• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
I'm a part-time plunderer. I don't have time to attack everyone, but I do go through my neighbourhood sometimes. If you're one of the lower players in the neighbourhood, you might get hit by me 1-3 times in a typical week, and if I get through your defences and there's nothing to plunder, I may or may not get back to check later. But I don't usually hammer people over and over again simply because I don't have the time.

I usually surrender battles where there's a tough defence. Even if I'm confident I could win, my army is not that large, and I can't really afford a lot of casualties. If you put up a good defence, chances are good I won't touch you.

I think a much better solution is to add a questline that guides new players in setting up their defence. It doesn't necessarily need to give tips in what makes a good defence, but it ought to tell them how to do it. I see a TON of people who are defending with two spearfighters. And I'm in EMA, so those two spearfighters are two ages obsolete... If everyone set a defence that consisted of ANY eight units of the current or even previous age, I would do a lot less plundering, as it would start to get expensive.

I've set a good defence, and while I've been attacked numerous times, I've only had my defences breached once, and that guy lost two rogues for his efforts. He hasn't attacked me again.

Set a good defence, and you'll be OK the vast majority of the time. Don't advance through the ages too quickly, though, you'll want some watchfires or other defensive bonuses before you run into people with multiple high-level attacking bonuses.

DeletedUser105078

Bah... 5th week reshuffle and I'm still with the same plunderer, I have 256% (yes, two hundred and fifty six percent) defence bonus but with the AI being so idiotic there's no way to have a sufficiently high defence. So that's 5 weeks of not producing, because I'll be darned if I'm going to waste time producing stuff for thieves. I'm sooooo fed up.

DeletedUser110179

So that's 5 weeks of not producing, because I'll be darned if I'm going to waste time producing stuff for thieves. I'm sooooo fed up.
This wont help you ... but it is a step in the right direction (to protect new players before they get obliterated) .

militarytacticstech.png

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Bah... 5th week reshuffle and I'm still with the same plunderer, I have 256% (yes, two hundred and fifty six percent) defence bonus but with the AI being so idiotic there's no way to have a sufficiently high defence. So that's 5 weeks of not producing, because I'll be darned if I'm going to waste time producing stuff for thieves. I'm sooooo fed up.
Yeah, one solution would be to improve the AI.

The only time my defenses were breached, someone attacked me with 7 rogues and one heavy cavalry unit. My stupid defenders went after the rogues and ignored the heavy cavalry. He lost two of them, but still took out all 8 of my units, and if I remember right he didn't have a particularly high attacking bonus.

I can't load the defending army with rogues, though, as attackers won't be that dumb.

As for not producing, perhaps an alternative would be to use the short productions. That way he only gets pennies. But really, isn't avoiding production hurting you more than him? He can only plunder one building in 24 hours, and you presumably have more than that.

DeletedUser105078

But really, isn't avoiding production hurting you more than him? He can only plunder one building in 24 hours, and you presumably have more than that.
No it isn't, because seeing anything plundered puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. So I'd rather avoid that.

I don't harm others and I will never play the victim either in a game or in real life. The plunder feature in the game is nothing like "sport" as somebody suggested; I don't mind one little bit if I lose a game of tennis to a friend.

But with plundering, I feel there is a malevolent human will that intrudes into my city to ruin my enjoyment of the game, and it doesn't give a brass razoo what that's going to be like for me.

LadyHecate

Major-General
You're very unlikely to stop a dedicated attacker especially if they know there'll be goodies to plunder. I regularly attack cities with 300+ defence with minimal losses and will attack 400+ defences knowing I'll lose a few troops if I know there's a good chance of a Palace or something similar to plunder.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
If someone plundering all players in hood, then will attack you even if you not have production. The plunderer are stoping ONLY if loosing to much units. So, you can only raise your defence bonus if you cannot take the fact that you were plundered.

So that 2 GB + watchfires. And you cann chose the tactics, that put units to be hard overcome OR units, with witch he will lose more units. But this depents from your era unit types.

Example: If you are in Contemporary Era, you cann put tanks (second best units) or 8 Missile Artilery that do damage to 1+3 units x 8 units...nice losses, but you WILL be plundered because this units have only 1 attack.
The best units are Generals, but you must have great defence boost, because otherwise you will be much more attacked because this unit give the most Attack points :)

Oh, and rotate every day your defences...its help IF you are not in CE and attacking with 1AAV+7rogue!

In CE will do iff you have when defensing, 30% attack and 250% def boost.

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
Example: If you are in Contemporary Era, you cann put tanks (second best units) or 8 Missile Artilery that do damage to 1+3 units x 8 units...nice losses, but you WILL be plundered because this units have only 1 attack.
The best units are Generals, but you must have great defence boost, because otherwise you will be much more attacked because this unit give the most Attack points :)

Oh, and rotate every day your defences...its help IF you are not in CE and attacking with 1AAV+7rogue!

In CE will do iff you have when defensing, 30% attack and 250% def boost.
Or advance in the storyline to get units of a later Age than your current one!
I'm in CE but have a 4xTF HoverTank, 3xTE StealthTank, and 1xTE Champion DA in my city. Combine that with well over 400+% defence (including SBC and DealC at level 10+) and you'll watch your "Great Wall of China" profile Achievement rapidly advance and any would-be plunderers crying!

DeletedUser110179

But with plundering, I feel there is a malevolent human will that intrudes into my city to ruin my enjoyment of the game, and it doesn't give a brass razoo what that's going to be like for me.
That be the truth ...

Story.jpg

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Another option would be to message all the other high-up people in your neighbourhood and ask them to attack the plunderer in exchange for FPs on the GB of their choice.

DeletedUser105078

OK, judging by the responses to this thread and the plundering indicator thread, this game is aimed at providing enjoyment for the hard-core players, leaving casual players in the lurch, making them cannon fodder for the hard-core players to have their fun. It's not a kind of game I want to play.

As I said, I have been playing it for over 3 years, I've spent money on it and invested a lot of time in it (though I did take a break after my mother passed away because when I got back after the funeral, hoping to get a bit of light relief from playing, I found my worlds plundered. So I stopped playing for a few months, until a guild mate contacted me via fb saying they missed me).

Anyway, once I've delegated all my guild responsibilities and explained to my 160 or so guild-mates why I'm leaving, I'll be out of your hair.

DeletedUser110179

Anyway, once I've delegated all my guild responsibilities and explained to my 160 or so guild-mates why I'm leaving, I'll be out of your hair.
In, is so much better than out ... you need a focus or reason to be here (to make it all worthwhile) .
It's not like going to the movies for a bit of light relief (People get burnt out here and lose the will to live).

Even without all the plundering, you don't seem to have a good reason to be here
(although we'ld much rather be in your hair than have you gone) .

Got the Whole World in your hands 200px.jpg

You've got the whole world in your hands .

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is, if you take away the plunder ability, no one will put any effort into the defence of the city. So no points when attacking a neighbour, which would be bad.
This is the real issue.
Is this a soft sim-city game, or is this a hard game of strategy and strife?

Inno say it is a game where attacking your neighbour and plundering is part of what happens. Any guild leader who knows these dangers but doesn’t guide new players accordingly is not leading his guild well.

If the ‘hood shuffles and you find yourself with the same antagonist, contact Support and ask to be moved. Since moving nuighbourhoods were intended to get over the problem of constant attacks, Support should be willing to move you away and I have understood that they will.

DeletedUser111815

I do quite a bit of plundering myself and I've been plundered in the past. I can understand why being plundered isn't fun, but it is part of the game and the better players set up defences that make me not want to attack them (as I'm losing too many rogues). Then again, if you get plundered by 1 player every 24 hours you miss out on 1 building. One. You have, what, 50? That is not a very big loss and if you time your collections nicely on a 24-hour clock you are likely to not lose anything at all. There are GBs especially designed for plundering, so this feature is here to stay. If you don't like it, then don't play the game.

DeletedUser105078

Plunder provides enjoyment for a few hard-core players at the expense of those who have less time to play, whose enjoyment is considered unimportant.

DeletedUser110297

as a person who is considering leaving the game due to serial plundering - i would suggest that turning off this feature would not be the best solution, however, like the idea that there are worlds where plundering & PvP are acceptable and non-PvP/Plunder worlds where those who simply want to play the game can do so without the detraction of being stolen from.

DeletedUser110297

Many people join the game because of the military component ... maybe less because of the plunder option
(although many plunderers have left the plunder profession in favour of more lucrative options) .

Plundering isn't always the most profitable profession. It's often a thankless task, akin to cleaning toilets or other dirty jobs
(but somebody has to do it) .

Many players have turned away from the military option entirely (to their detriment) .

If you swim in the sea it might benefit you to know that shark attacks are possible and take measures to mitigate that danger ...
rather than have every shark destroyed or promote an idea to remove their teeth (if that were possible).

Many players negotiate the entire GE and neglect their city defense in favour of rapid "economic" development.
It would be wise for "peaceful guilds" to inform their new members and newbies of the dangers of this neglect
(else you are indirectly responsible for them leaving the game when they do eventually get attacked).
It's a bit like going to a party but making yourself at home (as though you own the house) .

Getting plundered ... with catastrophic results ...
is a sure sign of an over-heated economy that has lost sight of the dangers of a one-sided development .

View attachment 13524

I have raised my defense/attack GB's to level 10 and more with signifigant defense in my town, however serial attacking/plundering players with units two or three eras beyond their current (and mine) era are impossible to defend/attack against. it's deflating to constantly be stolen from, especially when one can't always time play around work or real life. I've set timers, gotten up in the middle of the night and disrupted my work in attempts to circumvent the attacks, some success but mostly not. i enjoy the game, but rapidly losing interest owing to feeling the anxiety of having my gameplay disrupted by some inconsiderate, lazy players who choose to steal instead of produce. stealing isn't okay where i'm from - unsure why it's okay here.

DeletedUser110179

I enjoy the game, but rapidly losing interest owing to feeling the anxiety of having my gameplay disrupted by some inconsiderate, lazy players who choose to steal instead of produce. stealing isn't okay where i'm from - unsure why it's okay here.
Stealing is hard work for very little reward .

They may steal 10% of your output ... but I've never come across a rich thief.
It's like shoplifting ... they take a little but you grow much more.
It's more of an inconvenience (like rust) than a real threat to your ever-expanding empire.

Maybe you just need to focus on what you are gaining ... rather than worrying about the small amounts that you lose.

Gardner 300px.png

Water, weed and your garden will grow ... even if the insects steal a few mouthfuls too .

Last edited by a moderator: