• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

Now let's see. A father gives his two kids both an equal size bag with candy. First kid eats all in a day. Second kid is more patient and only takes one or two sweets a day. Two weeks later he still has sweets, so the first kid starts to complain that the dad has not treated him fair, cause he has no sweets left. Is the dad to blame for this?
Of course, dad to blame. He should understand that everyone is different and be aware of his child's needs. :rolleyes::lol::blush:

DeletedUser96901

what if daddy (Inno) wants that players can't be in silver league two times without using diamonds
(and gold is only for diamonds users)

:P

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
The odds in this event is pure garbage, by far the worst i've ever seen. All I wanted was a L10 Tholos of Idols on both my worlds. Already had L7s before this event, spent nearly everything on one world, managed to get the 3 selection kits, spent everything on other world, still have L9 on second go around for prize. I'm up-to-date on event quests. I will never spend a penny on this game.

DeletedUser116322

how many times are they going to come up with these watchfires? :(
could we have something more usefull for a change
edit
sleigh builder, charming cottage, bazaar or a oasis all give much needed goods

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
how many times are they going to come up with these watchfires? :(
could we have something more usefull for a change
edit
sleigh builder, charming cottage, bazaar or a oasis all give much needed goods
Sleigh Builder & Charming Cottage are Winter themed buildings, while the Bazaar & Oasis are Summer themed buildings... why in the Seven Hells would should we ever expect to see them in a Soccer themed event?!:rolleyes:

Besides, event rewards are mostly pointless now anyways since we have;
a) Bat-gak insanely OP items from the Settlements...
Vikings gives us a building that is literally a Lv.10 Zeus + 8 SoK's + 4 Tribal Squares worth of bonuses in a freaking 3x3!!
Japan is giving us the Shinto Temple which apparently gives 12fp's + 50 goods in a 3x4!

b)
The upcoming new 'Auction House' feature will let you simply buy all those cherished event buildings & upgrade kits if you show a tiny bit of patience.

Hell, if anything, the 'main' large events could soon just become a way to simply gain a large amount of fodder to eventually put to better use later on. ;)

DeletedUser

I'm with TC on this one Joan, Goods Buildings provide Goods with the greatest efficiency and the Multis such as Bazaar, etc are far too big for any Player with a City above EMA/HMA. Sure they have their places in the early stages of play but not when you can site two Goods Buildings on the same footprint and they are very much out of context for this Event. The Altar Gardens are the ones to go for and whatever else drops into our laps along the way. As TC says, we get plenty of stuff for later use and deployment. The Tholos upgrades were a good idea and entirely appropriate as they are/were Greek funerary structures and therefore fit right in with the theme of the Event, as would Colossus upgrades incidentally, hint, hint!
Yggdrasil is wonderful, you should get one.

Emberguard

Legend
I'm with TC on this one Joan, Goods Buildings provide Goods with the greatest efficiency and the Multis such as Bazaar, etc are far too big for any Player with a City above EMA/HMA.
I’d have thought as long as you have the room to place then (large) multi’s are more suited to mid-late ages then early game given the techtree building sizes only get bigger later on.

Though with the amount of event buildings available it’d depend on how long one stays in each age as to how relevant buildings like bazaar would remain.

DeletedUser116322

Sleigh Builder & Charming Cottage are Winter themed buildings, while the Bazaar & Oasis are Summer themed buildings... why in the Seven Hells would should we ever expect to see them in a Soccer themed event?!:rolleyes:
i would be taking an "educated guess" if i say that the watchfires originally came from an event but not the soccer event?!
so
"why in the Seven Hells would should we have them in a Soccer themed event?!:rolleyes:"

DeletedUser116322

Though with the amount of event buildings available it’d depend on how long one stays in each age as to how relevant buildings like bazaar would remain.
a Bazaar gives you 5 goods every 8h so it can give you 15 goods a day and it can be upgraded all the time with "one up kits" or "renovation kits", now that to me, still in my first 7 months of the game, is what i need lots of
edit
now someone is going to come along and say to me
if you get the "Goods for Africa (fictional does not exist)" GB at level 100 you can get 100 goods daily
and then i think to myself
the pain i have to go through to get this GB to level 100, the stress i put onto myself to spend endless hours doing it, is it really worth it in the end or will the bazaar be a better easy stress free option after all

sorry Emberguard for editing the post after you put a like for the original post

Emberguard

Legend
@JoanTheLovingOne difference is watchfires are a staple in every event along with victory towers, Wishing Wells, hall of fame and Shrine of Knowledge.

You’ve got a point, that could change. Especially if players request in feedback threads for those specific buildings you’re asking about. However at this point in time the most likely location for a event building we haven’t seen many times are in the themed recurring event they came from as that’s the current precedent for those specific buildings

DeletedUser116322

difference is watchfires are a staple in every event along with victory towers, Wishing Wells, hall of fame and Shrine of Knowledge.
you don't need watchfires at all if you run everything (almost, others goods on 3x8h shifts) on 24h schedules, all that these damm watchfire are causing is that some players can't play the game properly without them because of their ridiculous defense bonus, i'm only contemporary era with 1 170k score and in my world there is a character with 42 000+k (tomorrow era) who attacks me every day and i can't even scratch him when i take revenge on him, where is the proper balance in this game?

Emberguard

Legend
Not sure I follow that logic.

Thoughts:
If you’re collecting before they get there it’s a moot point whether they get through as there’s nothing to take. Likewise if you got through and they collected you still couldn’t plunder. The outcome is the same regardless of whether the attack succeeded or failed if you’ve collected the produce

Even if there is something to plunder what’s stopping you from also building up your defence as they did?

Most importantly let’s suppose the person plundering you didn’t have a defence up - what’s the difference in possible output? If they’re taking up (eg: ) a third of their city in defence that’s a third of the land that’s completely unusable. Far more then anything you’d ever be able to take from them. If anything your attacks may encourage them to keep up the defence given it’s successful

So where’s the balance? Simple. They traded production for security and you’re free to either do the same or not. It takes a considerable larger amount of resources to build up defence boost (and maintain it) then it does to breach defence

Edit:
So my question is this: if you feel there’s no need to have watchfires in events because you can collect, what did you intend to accomplish with your revenge? Watchfires would only have value if they were protecting something.

Are you saying events shouldn’t have watchfires because they really have no value, or are you saying it to make it easier to plunder?

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
a Bazaar gives you 5 goods every 8h so it can give you 15 goods a day and it can be upgraded all the time with "one up kits" or "renovation kits", now that to me, still in my first 7 months of the game, is what i need lots of
edit
now someone is going to come along and say to me
if you get the "Goods for Africa (fictional does not exist)" GB at level 100 you can get 100 goods daily
and then i think to myself
the pain i have to go through to get this GB to level 100, the stress i put onto myself to spend endless hours doing it, is it really worth it in the end or will the bazaar be a better easy stress free option after all

sorry Emberguard for editing the post after you put a like for the original post
Bazaar was "good" maybe oh, 3-4 years ago...
However, we have 'evolving buildings' now, which simply destroy anything that the likes of Bazaar/Cider Mill/Gondola Market - even the hallowed TF's can produce!

Compare the Bazaar to Tholos - same 15 goods per day, yet Tholos also brings;
4fps = 4x SoK production
Supplies (more important for late/end game eras)
Medals (more important for early game/non-Arc players)
AND cost 0 population to run, nor can it ever be plundered of it's fps/goods!

The multi-production buildings that aren't Sunken Treasures/Sleigh Builders are hot garbage nowadays... (and the only reason the latter are still relevant are due entirely to their insanely tiny size!)
Wait long enough, and you'll accumulate enough evolving buildings to run your city, which can then also be supplemented by smaller Tribal Squares/Charming Cottage type buildings.

I honestly laugh at cities that are still using the larger multi-production buildings. :P

DeletedUser116322

Bazaar was "good" maybe oh, 3-4 years ago...
and the Tholos comes in one shot like watchfires, i think not, it comes in dribs and drabs and i have zero (nothing) Tholos in my 3 games, so not everyone has Tholos for Africa, they are difficult to get, not like watchfires/ritual fires that you can now get them by the tons in the GE

I honestly laugh at cities that are still using the larger multi-production buildings. :P
maybe they like their charm so please don't laugh :blush:
edit
on the other hand i get depressed when i look at some player "places" that have nothing pretty to look at, not a single culture building in sight:(

Agent327

Overlord
you don't need watchfires at all if you run everything (almost, others goods on 3x8h shifts) on 24h schedules, all that these damm watchfire are causing is that some players can't play the game properly without them because of their ridiculous defense bonus, i'm only contemporary era with 1 170k score and in my world there is a character with 42 000+k (tomorrow era) who attacks me every day and i can't even scratch him when i take revenge on him, where is the proper balance in this game?

Totally weird statement. You are allowed to prevent plundering by collecting on time, but others are not allowed to do it by placing watchgfires.

BTW, it is not very loving to try to scratch someone.

DeletedUser116322

Totally weird statement.
the statement is not weird at all, it's that you don't understand what i was saying
edit
that's why (only) you always come up with the most weird, nonsense comments:(

BTW, it is not very loving to try to scratch someone.
you haven't got a clue what i was trying to say, do you?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
and the Tholos comes in one shot like watchfires, i think not, it comes in dribs and drabs and i have zero (nothing) Tholos in my 3 games, so not everyone has Tholos for Africa, they are difficult to get, not like watchfires/ritual fires that you can now get them by the tons in the GE
Wait like 2-3 more weeks... (if event that long!)
There's something brewing on beta that's about to make events weep. :P

Besides, completing all the various major events is;
a) almost always quite easy.
b) they're now so frequent, that you don't even have to wait out a year or two to have 3-4+ amazaballs buildings that crush anything the larger multi-production buildings can produce.

maybe they like their charm so please don't laugh :blush:
edit
on the other hand i get depressed when i look at some player "places" that have nothing pretty to look at, not a single culture building in sight:(
And I enjoy helping myself to their contents when given the opportunity! (*insert evil grin here*)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Wait like 2-3 more weeks... (if event that long!)
There's something brewing on beta that's about to make events weep. :P

Besides, completing all the various major events is;
a) almost always quite easy.
b) they're now so frequent, that you don't even have to wait out a year or two to have 3-4+ amazaballs buildings that crush anything the larger multi-production buildings can produce.

And I enjoy helping myself to their contents when given the opportunity! (*insert evil grin here*)

So there is an event coming that is going to be good? Nice to hear that, cause this event has been terrible for F2P people at least where the leagues are concerned, usually easy enough to get into silver for rewards when the leagues never reset, this time you could come silver once and had to sit in hobby and conserve everything for it. Glad they upgraded bronze tier so at least trying for that is semi worth it. Essentially without those tier rewards it was really hard to get two to max level, of a event building that's still not really that good.

As compared to the arch event we had last time, which was totally awesome and incredibly rewarding to participate in for both Diamond and Free players.

Here's to hoping the next event makes up for this one! Is kinda funny how good some of these event buildings are, as you say, crushing anything we can normally make.