• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Petition for the reinstatement of the guild Dragonstorm on Korch

• Thread starter DeletedUser107966
  • Start date

DeletedUser107966

Greetings

A couple of days ago, the guild Dragonstorm on Korch was dissolved. I am not party to the precise events that occurred, however I do know that the founder who dissolved the guild has been in very poor health recently and that this probably influenced her actions.

Dragonstorm was one of the oldest guilds on Korch, and it has disappeared in a few clicks of a mouse. Over three and a half years of work by hundreds of members past and present, hundreds of thousands of treasury goods donated, the millions of guild power points required to get the guild to the level it was at - poof, gone in seconds.

A whole bunch of players awoke a couple of days ago, and logged on to find their home was no more. Think about it, how it would feel if that happened to any of you. It would totally suck.

Many of the former Dragonstorm members have contacted Innogames support to see if the guild could be reinstated. The response from the support team was that, having reviewed the situation with the most senior community managers, it was impossible for them to be reinstated. They said in their message that they would if they could, but that a guild that has been dissolved is irretrievably gone.

I believe that to be true - the community managers cannot restore a guild. But I'm sure the devs could! Remember the time not so long ago whebn they discovered that some players were using a "loophole" to gain FP by constantly building & levelling Oracle of Delphi GBs? And how they removed levels from the GBs of players they thought were involved in that? They sure managed to alter things in the game then.

I am not a Dragonstorm member, and for a long time our guild was at war with them, but this is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I believe that the guild, with it's levels and treasury intact (but obviously without it's GvG sectors) should be reinstated.

I am asking for others to sign this petition to show their support, and for Innogames support staff to let the dev team know about this thread, so that those ex Dragonstorm members can get back what they lost.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

DeletedUser111359

I'd say that it comes down to who you ultimately think "owns" a guild. I'd say that the non-leader members aren't the ultimate owners, and the guild they are in exists at the whim of the owner/founder/leader. And if he has decided that it was time to move on, then so be it, and let this serve as a warning to people in other guilds. Make sure you have a good leader, who isn't likely to succumb to random whims. And if you don't trust your leader, then find a guild where you do.

DeletedUser107966

There was more than one founder in the guild, the founder who dissolved the guild was not the guild's overall leader.

I am of the opinion that it is way too easy for one player to dissolve a guild in a moment of madness, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Agent327

Overlord
A whole bunch of players awoke a couple of days ago, and logged on to find their home was no more. Think about it, how it would feel if that happened to any of you. It would totally suck.

Happened to me twice. It sucks, but what you do is gather the others and start from scratch again.

There was more than one founder in the guild, the founder who dissolved the guild was not the guild's overall leader.

I am of the opinion that it is way too easy for one player to dissolve a guild in a moment of madness, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Then they should not have made her a founder. It is a risk you take.

This is not the first guild to suffer this faith and it will not be the last. Responsibility for this is not Inno's, but the players. It happened. It is rediculous the devs should fix this and from previous experience I can assure you they never will.

DeletedUser112774

It's not Inno's responsibility, nor does the OP state that it is, they're just asking that Inno does it out of the kindness of their hearts. Surely we can subscribe to a little kindness? I can only imagine the heartache at finding years of play had vanished in a couple of clicks.

On a related note, it would be good of Inno to make sure that, if a guild has more than one founder, it takes at least two - or, better yet, a majority - acting in accordance to a) remove another founder's rights and b) completely delete a guild.

Agent327

Overlord
It's not Inno's responsibility, nor does the OP state that it is, they're just asking that Inno does it out of the kindness of their hearts. Surely we can subscribe to a little kindness? I can only imagine the heartache at finding years of play had vanished in a couple of clicks.

CM can't do it and it isn't a fault in the game. Why on earth should the devs need to fix this? Any idea how many worlds there are and how many times this happens?

On a related note, it would be good of Inno to make sure that, if a guild has more than one founder, it takes at least two - or, better yet, a majority - acting in accordance to a) remove another founder's rights and b) completely delete a guild.

You have a point there, but a guild starts out with 1 founder. If players decide the guild needs more founders, why should Inno be responsible for their choices? Part of the idea behind the game is you work together. If you screw that up you lose and you need to start again.

DeletedUser107966

CM can't do it and it isn't a fault in the game. Why on earth should the devs need to fix this? Any idea how many worlds there are and how many times this happens?

You have a point there, but a guild starts out with 1 founder. If players decide the guild needs more founders, why should Inno be responsible for their choices? Part of the idea behind the game is you work together. If you screw that up you lose and you need to start again.

To give more background, the guild was originally founded by the late husband of the founder who dissolved it. She is currently suffering severe health issues, and did so in a moment of madness. She is one of the ones trying to get Inno to reinstate the guild.

She stepped down as leader of the guild some months ago, and another member became a founder and the overall leader, but she had retained her position as founder. Dissolving the guild was not the wish of the other founder, or any other members.

DeletedUser114985

Many have a point above, but regardless of the hardline "NOs", i definitely support the devs allowing some kind of guild level reinstatement or revert status to the full core of that alliance members prior to the dissolve. I have had years of playing time in Korch and i sign the petition to reinstate in full if not at least guild level and a good portion of the guild treasury as it stood.
I am not, never was, nor plan to be in that guild, but believe the circumstances of this dissolve should be taken into account by the support team.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I have to admit when I heard Dragonstorm dissolved itself I laughed, it brought a smile to my day. They were quite the pain in the rear for the couple of years I liked playing GVG.

After hearing the story of why it dissolved I have mixed feelings. For me it all boils down to why PrinceArthur decided to delete her guild. For me DS will always be remembered as belonging to Rubenstorm. When he died his wife, PrinceArthur, took over as founder. Only PA and now the devs know her reasons. If it was an honest mistake i'd ask they be reinstated, without GVG sectors or Treasury, if she wanted the guild dissolved for personal reasons Inno needs to respect her wishes.

I don't want to sound cruel, but it doesn't matter how much time you have invested in a game, it can be taken away from you at any moment. I've played 5 online games in my time, my first went offline, the owner quit, my second I played 2 years and was banned for taunting the owner, my 3rd was another Inno game where I got burned out on, it was a true war game that had an end game and players were utterly destroyed on a daily basis. It was great. My 4th game I quit after a moderator with too much power deleted 90% of what I had, which included $1000s in rl cash value (roughly 500,000 unspent Diamonds). This is my 5th game and I have no plans of getting banned or quitting, to the dismay of some here, but if I did i'd just go looking for a new game to play...Basically i'm saying the members of Dragonstorm should accept their fate and find other guilds to join.

DeletedUser113628

Any decision made under the influence of medications, or pain, cannot be expected to be rational. I feel for members who have lost guilds with no recourse in the past, but this is no reason to keep the status quo. Perhaps there is something that can be done here to right a wrong, and help make something broken, whole again. I for one hope that there is something that can be done, and that in whole, or in part Dragonstorm can be saved. Thoughts with all members, and PA...good luck :)

DeletedUser98889

I would support the guild being remade back to its former level. It is possible, if policy changes, but policy does not often change to suit or assist the players. For once I would love to see some action taken on this, thinking of all the accidental deletions, one time courtesy replacements when you delete a building, what is different about a 1 time courtesy replacement of a guild level that then everyone that was there can rejoin? May not get all the GVG land back but that is not so important

DeletedUser113152

I personally have had no dealings with DS. however my heart goes out to the members. It should be up to them and not others as to whether the Guild is reinstated or not. If at least 50% of them petition Inno then Inno should at least have the decency to reinstate the guild return its treasury goods, return its guild power or a good % of it. It would cost Inno nothing and not affect other Guilds to do this. From what I have read above its not about whether you liked or didn't like DS its about decency and fairness. We play this game because we enjoy it not because we have to. The DS members should not be punished for a mistake that was outwith their control.

DeletedUser111034

This is my first ever post on the forums, perhaps an indication of how concerned I am about this development.

Bearing in mind recent changes to delete inactive accounts, it seems insane to me that the developers did not consider Guilds at the same time. There is no logic in allowing a Founder the power to delete a guild unilaterally. Guilds should only disband when the last member quits the guild, either through deliberate action or because their account is deleted due to inactivity.

I too would support the Guild being restored. More importantly, the legacy of this story and of this outpouring of community support should be a change to the code to make sure that this can never happen to another Guild. If that change is made then restoring this Guild would be a one-off task for the developers rather than something that might create a precedent they are pressured to follow for other disbanded Guilds.

Agent327

Overlord
To give more background, the guild was originally founded by the late husband of the founder who dissolved it. She is currently suffering severe health issues, and did so in a moment of madness. She is one of the ones trying to get Inno to reinstate the guild.

She stepped down as leader of the guild some months ago, and another member became a founder and the overall leader, but she had retained her position as founder. Dissolving the guild was not the wish of the other founder, or any other members.

How sad it might be, devs have nothing to do with it. Every country server is run by a CM and if that person can not do it no one can. I have seen this happen several times and it was never possible to reinstate the guild. No matter what the reason was.

DeletedUser109903

I support the petition, I think it is not fair that the work of years from so many players will be destroyed by an unintentional error or an accident like this.

Emberguard

Legend
The oracle of Delphi was a bit different. They'd only need to look at adjusting the formula for what the contributions were/received and the system would do the rest

To restore your guild they'd need a record of what the guilds state was at the time. Cups won, goods in the treasury and what the lvl was

I'd love to see the guild restored, but depending on how the system handles the deletion of a guild, the info necessary for any kind of restoration may simply have ceased to exist

An alternative solution: Advertise on the global chat that you're looking for a guild to replace your guild that is able to be handed over completely. One that's already got a foundation but ready to be abandoned. Re-naming it would be easy enough and you can attempt to contact anyone from your old guild if you have any PMs still with the old members in them

DeletedUser113033

support to poor homeless korch crew.....ok, seriously, accidental deletion of some building cannot be compared to this situation and smt should be done about it....
suggestion: somebody should make "a new idea" to change current founder rights system so it would prevent a single person (founder) to dissolve a guild....all founders must click self-destruction button for effect....similar like launching nukes;)
and then if guilds still have only one founder....well, bad luck...

DeletedUser114991

I am in favour of the reinstatement of Dragonstorm on the grounds that. It seems to me that because of the actions of just one member of a guild, that all the other members whom have invested so much time and effort building the guild into a well respected and top guild in the game.
I feel that it is very unfair on all the other players, and seriously believe that the game needs to change the code so that it is not possible for one member of a guild to disband it. A guild should only disband when the very last member leaves. I see no other reason than having no members left for any guild to be disbanded. This is not about game / world politics, it is about the fairness to all other members of the guild. I am a guild leader and i have had to be very careful what members i can give founder privilages to. I was in a situation where i was sole founder left and if anything happened to me or i accidentlly hit a wrong option i could leave my very good members without a guild. This seems to be a ridiculous position to be in, and it should not be allowed to happen.
As far as i am concerned the world of Korch and the game is in much worse position because of the actions of one member who may have been acting out of character whilst heavily medicated.
Inno this is a very special set of circumstances and i believe that the only fair way for you to proceed is to allow Dragonstorm to be brought back, all be it with out the sectors they have taken in GvG. They have spent years building up a good treasury, and it is unfair to see all that hard work lost.