• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion: Aid all (available) and Visit all Taverns (available)

DeletedUser100133

i think forum is a bit dis-functional ideas should be discussed on general comunity discution then if aproved by all go to idea section with the proper format with all the info (agreed to by all ) colected on gen discution added in format

That would make it twice the effort, you can create a formated idea and disuses the idea in the same thread and if some players have a way to improve the idea, there is also an edit button on each comment you make so the idea you create can be edited, also @Test Ament General Community Discussion is for member to discuss a topic created by a player not to create ideas that is what the idea section is for and as I said about if the idea was in the idea section it would be labelled as do not suggest as it is an idea that makes the game easier, personally it would be a nice feature and make a 30 minute task to a 1 minute task as I a terrible aider lol

DeletedUser109481

That is unnecessary and rather disrespectful of the developers/owners/etc's time and effort. We have idea sections in each server forum so
(a) everythings in one place for that server [less duplication of paperwork]
(b) to maximise the productivity of time spent reading ideas.

As moderators it's our job to pass on your ideas in a way that's clear and concise so they know exactly what you're asking for and why you want it. It's simply not possible for the devs to have to time to work on the game if they also have to read every comment from every player that has a idea. It has to be narrowed down to the point(s) being made and if they wish for clarification there's the original thread they can look at.
No prob. I will do what I can, as long as it is correct procedure. Thanks!

DeletedUser99588

May I remind you all this is the discussion on an idea as this is the General Community Discussion section of the forum, not the Idea section so there physical no Idea to reject or put forward as it is a discussion.
But unfortunately if it was in the ideas page it would be labelled as Do Not suggest, as aid all your guild and friends at once and sitting at Friends Tavern at once can been seen as making the game easier, so it would come under, "Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.", also, if it was that easy to contact the developers why have a moderator team and we are starting to drift off topic can we stick to the topic that be great.

Thank you

It seems to me the ' do not suggest ideas that make the game easier' is a little defunct these days. A number of ideas have been implemented that make the game easier already so a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

The game has evolved, what was once key elements are just minor ones now. Maybe some elements of the game could evolve based on progress through the game as this is something the developers have already embraced. It may even encourage some of the campers to progress further in research.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Things I wish this game had: Aid all, 180 Building rotations so my houses could face the road which would make the game look much more aesthetically pleasing. Things that I see people argue against till the end of time, those two things. I don't see the need for Taverns to be a one button push however, because most of the time you never need to do 80+ Taverns, like, never. And even then sometimes you may not want to Tavern them all, or certain people ;D

But seriously, +1, like i've been +1'ing since this games launch every time this comes up :)

Agent327

Overlord
Things I wish this game had: Aid all, 180 Building rotations so my houses could face the road which would make the game look much more aesthetically pleasing. Things that I see people argue against till the end of time, those two things.

Must be cause rotating buildings is impossible and people like you who are clueless keep suggesting it.

DeletedUser113470

Must be cause rotating buildings is impossible and people like you who are clueless keep suggesting it.
Not the least bit impossible, especially if it's just 180, from a technical perspective.
It would be a huge undertaking. Large software development effort up front, then a huge graphics design effort to render the other 2 sides of each building. All for a very minor aesthetic gain.
So, impossible in the 'inno is never going to invest the resources to do that' sense is certainly true.

DeletedUser113470

It seems to me the ' do not suggest ideas that make the game easier' is a little defunct these days.
If you only look at it from the perspective of us poor saps that are doing all those mouse clicks daily in multiple worlds to accomplish the trivial task of aid/tavern, then you could argue that a 1 click solution makes the game easier only in the most trivial sense. You wouldn't be able to accomplish anything you can't already accomplish. It would just be much less tedious (which is not the same as 'easier').

But if you look at it from the perspective of the poor saps friends, neighbors and guildies, it looks different. If it's trivial to aid/visit everyone, then everyone will get more aids and visits each day. And that most definitely makes the game easier in the real 'do not suggest ideas that make the game easier' sense. I'm surprised the plunder fans aren't more vocal in opposing this idea. More polivating, less plunderable stuff, right?

DeletedUser111359

I'm still just surprised that Inno hasn't seized on it, as a way to encourage spending diamonds.

Every world that my GB/SoK/Etc pickups rack up more than 100FP at once, I happily spend 5 diamonds a day on so that I can collect all of them at once, instead of just 100 worth at a time.

If I could spend 5 diamonds a day to Aid everyone on a world, I would in a heartbeat.

DeletedUser108359

If you only look at it from the perspective of us poor saps that are doing all those mouse clicks daily in multiple worlds to accomplish the trivial task of aid/tavern, then you could argue that a 1 click solution makes the game easier only in the most trivial sense. You wouldn't be able to accomplish anything you can't already accomplish. It would just be much less tedious (which is not the same as 'easier').

But if you look at it from the perspective of the poor saps friends, neighbors and guildies, it looks different. If it's trivial to aid/visit everyone, then everyone will get more aids and visits each day. And that most definitely makes the game easier in the real 'do not suggest ideas that make the game easier' sense. I'm surprised the plunder fans aren't more vocal in opposing this idea. More polivating, less plunderable stuff, right?

It could have a negative effect on yourself as well. Someone may attack you and you might wish to revenge attack back. but click aid all and you would then aid them and have to wait another 24 hrs for your revenge.

DeletedUser116901

Interesting thoughts.

To the moderators - I am not a forum dweller, if its not in the right place, be mighty nice if you moved it there. If you choose not to help INNO with player suggestions... fine.. I really don't care for reading, crafting and following a set format, in a particular order, when I am trying to help with feedback. You don't want the info.. again.. your loss.

The idea was proposed because this part of the game (for me, if you love it, please keep clicking and scrolling to your hearts content) is both repetitive, time consuming and not fun (tedious). I don't think changing it makes the game less strategic or gives an advantage. This is not meant to be a job, this is my spare time, if there is something I dislike, I can raise it in the hope that its changed, leave your game, or play the game and resent doing something I think is poor game design every day (And perhaps not spend my money as I am now resentful of an aspect of your game).

It was not proposed that this was the only way to aid/collect. Its an option. For those of us who think we should aid everyone in our friends or guild tabs, hit aid all - in that tab. For those of you who feel the need to punish, not click on certain people, do it that way.... no harm to you at all this feature. You want to attack and plunder someone in your list that attacked you, do that first, then perhaps hit the aid all button as that one would now be invalid as they currently are after one interaction per day. Perhaps don't have aid all on the hood, I had overlooked this and was only talking about the guild and friends tabs.

There is no realistic option NOT to aid or have tavern friends as you have made it very integrated into your quests and buildings requiring "aid" to produce their goods per day. Some people who play this game do so from hospital beds, some perhaps with issues with their fingers/hands. I am not saying you need to change your game to accommodate every possible situation, but please consider some real feedback with my individual feeling on where your game is falling down.

DeletedUser112679

I'm so glad someone has made a post about this, +1 suggestion

Emberguard

Legend
if its not in the right place, be mighty nice if you moved it there. If you choose not to help INNO with player suggestions... fine.. I really don't care for reading, crafting and following a set format, in a particular order, when I am trying to help with feedback. You don't want the info.. again.. your loss.
I posted earlier in the thread the correct area for the thread to be posted. However if you are willing to format the first post in this way I can move the thread for you:
Proposal:

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea?

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I realise you've stated you don't care for following a set format - however you've cared enough to post at all so that's something. You've also cared enough to make that wall of text. So I hope you'll care enough about your idea to put it in format

With all that said I'm sure this idea has been proposed before and there's a good chance Inno already has the idea passed onto them prior to your posting.

DeletedUser99588

If your going to quote me you need to quote correctly to ensure context. The bit you missed

A number of ideas have been implemented that make the game easier already so a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

On the one hand we are told not to suggest ideas that make the game easier and on the other they implement ideas that make the game easier. The Aid button made the game easier and we all except that now. I can guarantee you if someone had suggested something like GE with diamond rewards it would have been hammered in this forum and yet it is now a major part of the game.

The fact of the matter is that ideas that make the game easier that will encourage more to play and spend money are beneficial to Innogames. But thay have to be well balanced ideas which tends to be rare because most are either unwilling or unable to see the big picture past their own personal gameplay.

Oh, and as far as plundering goes I tend to target buildings that can't be motivated so makes no difference to me from that perspective.

Emberguard

Legend
But thay have to be well balanced ideas which tends to be rare because most are either unwilling or unable to see the big picture past their own personal gameplay.
And that's what I think "no ideas that make the game easier" was likely trying to tackle, the ideas that are only focusing on short term and ignore the effect it'd have on the game balance (or don't care about game balance)

It also means [when a player reads the do not suggest] for those that haven't thought about game balance or don't really understand it they have a prompting to think about why they want the idea and whether it improves the game or if it's just a quick fix

DeletedUser99588

And that's what I think "no ideas that make the game easier" was likely trying to tackle, the ideas that are only focusing on short term and ignore the effect it'd have on the game balance (or don't care about game balance)

It also means [when a player reads the do not suggest] for those that haven't thought about game balance or don't really understand it they have a prompting to think about why they want the idea and whether it improves the game.

Yes but making that a rule throws the baby out with the bathwater. It is not only ideas that need to have some thought put into them before implementation.

DeletedUser653

thanatos, thats a general rule to keep the game playable and generally is a good one but INNO have many many times introduced changes which have made the game more "playable" so do not worry too much and work the change as making it more playable and with the change less players are likely to leave etc etc
Aid all does not make the game easier to play at all, it prevents INNO be sued for RSJ injuries from the continuous increase in clicking that happens each year.

DeletedUser110488

a friends' list may contain 140 friends... add that to, say, 74 in Korch's neighbourhood, plus 80 from your guild, 294 clicks. If anyone is happy to click 294 times, please be my guest. But some of us don't have the time or the enthusiasm for so many clicks and one hit aid all is preferable and necessary, to improve enjoyment of the game.