• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

DeletedUser108379

...... I am plundering only because the Points, .....

There is no need at all to plunder because of points. Plundering does no give any points. Only winning the fight against the defence give points, if plunder after that or not has no influence on how many points you win. I know a lot of players that does attack but do not plunder.

The problem is, if you take away the plunder ability, no one will put any effort into the defence of the city. So no points when attacking a neighbour, which would be bad.

DeletedUser110179

And yes, the Real hardcore player are plundering ... but in the end, this is just a game, if you not enjoy it, then you can leave it.
Everybody can leave when they don't enjoy it (even hardcore players) ... much better that everyone can find a home here where they can grow and develop (from the best to the worst) .

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Yes, and everybody who does not like to be plundered can build, Deal Castle, Saint Basils Cathedral, Watchfire, Ritual flames and other special building what ther get in quest, BUT if someone is to lazy or not playing a lot of FOE, then will be plundered, accept that :)

If i attack for point, and spend much time to do that, then i will plunder or not, this is my decision.

And another thing. If you are a trader, you have goods buildings, if you are only attacker have barracks and of course plunder the needed goods for progress, but if you are both, then this is the best way :P
The strategy is yours.

DeletedUser111852

Since invading and winning a battle brings both points and possible plunder, I have nothing against that. What I do resent as a new player is that the is no beginner questline to set up city defenses. I discovered the 'guys in blue' in the army management after I was plundered the first time. Sure you build a hut, hunter as instructed and so forth but the military commander of the city does not give you any indication how to set up defenses or tell you what is possible to do with your troops. At most he tells you to recruit a troop or delete one.

Since no questline for PvP is provided, this results in cities not having defenses set. It is easy to plunder most cities as no newcomers know how to set the defenses. It also results in poor gaming experience and low winning combat points for newcomers as they battle the default two troops in a raid to plunder a city. On the other hand, if the city owner is plundered at low levels he might be discouraged to continue the game. I would propose additional questline tasks for the military commander, they might be for instance:
- set up your city defenses (explain troops are not slain in defense if someone attacks, there is no harm committing troops to defense)
- attack & plunder an enemy city for resources
- attack & plunder an enemy city for goods
- attack & plunder an enemy city for gold
- plunder x amount of resources
- plunder x amount of gold
- plunder x amount of cities
and so on.

The quests could start when you find the first PvP tower on the map and get progressively harder as you unlock more towers.

Thus, many problems solved, newcomer plunder rate drops, less discouraged players, more meaningful battles, more combat points, newcomers are introduced to one more integral aspect of the game. How about it?

DeletedUser110179

On the other hand, if the city owner is plundered at low levels he might be discouraged to continue the game.
Sometimes you need challenges that separate the sheep from the goats .

It's easy to spoonfeed all the newcomers like so many schooling systems ... and so remove any initiative and curiosity to learn and excel. FoE has provided a platform to extract greatness from every person that tackles this herculean challenge. Many will fall out along the wayside but those that remain will be the stronger and wiser for the experience. Schools should introduce FoE as part of the curriculum .

Not everyone is cut out for greatness .

DeletedUser12400

Attacking and plunder is part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component.

The player who is attacking you everyday, isn't doing any harm unless he/she is successful in plundering you. Houses and production buildings cannot be plundered if they are motivated, so try to build a big friends list and motivate/polish everyday. Your friends and guildmates(try to join a large guild) should reciprocate daily. This prevents anybody from plundering coin or supply. Now all you have to do is collect your goods and buildings that can't be motivated on time and you have nothing to worry about. Those buildings cannot be plundered until they are finished producing and if you're there to collect them at that time, nobody else can get them. Set the timing for every 24 hrs at bed time or something like that when you know you should have time to log in quickly and collect them. Then reset your timer for 24 hrs again and same thing the next night.

This is how the game is played, people attack you for points to compete in the PvP tower and this wins them medals which they use to expand their city. After they attack you successfully, they are given a chance to plunder from you some time in the next 24 hrs. This is an extra incentive the game gives to encourage PvP. Your defending army is automatically healed when the battle is over so the actual attack against you does no harm. It only earns the attacker some points for his/her PvP tower.

I can suggest to collect on time; try diplomacy; use city shield; get your buildings motivated; put your best defence ect.
Why not have worlds where you can't be plundered and worlds where you can?

This game has never been developed with the idea to have configurable worlds, and for all the good behind configurable worlds there's also a lot of bad.

DeletedUser110797

Those buildings cannot be plundered until they are finished producing and if you're there to collect them at that time, nobody else can get them. Set the timing for every 24 hrs at bed time or something like that when you know you should have time to log in quickly and collect them. Then reset your timer for 24 hrs again and same thing the next night.

There is an issue with this process. The rotation for fighting and plundering is 24 hours. Inevitably it takes half a minute or so to collect the produced goods. Consequently, each day's collection gets later and later until the collection time becomes inconvenient or impractical...............and then WHAM! the plunderer strikes. Just the nature of the game I'm afraid.

DeletedUser11930

with regards to this plundering i feel aggrieved by it why can someone return 12 hours after attacking you to plunder if they cannot do it upon original attack i believe they should not be able to return to so.
If this game has any hint of realism then in real life you could not just walk back into a city half a day after attacking and help yourself to anything you like unhindered.
The plundering feature needs changing , ie no plunder available when you attack then you cannot plunder for that day and when do we start punishing plkayers for war crimes ie plundering the more a player does it the more it should affect his cities happiness,productivity and troops fighting capability

DeletedUser108673

Whilst like any other person who plays this game i dont enjoy being plundered, its part of the game.
I rarely plunder myself although i do on occaisions , more as a response to getting plundered than an inital start.

The way i see it basically you start playing a game , a game that existed before you, then you start suggesting you dont like certain aspects and they should be removed? Maybe its just my logic but this seems ridiculous , Its like me lets say joining a football team and then suggesting i dont like the role goalkeepers play lets play football without goalkeepers.

DeletedUser105078

How many players do you think would chose the "no plunder" option, if my idea were implemented?

If only a small percentage chose it, there would not be a big difference to the game, but that small percentage might continue to play instead of quitting.

If a large percentage chose it, then one would have to question the usefulness of the plunder feature.

As I see it, there are lots of other aspects of the game to keep a "hard core" player busy without any need to plunder. There's GE, continent expansion, and GvG. It can take several hours to win a GvG sector, especially if you're doing it solo. Then there are other things one can do. I've spent lots of time just helping new players, writing guides for them, helping them plan their city, etc. And, of course, one can build cities in multiple worlds.

I love every other aspect of the game, I just can't stomach the intrusive nature of plundering. Don't tell me just to leave the game, I've been playing it for 3 years, I've bought lots of diamonds and spent lots of time on the game, I feel I have a right to voice my opinion and make my suggestions. Because I've had a social approach to the game rather than a conquest one, I've come in touch with a lot of people, ranging from young to old, casual to hard-core. And I can't help feeling that the plunder feature adds nothing good to the game. I have tried to come up with several ideas over the years, and I believe this idea is sound, and should not be dismissed off-hand.

DeletedUser108047

It adds nothing to the game for you - but it does for others... A game without risk is hardly worth playing.... The point @Cardena made above is correct - without a risk of plunder there would be no pvp defences...

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
SylverMoon: They will add another defensive GB, and then will be a lot more easy to repel attack for players, that not want spend much and effort in the game.

I cann tell you, if you do all necesarry things to protect your city, right now you cann do it in 95%. Is this not enough?

But yes, the player must think and act, not just complain, and this is the problem. You have yours city fate in yours hand, and cann protect right now, just its a little bit tricky :)

In life nothing isnt so easy, and in this game you must attack a little bit, almost all missions get in this way.

If they put that "no plunder" options to game, is like you set the game in "easy or god mode", you will be immortal, and thats a cheat in all games :)

DeletedUser111589

Yesterday I had a quest "win 10 battles". With your option enabled, I wouldn't be able to attack 5 players, let alone win 10 (GE has been passed as far as I can, map sectors are in HMA while I didn't unlock EMA troops).

And guess what reward I got for it...

Freaking 100 forge points (it was daily challenge)

Vesiger

Monarch
Yesterday I had a quest "win 10 battles". With your option enabled, I wouldn't be able to attack 5 players, let alone win 10
The quest was to win ten battles, not plunder ten cities.
So far as I can see, the proposal never mentioned preventing players attacking for points...

DeletedUser111589

The quest was to win ten battles, not plunder ten cities.
So far as I can see, the proposal never mentioned preventing players attacking for points...

Plundering is a reason of attacking. Remove plunder is therefore equal to remove attack. Besides, either way would take loads of coding. I doubt something like:

-if 'plunder setting turned off' plunder not available

Is enough of coding.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Plundering is a reason of attacking. Remove plunder is therefore equal to remove attack. Besides, either way would take loads of coding. I doubt something like:

-if 'plunder setting turned off' plunder not available

Is enough of coding.

And you will get a new game yes. This is not the right way, we are all agree.

Only maybe the players when starting playing this game, not know that fighting is must be in this game...maybe this info must be shared in learning progress on the begining when creating the new town.