• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser100133

Ofcourse they are. The number is not.

I would love to come across an incident like that! I would aim for a lot more of the Guard Post Selection Kits as I like the size of them, can't make up my mind which to choose. The Pirate Guard Post with the 2% attack boost looks tempting. Which Guard Post would you choose and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
The Pirate Guard Post with the 2% attack boost looks tempting. Which Guard Post would you choose and why?

You really have to ask?????

The Royal Guard Post has a defence bonus that sucks! A Ritual Flame gives more in the same space, so you have to be an idiot to place one.
Trader Guard Posts gives a coins and supplies boost of max 3% , so it is a total joke.
If you have to place one it would be the Pirate Guard Post, but the 2% attack boost is a drop in the ocean, so you have to spend diamonds and place a lot of them.
To top it all, they all give happiness, like we really need that.

Bottom line, all 3 suck. You can better spend your doubloons on other stuff.

DeletedUser112017

The Royal Guard Post has a defence bonus that sucks! A Ritual Flame gives more in the same space, so you have to be an idiot to place one.
Trader Guard Posts gives a coins and supplies boost of max 3% , so it is a total joke.
If you have to place one it would be the Pirate Guard Post, but the 2% attack boost is a drop in the ocean, so you have to spend diamonds and place a lot of them.

As pirate ones require no roads, they don't suck. I do agree boost isn't huge, but the size of it isn't huge either, and with no road requirement it competes with other attack buildings out there.

DeletedUser100133

I would love to hear some more feedback on the new buildings that are offered this year Summer Event. The percentages may look tad small but hopefully will make a difference to your boost. They're a reasonable size and the Happiness does work alongside the population the Crow's Nest gives. You also mentioned there's "better stuff" that you can spend Doubloons on, it would be great if you could share a few of them with us and the reasons why they're a better reward?

Boorg

Captain
I get that Green Alien funny feeling that some people just don’t believe in anything or they are just Green with Envy !!!

Whilst some other people are never happy, have a negative attitude complaining and whining about everything.

Resulting in achieving nothing and this is what they get . . . .

upload_2019-8-16_3-43-48.png

My advice is always believe in the proof given to you, always be positive, believe in yourself and remember that nothing is impossible when you are convinced that you can always achieve your goal.

Boorg

Captain
I would love to hear some more feedback

Personally I think that all the Event Buildings offered are more suited for beginners because people who have been playing the game for a couple of years have several Great Buildings which give every boost required. Obviously Event Buildings can still be handy and useful for quick and instant boosts but in the end it all depends on the opinion of each and every individual player.

DeletedUser100133

Personally I think that all the Event Buildings offered are more suited for beginners because people who have been playing the game for a couple of years have several Great Buildings which give every boost required. Obviously Event Buildings can still be handy and useful for quick and instant boosts but in the end it all depends on the opinion of each and every individual player.

If the build that are offered as a reward on the Summer Event is good for beginners, could you think of which prizes would be good for an advanced player and why it would be a good reward for them?

As pirate ones require no roads, they don't suck. I do agree boost isn't huge, but the size of it isn't huge either, and with no road requirement it competes with other attack buildings out there.

That's is a good piece of information, is it the just the Pirate Guard Post that does not need roads or the other Guard Post as well?

DeletedUser

8 Guard Posts so far, sited 4 each of Pirate and Trader. Small but useful, mostly for the Happy but all Boosts are helpful. 2 Crows Nests sited and another in Inventory, another Ship built with number 5 in Inventory. A rewarding Event, for me at least, in that I have landed more than I expected and because I purposely slowed my progress through the Questline, will produce more rewards to be used either in City or Antiques Dealer. Having that feature added during the Event has worked out very well indeed. Loving it even though for most Posters, Incident Doubloons have seemed in short supply. I've had 9 or 10 so I'm happy and they cost nothing anyway. As Boorg said; be positive and you will achieve that goal.

Mathew, non of the Guard Posts require Roads which makes them even more useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryB

Private
I have a quest to build 1 goods building from your age. I am in Space Age Mars, which doesn't have any Goods Buildings. How can I complete this event.

DeletedUser96901

I have a quest to build 1 goods building from your age. I am in Space Age Mars, which doesn't have any Goods Buildings. How can I complete this event.
if you can't do one thing of "a or b" then simply do the other

SAM does have goods buildings, you just build them in your colony, not your main city.
omg that is almost cheating

all other players must make space in their city for the goods buildings (if they want to do it and not the or part)
and mars players can simply do it in the colony

Agent327

Overlord
all other players must make space in their city for the goods buildings (if they want to do it and not the or part)
and mars players can simply do it in the colony

You didn't know yet????

Also works for residential buildings. You just build two drop pods :)

Boorg

Captain
If the build that are offered as a reward on the Summer Event is good for beginners, could you think of which prizes would be good for an advanced player and why it would be a good reward for them?

As I said it all depends on each and every individual players’ requirements, strategy, game play and most important of all available City building space because with the increased number of Event Buildings being offered available City Building Space runs out very quickly.

Summing it all up I personally think that an advanced player would look for an Event Building which has a small footprint and which offers boosts such as Forge Points, Goods, Attack and Defence, obviously not necessarily in that order.

I don’t think that an advanced player would require boosts such as Coins, Supplies, Medals and Happiness but than again that is only my personal opinion and other players might have different views.

But I didn’t say that the Event Buildings offered (and here I am being generic and referring to all Events and not only the Summer Event) are only good for beginners, I said …

Personally I think that all the Event Buildings offered are more suited for beginners

…. which always in my opinion means that a beginner might find the buildings more useful for his requirements than an advanced player.

Than once again it all depends on each and every individual player.

DeletedUser653

Rubbish post, Pirate guard post is useful.
2% attack from 2x2 = 1% per square. Speakers Corner, Botanical Rotunda & Checkmate square are all 3x3 & 10% (VF/SAM ages) but they have to have a road, so normally it becomes a 3x4 so thats only 0.83% attack per square. Even if the Speakers Corner/Rotunda/Checkmate square is connected with just one road it only matches the Pirate for attack % per square. For players below VF ages they get less attack from Speakers Corner (less from OF down) /Rotunda /Checkmate per square then the pirate gives, so for non VF/SAM players the Pirate is a great attack building.

"Bottom line, all 3 suck." rubbish you do not know what your talking about and posting yet again without thinking first.

They are decrations. Know many decorations that need a road?

The Pirate post does not need a road, but of course if you played FoE you would have know this and wouldent have to just spam the forum all day long.

Only buildings i can think off which give a higher attack % per square are Royal Marble, Altar, Sakura and yggdrasil.

DeletedUser

Totally agree with HRC, Guard Posts requiring no road hits the spot. CNs are good for rewards and have enabled me to delete Capitol which I needed for Pop so that works too. The Event Buildings may not suit everybody's Game but they fit with mine very well. All Events and their relative Buildings will have their detractors but that doesn't affect their relative worth to others.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I hate when i have to say that i agree with neoth so i will say that i agree with HRC instead... :D :P Yes, pirate guard post is unmatched one from attack buildings so agent is just trolling again as usually (dont be smart and say GB's and yggdrasil are better cause then i will respond to give me 30 yggdrasil's so i can delete every other attack building) so in short, attack bonus is better or equal to all buildings wich arent in set and posts dont need roads and they are small so you can place them almost anywhere. drawback of posts/bonus for inno is that they are small so you need to win a lot of rewards to get amount wich you want/need so for that you need a lot of diamonds, so in short, yes, i would place 100 of them without problem but for sure i wont spend diamonds for 100 of them. if they are 2x2 for 4% attack it would be a lot better. :)

Ceban

Brigadier-General

I am really interested, on what other stuff it is better to spend your doubloons than on pirate guard posts, really trying to find out your way of thinking in this game... so what is best reward by your oppinion in this event and wich rewards are better than pirate guard posts???