• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spinning the wheel in the Summer Event and other previous Events

DeletedUser112892

Which part of
"I'm not going to elaborate on it anymore"
don't you understand?
No need to elaborate because wheel is pure luck.
There are players who won more golden prizes than you without using any "technique".
Even FoE personel confirmed that pressing "Stop" doesn't do anything except to stop visual part of spinning the wheel, i.e. pressing "Stop" button doesn't change the prize that was determined by starting wheel spinning at all.
Don't bomb players with false informations.

DeletedUser115027

Maybe to reduce confusion in future events, hitting the stop button should just instantly cancel the spinning animation and skip to your prize. I know someone suggested getting rid of the wheel animations entirely, but I feel that would lessen the appeal for a lot of people.

DeletedUser112892

Maybe to reduce confusion in future events, hitting the stop button should just instantly cancel the spinning animation and skip to your prize. I know someone suggested getting rid of the wheel animations entirely, but I feel that would lessen the appeal for a lot of people.
Of course, here is Ember post that is most obvious proof:
> pressed spin
> quest completed before wheel started moving.
> landed on prize required for collect supplies to complete

same thing happened when I needed to recruit units

Emberguard

Legend
what was the topic ?
Whether the wheel is pre-determined at the time of pressing or if the player is able to effect where it lands

(like in the Pokémon games upto the... 4th(?) generation when you used the slot machines you could press a button and get the same result every time if you timed it correctly)

DeletedUser112892

Your point of view, not mine, so please lets keep it at that.
No trolling again please.
That is not my point of view, that is stated by people from FoE team and, also, many players proved their point, including me.

DeletedUser115027

Well, in the end it comes down to the word of the game developers & several users who say they got credit for quest completion the moment they hit spin, vs 2-3 users who claim the stop button has some effect on the results.

I am definitely more inclined to believe the first, especially as I myself had not noticed any correlation between when I hit the stop button and where the wheel landed.

But in the end none of it is conclusive proof (though of course the word of developers has more weight than that of random forum users). We could come up with some ways to test the claims, but unfortunately the event has already ended, so no way of trying it out until the next one...

DeletedUser115027

Also the Columbus example is quite ironic, as no educated person at the time believed the Earth was flat. The reason people doubted his chance at success was because his estimations about the Earth's size were far off the mark - remember, he set off to reach India, not to discover a new continent. If America didn't exist, he would have starved trying to cross the ocean... So we have an example of someone who has erroneous beliefs yet succeeds purely due to luck - appropriate?

DeletedUser112892

(Haile Selassie)Yes, the fact that I used stop button and that I won the prizes I wanted by using it with that purpose several times in a row. That is the prove good enough for any reasonable man to say that it works.
I won prizes I want 4 times in a row without pressing "Stop" button. So, first theory, busted.
---------
(alwinal)Haile is a bit right, you can increase the odds, by pressing stop at the right moment. But you need fast internet connection and a stable pc to have slightly control about the moment to press stop
Absolutely not. Internet connection and stable PC don't have any connection with the wheel. Again, taking Ember's statement as another proof:

> pressed spin
> quest completed before wheel started moving.
> landed on prize required for collect supplies to complete

same thing happened when I needed to recruit units
More than enough to prove that second statement is busted.
---------
(Haile Selassie)Well, that is what I am talking about - I have my claim based on experience that confirmed it several times in a row, while you have your claim based on someone else's claim. As if some priest tell to Columbus that the Earth is flat because some higher priest like pope confirmed that the Earth is flat, even after Columbus came back from his famos voyage. You can't beat experience with empty claims in the end.
I have my claim based on my own experience. @Emberguard has claim based on his own experience. Majority of player who think that prize is already determined when you press "Spin" button have claims based on their own experiences. So, thirs statement is false accusation.
---------
(Haile Selassie)But you missed one little thing too - developers who created this game and first summer wheel event are not working here anymore. And these new ones have no idea how the things work - this is also confirmed many times in praxis. How else to explain so much bugs and lags in this game in last year, two years... Ha?
Absolutely false statement. Firstly, does Haile really think that, over just 2-3 year, all Inno staff who develops FoE would quit Inno? Even if that is true, Summer Event is being reworked every year, so even newest developer have access to all features of Summer Event and they rework it. Complete nonsense of statement.
Looks like I'm not the only by the looks of it. I've used the spinning in all their past events, always with the same results.
You and two other players think that all other players plus developers are wrong?
---------
View attachment 16301
Hey chaps,

Sorry for ignoring this, I wanted to check a couple of things.

The stop button on the wheel is for visual effect alone. Your prize is determined when you click "spin", and clicking "stop" does nothing aside from stop the animation quickly. Any assertion that clicking the stop button has an impact on your win is unfortunately merely a post hoc fallacy.

Thanks,
Richard
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately you're mistaken. You can not influence the outcome of the spin. It is decided what prize you will win the moment you click spin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
If you have discussion value to bring to the table: great!

What is there to discuss?

On the one hand we have Inno staff confirming that the spinning wheel is just a visual effect and nothing more. The stop button is only there to stop the animation.

On the other hand we have Pedro with his super secret method who uses Haile Selassie as proof that it is possible. The same Haile Selassie that is able to put back deleted items in his city and is known for trying to make people believe the impossible.

Inno staff is right and Pedro thinks he is right and nothing will change that. Richard of shaw already said why.

Also the Columbus example is quite ironic, as no educated person at the time believed the Earth was flat. The reason people doubted his chance at success was because his estimations about the Earth's size were far off the mark - remember, he set off to reach India, not to discover a new continent. If America didn't exist, he would have starved trying to cross the ocean... So we have an example of someone who has erroneous beliefs yet succeeds purely due to luck - appropriate?

Not really. There is a difference between something that is improbable and something that is impossible. They doubted his chances, but could not right out say he had no chance at all. With a track cycler you can right out say it is impossible for him/her to exactly stop at the line, simply because the cycle has no brakes.

DeletedUser112892

Because the stop button stops the wheel and you can go blue in the face saying it doesn't.
Simple as that, take or leave it.
*banging head on the wall* This is pointless. If official statements from devs cannot explain you, then nothing can't.

DeletedUser115027

Of course the stop button stops the wheel (as in, stops the animation), that much should be obvious to anyone, the question is whether it has an effect om the results or not.