1. Forge Questers!

Join the contest for a chance to win 1,000 diamonds Read all about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A Few Good Mods!

Check out the various positions we have to offer here.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Fall Event 2019

On your marks. Get set. Bake! This year, the Fall Bake Off makes its return to your city in style!
    For detailed information, please click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forge Cafe

Head to our Forge Cafe, ask a question, or have a chat. It's the perfect place for you to pull up a chair and learn more about the game and the forum here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Spinning the wheel in the Summer Event and other previous Events

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by cfpedro, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Vesiger

Vesiger General

Here's a report from 2014, when it was possible for the player to see his pre-allocated reward before he even got round to pressing the Stop button. https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...14-discussion-thread.27072/page-6#post-152295
    And the same from 2013, when it was even more obvious: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...the-summer-event-is-rigged.22778/#post-106995
    How much evidence is enough to demonstrate that pressing the button at a given moment doesn't actually affect the outcome? I'm getting the impression that the answer is that there can never be enough, because it has become an article of faith to be defended at all costs; well, that doesn't hurt anyone else, but it won't win anything extra on the wheel for the next event...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Migraine of Ord likes this.
  2. cfpedro

cfpedro Banned

Ok fine.

Vesiger likes this.
  3. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

There will never be enough evidence, cause he can make the wheel stop where he wants. He is gifted.

The moment he gets stuck in an argument you get the master response.

Da!!

After that we start all over again. It's like a wheel you can stop. In the end, it always ends on the Da!! spot.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

wheel.jpg

How much more proof do you need?

5. Test Ament

Test Ament Overlord

how about an idea for next year
    turn animation off: and after spin it jumps directly to the prize

because the only thing that the rotating wheel and pressing stop does: it wastes time

DarkUros222 and Migraine of Ord like this.
  6. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Pedro would still claim it stops where he wants. He has this super secret strategy.

7. Sovereign

Sovereign Former CM

Hey chaps,

Sorry for ignoring this, I wanted to check a couple of things.

The stop button on the wheel is for visual effect alone. Your prize is determined when you click "spin", and clicking "stop" does nothing aside from stop the animation quickly. Any assertion that clicking the stop button has an impact on your win is unfortunately merely a post hoc fallacy.

Thanks,
    Richard

DarkUros222, Vesiger, Erinne and 2 others like this.
  8. cfpedro

cfpedro Banned

You press spin and when the Sunken treasure goes over the pointer ...................................................
    and it stops on the Sunken Treasure, 1 place before or after, or 2 out either way, all depending how good your reflexes are and that you pressed the stop button at the exact time it went over the pointer.
    The missing info is the key and my the secret :)
    Hahaha
    PS. If the wheel goes bonkers and starts going backwards then there is nothing you can do but to get a palm tree.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  9. Sovereign

Sovereign Former CM

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately you're mistaken. You can not influence the outcome of the spin. It is decided what prize you will win the moment you click spin.

DarkUros222 and Migraine of Ord like this.
  10. cfpedro

cfpedro Banned

Okey dokey :)

11. Vesiger

Vesiger General

Thanks for the explicit confirmation for future reference, Sovereign.
    I'm sure this question will come up again next year ;-)

12. Migraine of Ord

Migraine of Ord Sergeant

Ok, off topic—- so your “only” reward is dealing with us lovely, talented, and utterly charming forum members and our escapades on the threads!!

Lord, I would run screaming! J/K

Thank you, BTW

Amy Steele likes this.
  13. Migraine of Ord

Migraine of Ord Sergeant

You gambled every time you spun the wheel.

14. cfpedro

cfpedro Banned

Okey dokey :)

15. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

You must have incredible reflexes that you can stop something after it has already stopped.

How does it feel now knowing that al this time you have been watching and stopping a wheel you couldn't stop?

16. Macunaima

Macunaima Private

So your secret recipe stops the wheel on — what — one of five spaces out of a total of twelve?

You realize that you have about a 40% chance of it “stopping on the space, one next to it, or two out either way”?

I am sure that looks impressive to you, but it’s simple statistical probability, Pedro.

17. cfpedro

cfpedro Banned

Look Macunaina, I have a way of stopping the wheel on the right spot or close to it ( believe it or not ), I've been over it over and over, to have the same negative members always saying it's impossible, creating chaos and complete madness in this thread so sorry bud I'm not going to elaborate on it anymore.

18. Test Ament

Test Ament Overlord

he won 12 Sunken treasures in world H
    that proofs everything

how many spins did we have exactly ? 110 ?

DarkUros222 likes this.
  19. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

Not only members confirmed that it is false, people from FoE team confirmed it us false.
    Player also gave proofs that take theory that you can stop the wheel where you want down.
    If your theory was correct, you would have won much more golden prizes.

20. Test Ament

Test Ament Overlord

55%

DarkUros222 likes this.