1. Forge Questers!

Join the contest for a chance to win 1,000 diamonds Read all about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A Few Good Mods!

Check out the various positions we have to offer here.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Fall Event 2019

On your marks. Get set. Bake! This year, the Fall Bake Off makes its return to your city in style!
    For detailed information, please click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forge Cafe

Head to our Forge Cafe, ask a question, or have a chat. It's the perfect place for you to pull up a chair and learn more about the game and the forum here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Event Summer Event 2018

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Sovereign, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Sovereign

Sovereign Former CM

Avast!

This thread be here for discussin' the Summer Event. Collect Dubloons so ye can Capt'n a mighty ship!

See the full treasure map here!

Cap'n Richard & Ship

maziiar likes this.
  2. maziiar

maziiar Private

so nice video and i love play it as soon as possible
    thank you designers

3. dragonsden86

dragonsden86 Corporal

Are we going to get the Genghis Khan Event after the Summer Event or are we not getting it at all?

4. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

So.… what happened to Ghangis Khan?

5. Galladhorn

Galladhorn General

Well, so far I can only say that the ships looks great!

6. Munzekonza

Munzekonza Corporal

Would be the day when we would get an announcement about an event in which we could get just one (1) expansion as a reward.

7. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Major-General

He might have fell off his horse.

Migraine of Ord likes this.
  8. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

Quick, get the vultures!

9. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Brigadier-General

Well, considering how laughably stupid-awful the event was on beta... lots of forced sector & province clearing, and the so-called "reward" being a flaming pile of rank rodent gak, perhaps this means that Inno is re-doing the whole quest line & will make it 'not suck'?!

For those who don't follow beta at all and/or use the wiki site, the event basically;
    1. had forced sector clearing AND ended with a forced "gain control over a province" quest. (ie: no options, you *must* waste your c-map!)
    2. the 'reward' is a nerfed Tiger's Den.
    Yep, that's right! Genghis bloody Khan, has a building that gives... Defense!!lol:?
    And a sucky one at that, as it only gives 3% def from iirc, Colonial down, 4% from Industrial through who knows? and doesn't hit 5% until the last couple of ages...

So yeah, perhaps just as happened with the big rebalancing of the Summer event due to the entirely 110% negative feedback on beta, Inno is again listening to the players and entirely re-doing the quest line.

10. Richard of shaw

I sure am gonna love plundering these ships.

Dimondus likes this.
  11. Boorg

Boorg Second Lieutenant

I would think that it can’t be plundered when motivated therefore if plundered when not motivated will only return Coins.

breadgita likes this.
  12. Thomas Covenent

Yes, that's correct.
    Like the other recent offerings, The Ship is basically 'plunder-proof' since none of the important bits can ever be plundered. ;)

breadgita likes this.
  13. Richard of shaw

What! I figured it would be plunderable like the palaces. This kinda sucks.

14. Boorg

Boorg Second Lieutenant

The Palaces can’t be motivated and that is why they can be plundered, up till now no motivated building can be plundered and (Edit) as far as I know the only two buildings that can’t be motivated and can’t be plundered are the Wishing Well and the Fountain of Youth.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  15. Test Ament

Test Ament Overlord

a few more
    the Gong and Victory Tower

and AF and OF harbor. but that are not regular buildings (they are fix and don't need city space)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  16. Boorg

Boorg Second Lieutenant

True I always tend to forget the Gong of Wisdom and the Victory Tower. Seems like buildings which automatically upgrade to the current Era can’t be plundered even though these buildings can’t be motivated.

Also true but if we take these buildings into consideration we should also include The Tavern (Edit : 'and the Town Hall'). Personally I don’t consider these buildings as standard buildings because these buildings are mandatory.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  17. Thomas Covenent

I think the Gong & VT's are 'safe' because they're classified as decorations, vs. being classed as 'residential building' (ie: Palace + East & West Towers), or 'production buildings' (ie: Bazaar, Terrace Farm, Sunken Treasure, etc...)

Also, sadly, military buildings can't be plundered either! :(
    (imagine how nasty the game would get if that was possible?!)

18. Boorg

Boorg Second Lieutenant

Why do you think the Gong of Wisdom and Victory Tower are classified as decorations?
    These produce Forge Points and/or only Medals and don’t provide happiness whilst standard decorations only provide happiness.

Ha Ha Ha …………. That can never happen but if it did I think it could be disastrous for some players! On those lines Alcatraz should also become plunderable ……….. that would create havoc!

If we carry on changing the buildings current status all buildings will become plunderable and instead of “Forge of Empires” we will have “Forge of Devastation”.

breadgita likes this.
  19. Richard of shaw

I like it!

20. Tvontkomin

Tvontkomin Private

yea it's our great vacation !!! 8-):blush:;)