• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2018

DeletedUser4727

Avast!

This thread be here for discussin' the Summer Event. Collect Dubloons so ye can Capt'n a mighty ship!

See the full treasure map here!

Cap'n Richard & Ship

DeletedUser113849

so nice video and i love play it as soon as possible
thank you designers

DeletedUser106369

Are we going to get the Genghis Khan Event after the Summer Event or are we not getting it at all?

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Would be the day when we would get an announcement about an event in which we could get just one (1) expansion as a reward.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Are we going to get the Genghis Khan Event after the Summer Event or are we not getting it at all?
Well, considering how laughably stupid-awful the event was on beta... lots of forced sector & province clearing, and the so-called "reward" being a flaming pile of rank rodent gak, perhaps this means that Inno is re-doing the whole quest line & will make it 'not suck'?!

For those who don't follow beta at all and/or use the wiki site, the event basically;
1. had forced sector clearing AND ended with a forced "gain control over a province" quest. (ie: no options, you *must* waste your c-map!)
2. the 'reward' is a nerfed Tiger's Den.
Yep, that's right! Genghis bloody Khan, has a building that gives... Defense!!lol:?
And a sucky one at that, as it only gives 3% def from iirc, Colonial down, 4% from Industrial through who knows? and doesn't hit 5% until the last couple of ages...

So yeah, perhaps just as happened with the big rebalancing of the Summer event due to the entirely 110% negative feedback on beta, Inno is again listening to the players and entirely re-doing the quest line.

Boorg

Captain
What! I figured it would be plunderable like the palaces. This kinda sucks.

The Palaces can’t be motivated and that is why they can be plundered, up till now no motivated building can be plundered and (Edit) as far as I know the only two buildings that can’t be motivated and can’t be plundered are the Wishing Well and the Fountain of Youth.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

the only two buildings that can’t be motivated and can’t be plundered are the Wishing Well and the Fountain of Youth.
a few more
the Gong and Victory Tower

and AF and OF harbor. but that are not regular buildings (they are fix and don't need city space)

Last edited by a moderator:

Boorg

Captain
a few more
the Gong and Victory Tower

True I always tend to forget the Gong of Wisdom and the Victory Tower. Seems like buildings which automatically upgrade to the current Era can’t be plundered even though these buildings can’t be motivated.

and AF and OF harbor.

Also true but if we take these buildings into consideration we should also include The Tavern (Edit : 'and the Town Hall'). Personally I don’t consider these buildings as standard buildings because these buildings are mandatory.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
True I always tend to forget the Gong of Wisdom and the Victory Tower. Seems like buildings which automatically upgrade to the current Era can’t be plundered even though these buildings can’t be motivated.
I think the Gong & VT's are 'safe' because they're classified as decorations, vs. being classed as 'residential building' (ie: Palace + East & West Towers), or 'production buildings' (ie: Bazaar, Terrace Farm, Sunken Treasure, etc...)

Also, sadly, military buildings can't be plundered either! :(
(imagine how nasty the game would get if that was possible?!)

Boorg

Captain
I think the Gong & VT's are 'safe' because they're classified as decorations

Why do you think the Gong of Wisdom and Victory Tower are classified as decorations?
These produce Forge Points and/or only Medals and don’t provide happiness whilst standard decorations only provide happiness.

Also, sadly, military buildings can't be plundered either! :(
(imagine how nasty the game would get if that was possible?!)

Ha Ha Ha …………. That can never happen but if it did I think it could be disastrous for some players! On those lines Alcatraz should also become plunderable ……….. that would create havoc!

If we carry on changing the buildings current status all buildings will become plunderable and instead of “Forge of Empires” we will have “Forge of Devastation”.