• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spinning the wheel in the Summer Event and other previous Events

DeletedUser114563

(Erinne) Of course the stop button stops the wheel (as in, stops the animation), that much should be obvious to anyone, the question is whether it has an effect om the results or not.
Yes it has definitely, every time.

Agent327

Overlord
Yeah but Pedro you are wrong. We are just tryin to help you understand that you are wrong.

That's an uphill battle. He will continue to claim he could stop the wheel on the right spot. I just wish there was a video of him watching that wheel turn and turn and turn, just waiting for the right moment to hit that stop button. That would be hilarious!

Agent327

Overlord
Because the stop button stops the wheel and you can go blue in the face saying it doesn't.
Simple as that, take or leave it.

Wow! You are actually right for once. It does stop the wheel. It just does not have anything to do with the prize you got!

DeletedUser115027

Overall I have to say, that going "you're wrong!" "no, you!" is not the most productive way to have a discussion, so why don't we try something different - instead of asserting why you're right, say what kind of proof you would need to change your position.

DeletedUser112892

Overall I have to say, that going "you're wrong!" "no, you!" is not the most productive way to have a discussion, so why don't we try something different - instead of asserting why you're right, say what kind of proof you would need to change your position.
Problem is that, as we saw, giving proofs also isn't productive :P

Agent327

Overlord
(Erinne) Of course the stop button stops the wheel (as in, stops the animation), that much should be obvious to anyone, the question is whether it has an effect om the results or not.
Yes it has definitely, every time.

How can it, if it only stops the wheel? You now agree it only stops the animation.

Agent327

Overlord

He does not need proof. He can stop the wheel on the prize he wants. Just wait for it.

DeletedUser115027

For me I would be willing to accept that stop button has an effect on how the prize is determined, if we could get pedro (or someone else that claims to be able to manipulate the results), to livestream spinning the wheel while another person (someone who would have no incentive to collude with him) tells him what prize to aim for.

If he can land on the target prize significantly more often than random chance would dictate - and bonus if he can explain his method so other people can replicate the results - then it is indeed reasonable to assume that he is correct.

But as I said earlier, that unfortunately is not possible at the moment, due to the event being over.

rjs66

Lieutenant
consider this.

what is easier to program, and more secure ?

1)

you click spin, it sends a request to the server

the server generates a random number, selects the wheel data for you neighbourhood, locks the record, updates the wheel data, unlocks the record, sends data to the client to determine which prize (place on the wheel etc..) to display and updates the players inventory

job done

2)

program it so that timing of the wheel is taken into account (at the client end), the client sends data to the server, the server then goes through checking that the data is still valid for the wheel, and that the end user hasn't managed to "hack" or "tamper" with the data, then does the update on the server (record locking, updating, etc..)
higher processing load, more network traffic, more security processing and more testing required

ps. using a network monitor to watch the traffic flow shows that hitting the stop button doesn't send a burst of data, but hitting the spin button does

DeletedUser112892

Erinne do you think if I could, I wouldn't have do it already and stop this crazy 8 page long trolling.
Let me take a real life example to show your illusion about the wheel:
If you have terrible pains, somebody gives you just pure water and tells you that it is going to hurt you less if you drink it, and you drink it, you will really feel like pain is going a bit away, while your brain is just tricking you. That is called "Placebo" effect, as I already mentioned.
Same with wheel, when you take some golden prizes on the wheel when you press "Stop", your brain will create illusion that you can control outcome of the wheel, while you actually aren't controlling it at all.
To mention that you won ~20 golden prizes out of 110 doubloons. If you think your "technique" really works, then you won embarrassingly low amount of golden prizes.
Second: Stop accusing others for trolling, and first find meaning of that word in Urban Dictionary.
Thank you rjs66, for your explanation, unfortunately I can't reply to you, otherwise, as I'm sure you've noticed by now, everything I reply, gets bombarded with a zillion contradicting replies.
Read his post two more times, as I have a strong feeling you didn't understand what he said at all.

DeletedUser115027

Well, I would not say most of the people in this thread are trolling - the fact is, you are making an extraordinary claim (going against the word of the developers and the experiences of many other users) and you have no evidence aside from your own word and the number of prizes you have won, which as some pointed out is not that extraordinary.

So you have to understand it is not that likely that people would accept your claims, and disagreement on this matter is not trolling - in fact from some other users PoV you are the troll for continuing to assert your position.

Personally I do not think you are trolling, even though I do believe you are mistaken. It is unfortunate this issue came up so late in the event so there was no chance to provide any visual evidence on either side.

Anyhow, I have said what could convince me - I am curious what it would take for you to change your mind.

DeletedUser112892

Then list all the items you won on just 1 world, not on all. Why are you afraid to do that?
EDIT: Removed off-topic part of post by myself.
[/SPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Thank you rjs66, for your explanation, unfortunately I can't reply to you, otherwise, as I'm sure you've noticed by now, everything I reply, gets bombarded with a zillion contradicting replies.

You do realise he told you you are wrong?

Change my mind? How can I lie about something that is true?

If it is true you have discovered a bug. Did you report it as you are supposed to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

Summer Event is already over

let's look forward to the winter event and strategies to beat the shuffle

Agent327

Overlord
59 million FoE players and I'm to only one to have discovered a bug Hahahaha
Not really ! The only bug, it's not in the game, but has been bugging me for the last few weeks Hahahaha

You must be, cause you are the only one convinced you coulkd stop the wheel on the spot you want. According to Inno staff, you can't, so it must be a bug and you are obliged to report those. Taking advantage of it is abuse!

And please no comments on my mom.

You bring her up all the time, so that is a rather strange request.