• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
The Pirate post does not need a road, but of course if you played FoE you would have know this and wouldent have to just spam the forum all day long.

Do I say it needs a road? Again, how many decorations do you know that need a road?

I am really interested, on what other stuff it is better to spend your doubloons than on pirate guard posts, really trying to find out your way of thinking in this game... so what is best reward by your oppinion in this event and wich rewards are better than pirate guard posts???

You are really interested? Is that why you say I am trolling?

Funny how everybody is always saying that you should never place decorations, cause it will interfere with the motivation of say, your SoK's for instance and now they are salivating over a decoration. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser100133

Funny how everybody is always saying that you should never place decorations, cause it will interfere with the motivation of say, your SoK's for instance and now they are salivating over a decoration. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Shrine of Knowledge is classed as a Residential Building, not a decoration, as you gain population from them and they need to be connected to a road, also can be won in this event as a whole or you can gain fragments from the wheel as a prize. But Cursedveggie comment is quite interesting, how many of you have gone for more Ship Upgrades and have you manage to get the ship you wanted?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Do I say it needs a road? Again, how many decorations do you know that need a road?

You are really interested? Is that why you say I am trolling?

you still didnt respond what is best reward in this event and wich rewards are better than pirate posts, about motivation part, that never was problem with me.

Agent327

Overlord
Unfortunately, Shrine of Knowledge is classed as a Residential Building, not a decoration, as you gain population from them and they need to be connected to a road, also can be won in this event as a whole or you can gain fragments from the wheel as a prize.

Did you actually read what I wrote??????

Agent327

Overlord
you still didnt respond what is best reward in this event and wich rewards are better than pirate posts, about motivation part, that never was problem with me.

Since you label me as a troll why should I? What would be the use?

Emberguard

Legend
The advice is most relevant to cities on 8 hr or less cycles. Since the alteration of aid priority a while back it’s far more likely your motivated guard post would have been a “nothing to motivate” if it wasn’t there and you’re on 24 hr timers

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It all depends on your city set-up...
If you've basically replaced most/all your SoK's with the much better evolving buildings, (ie: Yggy tree, Ships, Pagodas, Winter Spire, Colossus, etc...), then the Pirate Posts shouldn't be much of a polivate hurdle as long as you keep updating your Friends list on a regular basis.
If on the other hand, you're still playing with a field of 50-60+ SoK's, AND, have a bunch of other evolving buildings to boot, then the Pirate Posts are garbage since they'll eat up polivates you need to be going to those other buildings.

Also, if you already have an insane atk% boost such as 500% or higher, adding even another 5 or 6 Pirate Posts to that will produce almost negligible effect...
Better to spend the doubloons on say a second Crow's Nest and/or more Ship upgrades to gain multiple boosts vs. 1 boost you won't even notice.

If anything, it would help balance out the Outposts to just remove the ability to polivate them altogether.
Change them to an 'All Ages' deco instead.

Boorg

Captain
If anything, it would help balance out the Outposts to just remove the ability to polivate them altogether.
Change them to an 'All Ages' deco instead.

You must be Day Dreaming, that will never happen and don’t ask me why because you already know the answer.

Agent327

Overlord
It all depends on your city set-up...
If you've basically replaced most/all your SoK's with the much better evolving buildings, (ie: Yggy tree, Ships, Pagodas, Winter Spire, Colossus, etc...), then the Pirate Posts shouldn't be much of a polivate hurdle as long as you keep updating your Friends list on a regular basis.
If on the other hand, you're still playing with a field of 50-60+ SoK's, AND, have a bunch of other evolving buildings to boot, then the Pirate Posts are garbage since they'll eat up polivates you need to be going to those other buildings.

SoK is still seen as one of the most wanted buildings. Even Inno sees it that way. Most players replace them with the much better and bigger buildings, but still have a lot of SoK's. Even with a good guild and good friends so sometimes have to rely on your neighbours. Having much decorations does not help.

It is stupid to just only look at the attack part and then just say it is great because of the number of squares it takes. There are other factors you could consider as well.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
You must be Day Dreaming, that will never happen and don’t ask me why because you already know the answer.

I was simply pointing out the obvious, despite that I know full well Inno will NEVER go back and properly balance the Outposts. ;)
(just like how they know full well the hilarious lack of balance in the Viks settlements, but they're never going to look back and properly tweek things to be balanced there...)

@Agent327: The only people who think SoK's are still relevant are those who can't do basic math. :P
Sure, maybe in what, 2012 - 2016 or so they were amazaballs... at that time, one of the best FP producers you could get, especially in the days before Arcs & Lv.Silly GB's.

But now? Yeah, the only ones who think SoK's are still great and worth going for are;
- Inno, who don't really play their own game remotely close to how most of the general community plays it!
- new players who don't know any better yet.
- people who don't understand how math works.
- lazy players.
Ever since evolving buildings came along, SoK's started becoming obsolete... Over the past year, and especially now with the Settlement prizes, SoK's are a joke!
(ie: SoK = .25 fps/square vs. Lv.10 World's Fair = .416666 fps/square)
It gets even worse when you look at the settlement prizes. (Yggy Tree = .8888888 fps/square + G.Runestone = .50fps/square )

While some of the top end fp producers are difficult to obtain, especially multiples of, (ie: Greater Runestone), a little hard work can achieve great results.

Agent327

Overlord
I was simply pointing out the obvious, despite that I know full well Inno will NEVER go back and properly balance the Outposts. ;)
(just like how they know full well the hilarious lack of balance in the Viks settlements, but they're never going to look back and properly tweek things to be balanced there...)

@Agent327: The only people who think SoK's are still relevant are those who can't do basic math. :P
Sure, maybe in what, 2012 - 2016 or so they were amazaballs... at that time, one of the best FP producers you could get, especially in the days before Arcs & Lv.Silly GB's.

But now? Yeah, the only ones who think SoK's are still great and worth going for are;
- Inno, who don't really play their own game remotely close to how most of the general community plays it!
- new players who don't know any better yet.
- people who don't understand how math works.
- lazy players.
Ever since evolving buildings came along, SoK's started becoming obsolete... Over the past year, and especially now with the Settlement prizes, SoK's are a joke!
(ie: SoK = .25 fps/square vs. Lv.10 World's Fair = .416666 fps/square)
It gets even worse when you look at the settlement prizes. (Yggy Tree = .8888888 fps/square + G.Runestone = .50fps/square )

While some of the top end fp producers are difficult to obtain, especially multiples of, (ie: Greater Runestone), a little hard work can achieve great results.

I agree with you, but let's face it. You can only get one Yggy Thing and unless you are willing to pay a lot of money also one Worlds Fair and one Crow's nest. Work on it and you can get more special buildings that produce multiple fp's, but the SoK's remain the next best thing. I am getting rid of them every time I can get another special building, but still I have a considerable number. They will disappear in time, but for now I still have enough that need to be motivated. That makes decorations still a no go.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm guessing the Wheel has prejudice against frequent spinners.

Every time I checked in the last few days (in the last 2 days, for 3 occasions, so you can say the sampling ratio is low) someone took the Golden reward with one spin (because all the rest rewards are still there untouched).

But every time I spin it, I get a palm tree or such.

I'm guessing they don't log in so often, and therefore when they do log in, the Inno tries to bribe them for them to stay. Or, against limited existing evidence, there is some trick in controlling the wheel after all.

Even though I have got a second fully upgraded ship so far, and multiple Pirate/Royal Selection Kits, I did it (in one instance) by clearing the wheel, in the early days of the event. Recently it is like the wheel is saying to me, "you've got enough, leave the good stuff for others..."

To sum up, I think the Wheel Has a Will!

(Did I win Gold with one spin before? I don't want to verify it for this argument's sake...)

DeletedUser118048

guys.. anyone else notice this or its just me having bad luck? despite the numbers on Crow;s Nest 40% chance for goods or FP.
i seem to almost never roll FP. i got 5 lvl 8 Crow Nests in my town.. and every day maybe 1 or 0 roll FP.. for example today i rolled 3 times Medals (15%)
1 time goods (40%) and 1 time FP (40%) i think inno been lying to us about the chances.. i seem to have same issue with HC ,
i would love to hear other people how their nests works and if it match the numbers of chance there. thank you

DeletedUser118048

honestly i dont know why they had to put these medals in the Crow;s nest xD