around 5pm mtn std time to explain why mods have a hard job and communication chains in regards to bugs ect.

oh sorry myd didnt see the post asking if seniors can do it themselves... short answer is yes. But there are rules in regards to mods worlds they play. igm's have no access to worlds they play in regards to tool access. seniors on some games do. when i was here i restricted access to seniors for worlds they play but thats not common practice as seniors need full access to do thier jobs in case of emergencies. However if a senior accesses a world they play its recorded by the system and under review without reasonable explanation are dismissed immediately. Cms or ccms are technically only supposed to play on a hidden staff server. I used my ingame accts to test new features and to talk to ingame players. again though that last part may have changed.

DeletedUser108405

actually I quit and was not fired due to breaking my back and being under constant stress which made me overly grumpy at bad times. I left before Tracey started but offered to stick around to show her the ropes but the offer was declined as she was receiving training from someone else. I have become active because I have seen an uproar and saw help was needed. I did ask the LCM first before I posted. As for becoming cm again (while my title was ccm I was doing the cm duties) they are already considering who was the best canidate before my offer to try and explain policy here. one thing I always did was try to explain things...

While we appreciate the thought, I'm quite confused.. why do we need a former CCM explaining policy (which is potentially outdated or no longer applicable) when we have CCMs already here to explain current policy? What help do you think is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.