• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
@Lord Grok I hope once you've finished the event you'll come back to update on how you feel the event went.

I'm not sure what spread of placements over the 4 weeks the devs intended players to get. I do know players have been giving feedback that they wanted the leagues to be more accessible in the higher placements (silver / gold)

Spreading it over 4 weeks potentially decreases your pool of opponents at the time of trying for a placement. Whether you spread your spending across lea
gue rounds for a lower average or spend primarily in one round is upto you. I hope you get a satisfactory amount of league rewards

To help you decide how to proceed for the remaining leagues I've put together a table of the league rewards.

DK = Divine Kit

[tr][td]Position[/td][td]x1
.[/td][td]x1
+DK[/td][td]x2
.[/td][td]x2
+DK[/td][td]x3
.[/td][td]x3
+DK[/td][td]x4
(3 +1st round)[/td][td]x4
+DK[/td][td]Previous
Events[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hobby[/td][td]5[/td][td]NA[/td][td]10[/td][td]NA[/td][td]15[/td][td]NA[/td][td]20[/td][td]NA[/td][td]10[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Amateur[/td][td]10[/td][td]35[/td][td]20[/td][td]70[/td][td]30[/td][td]105[/td][td]40[/td][td]115[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bronze[/td][td]20[/td][td]45[/td][td]40[/td][td]90[/td][td]60[/td][td]135[/td][td]80[/td][td]180[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Silver[/td][td]50[/td][td]75[/td][td]100[/td][td]150[/td][td]150[/td][td]225[/td][td]200[/td][td]300[/td][td]100[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Gold[/td][td]100[/td][td]125[/td][td]200[/td][td]250[/td][td]300[/td][td]375[/td][td]400[/td][td]500[/td][td]200[/td][/tr]

Agent327

Overlord
The soccer event was fun for the first week and the prizes are fantastic, however I’ve come to realise that it is horribly broken and ridiculously poorly designed. Let me explain why I’m so frustrated..

In week 1 I completed all the “story quests” and reached the point where you get 1 quest per day. After completing all possible content, I was able to get silver league (just - people are obviously paying big money to get extra drinks so as FTP silver was best you could achieve)

In week 2 I’m still getting 1 quest a day. If I spent all the drinks I’ve earned then I wouldn’t even get out of amateur league.

And that’s what I have to look forward to for the rest of the event. It’s daft. No amount of playing, nothing I can do will affect the outcome and all I can do is complete the daily and try to work out whether 3*amateur is better than 1*(maybe)bronze if I saved all my drinks for 3 weeks, or some other contrived combination. Surely this isn’t working as intended??

Now let's see. A father gives his two kids both an equal size bag with candy. First kid eats all in a day. Second kid is more patient and only takes one or two sweets a day. Two weeks later he still has sweets, so the first kid starts to complain that the dad has not treated him fair, cause he has no sweets left. Is the dad to blame for this?

Also as an aside, my buddies playing the game all received emails informing them of the event and providing 100 free drinks. Some even received this email on 2 different dates. My email is also registered, and I didn’t get any of these emails. Why?

As an educated guess I could say they do not like you, but if you really wanted to know you should contact Support.

Agent327

Overlord
Spreading it over 4 weeks potentially decreases your pool of opponents at the time of trying for a placement.

Potentially yes, but very unlikely to happen.

Just notice how the number of energydrinks used will go through the roof once the Tholos becomes the daily prize.

Same as with the players used. You either use them to reach the end in the best possible way to go for the altars, or you use them in the best possible way to win the daily prizes. 4 chances to get gold in the leaugue gives you a better chance than you had before, but also a bigger loss.

DeletedUser99588

Also as an aside, my buddies playing the game all received emails informing them of the event and providing 100 free drinks. Some even received this email on 2 different dates. My email is also registered, and I didn’t get any of these emails. Why?

You may not have given them permission in settings under data usage to send you the emails.

DeletedUser117610

@Emberguard thank you for the thoughtful reply and useful info. I hope the takeaway was that I really enjoyed the event until the story ran out, played way too much to get ahead, and was just disappointed there wasn’t more content to allow that to continue. I’ll post after the event finishes if I change my view.

@thanatos100 thank you very much that’s exactly the problem. Fixed now.

@Agent327 thats an inane analogy. Full points for snark though

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Haha, so it was before the next drinks came along, oh well :D

Terrible week to try and go for the higher ranks, as everyone will be spending everything today.

DeletedUser114342

Got 5 Tholos kits, needed 7 so I’m crossing my fingers that it does come again AND that I will have enough diamonds left to buy energy drinks if I need to. I spent most of my saved up diamonds to get the 5 kits today.

But, if I don’t get the last 2 upgrades I need, then I’m still happy. A level 8 Tholos is far better than a level 3 :)

I got the 2 upgrades for Tholos that I needed, hadn't used a drink all event so still have about 2.5k left if anything else that's any good comes along :D otherwise I will just save up again until the last few days

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
From my point of view... the event is not good and it doesn't really make much sense... the main prize although it is small it isn't really worth to much if you have one and to get more it is hardly the case of just spending some amount of diamonds... it is to expensive and payout isn't all that good ... also one good thing Tholos upgrades have been so hard to get ... at least i got 2 i missed from time when it was an original main prize but still not really balanced... the new league system isn't good either... in usually league system we had so far there was always a chance you would end up in sliver at the end ... here that is only possible if you truly brake your credit card or if you have enough time to play multiple worlds to collect diamonds basically for free ... i do know my opinion isn't going to be meet with nice words .. i actually don't care ... but this even have been by far the worst concept you have ever done ... even the new event, the Archeology one that was commented on beta to be bad was much much better ...

Agent327

Overlord
From my point of view... the event is not good and it doesn't really make much sense... the main prize although it is small it isn't really worth to much if you have one and to get more it is hardly the case of just spending some amount of diamonds... it is to expensive and payout isn't all that good ... also one good thing Tholos upgrades have been so hard to get ... at least i got 2 i missed from time when it was an original main prize but still not really balanced... the new league system isn't good either... in usually league system we had so far there was always a chance you would end up in sliver at the end ... here that is only possible if you truly brake your credit card or if you have enough time to play multiple worlds to collect diamonds basically for free ... i do know my opinion isn't going to be meet with nice words .. i actually don't care ... but this even have been by far the worst concept you have ever done ... even the new event, the Archeology one that was commented on beta to be bad was much much better ...

I think that is a lovely comment.

DeletedUser114160

Soccer will be starting on June 6th! Read the details here and as always, we look forward to your feedback below!
Is it possible to see the league individual rankings before it moves to the next level? I want to make sure I don't drop prior to the reset...

DeletedUser12400

Same story. Hopefully it will not appear at least until we will get till this mark:
upload_2019-6-9_14-27-34.png
Perfect timing:blush:
I always go with silver player. I managed to get 15 wishing wells across 16 worlds. In one world I won it 3 times in a row. At the moment stocking up for next daily wishing well. It should appear at least once.
I managed to get additional 105 wishing wells. Total: 120. Satisfied.:blush:
en5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113125

Please accept my apologies if this has been asked already, but how often are leagues calculated, or do the amounts needed for each adjust in real time depending on spending sports drinks?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
it did and because of that, it's snowing right now here in the south of Portugal hahaha
by the away, i fully agree with you
edit
i'm 17 days away from finishing the whole quest and my alter garden is only on level II:(
I got one fully leveled and that is about that ... i will finish even quests as i really have nothing to do to much ... as far as chance of geting a daily special ... hm ... it isn't really good ... geting 13 DS in Archeology an like maybe 2 or 3 in this one is ridiculous... maybe if they only balanced out better ... but i guess it is just to much to ask and expect lol

DeletedUser6065

Now let's see. A father gives his two kids both an equal size bag with candy. First kid eats all in a day. Second kid is more patient and only takes one or two sweets a day. Two weeks later he still has sweets, so the first kid starts to complain that the dad has not treated him fair, cause he has no sweets left. Is the dad to blame for this? . . . '
Yes, he is .
The doof shoulda had MOM give the candy to the ankle biters (in the kitchen - naturally).
Then - she has to listen to the whining and he can watch TV in peace (in the den, with the door closed - naturally).
Same principle. Inno gave out the candy . . .
. . . mk