• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Petition for the reinstatement of the guild Dragonstorm on Korch

• Thread starter DeletedUser107966
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
Well no they can't. Even if they wanted to it wouldn't be the same guild, it'd be a new guild with a bunch of "you've been around for X years we think this is the amount of resources would be in the treasury" at best of "we think you should be this lvl"

It's never going to be a proper restoration as that data doesn't exist anymore.

Shad23

Emperor
best thing to do now is find an idea to change how a guild get's deleated maybe add somthing like democracy

DeletedUser100832

Well no they can't. Even if they wanted to it wouldn't be the same guild, it'd be a new guild with a bunch of "you've been around for X years we think this is the amount of resources would be in the treasury" at best of "we think you should be this lvl"

It's never going to be a proper restoration as that data doesn't exist anymore.

I'd be surprised if it really does not exist. You'd think there is a historic database on their servers somewhere, unless their database management is a lot worse than I thought.

As a general rule, it is good practice to save deleted objects for a time, in the case the person deleting them has a change of mind. Not exactly hard, just a set of numbers defining the parameters of the guild. Good customer service, that's all.

Agent327

Overlord
I'd be surprised if it really does not exist. You'd think there is a historic database on their servers somewhere, unless their database management is a lot worse than I thought.

Does it matter? They stated they can not do it. What do you expect them to do now if you are right? Say they lied and fix it?

As a general rule, it is good practice to save deleted objects for a time, in the case the person deleting them has a change of mind. Not exactly hard, just a set of numbers defining the parameters of the guild. Good customer service, that's all.

It is good practice, but it this case there is no reason for it. Guilds come and go. Why keep track of that?

Emberguard

Legend
yeah keeping a backup of guilds that currently exist would make sense and something they likely have.

Keeping back ups of guilds you've deleted however would be a waste of resources for something intended to be a permanent removal. It's more likely there'd be a update to the backup with the deletion and creation of guilds to what is current then for them to keep deleted guilds in the back up servers

DeletedUser114563

But on this instance it was deleted by the founder without consulting all his members which is unexceptable by any standards, so Inno could easily reinstate the guild to it's previous state, remove the founder and send a message out to all the members asking for a vote to whom they wanted to inherit the Founder status, obviously too much inconvenience to them :(

Agent327

Overlord
But on this instance it was deleted by the founder without consulting all his members which is unexceptable by any standards, so Inno could easily reinstate the guild to it's previous state, remove the founder and send a message out to all the members asking for a vote to whom they wanted to inherit the Founder status, obviously too much inconvenience to them :(

So it they say technically they can't, but there is a good reason to do so anyhow, they all of a sudden technically can??????

lol - round & round & round we go where we stop - who could know -

Have you all created a new guild yet and give it the name you all had before? No! - What are you waiting for? Do it - all join it and start the recovery process -

It takes very little time to grow 30 levels - If all of your members were as good as you think they were.

DeletedUser114563

I'm on level 30 ( Arvahaal - my most advanced world ) after 4 years :(

Emberguard

Legend
@cfpedro that guild, how many players have multiple Hall of Fames? Are any of them modern era or further? How active was that guild in GvG? How many complete GE Lvl 2 every week? How many Lvl 4?

When it comes to Dragonstorm they were a GvG guild from what I gather in this threads responses. A very active GvG guild across all ages could go up a lvl in a day early on if they really wanted.

DeletedUser114563

We don't do GvG in my worlds.
Still it's not nice to lose everything especially your guild stocks :(

I'm on level 30 ( Arvahaal - my most advanced world ) after 4 years :(

I can guarantee that some guilds create a guild a move it many levels in under a month - I've seen it happen. If the old guild was filled with a lot of lower age, less powerful players than the ones that built it up - oh well then - it's over - on the other hand if the guild was made up of power players they will recover quickly - Wasting weeks waiting for re-instatement - is just that wasting weeks.

DeletedUser114563

All in perspective.
Not what the initial post is about, it's about Inno reinstating the guild which means that probably afterwards they would have to make changes to the program so that something like this doesn't happen again and obviously that doesn't suit their diamond selling priority budget of displaying continuous dialogues, popping up telling you what bargains they offer you when spending your precious bucks on buying their cheap ( expensive ) diamonds :(

DeletedUser107966

In response to all the questions regarding Dragonstorm, yes they were a GvG focused guild. I'm not sure exactly what level they were at, but given that they were solidly top 10 and sometimes top 5 for a couple of years I'm guessing that they were at least high 40s. Earlier this year, after constant battling for a long time, they made the decision to withdraw from fighting for a time, rest up and build the treasury. I'm told by the co-founder of the player who dissolved the guild that it was above 100k goods in many eras.

DeletedUser653

Dragonstorm data at the time they were dissoved on 2nd August and i can even provide a full list of players at the time.
DRAGONSTORM
Rank 13
Prestige
Level 47

I suspect INNO does have a back up system like any decent company but because this happens many times a year they will not be willing to do anything due to the extra work load and problems that trying to reinstate a guild after 8 days would cause.
I feel for you guys I really do as Surge did the same thing to my first guild and then hoped into the #1 guild in EN1 at the time saying our guild was getting lazy so he deleted Alchemists, but we moved to out sister guild Alchemists Academy and them merged with Fire & Ice to create Alchemists of Fire and we are now L65 and #1 in EN1, so it is possible to come back.

I suspect the only good out of this is if we can all agree a better way to manage the deletion of a guild.

DeletedUser4727

Hello all,

For the most part, the questions have been answered. For clarity, I don't have the facility to re-instate deleted guilds. It isn't a log we have access to, no. The likelihood is yes, this data is stored on a server backup, but I don't know personally what it would take to restore the guild. I suspect that the process would require restoring the data back to a point prior to the dissolving of the guild, and then manually recreating the guild. This isn't something that is going to happen, I'm afraid. Dedicating dev resources to correcting something which was for all intents and purposes, an intentional act, and not a fault in the game's code, isn't going to happen. As a few have said, this has happened countless times over the years, and making an exception would be unfair to all who have had the request rejected in the past.

If this was a bug, or similar, we'd be having a completely different conversation, but it isn't, so we aren't. This is both a case of technical feasibility, and policy at stake. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't technically feasible (at least, I would suspect so, I don't know precisely how our data backups work and what options would be technically open to us). I'd also be lying if I said it was something that is going to be considered.

Thanks

Richard
CM

DeletedUser111359

Not to mention all the other problems that would come with going to a backup to reinstate it. What about every other action everyone on that server has taken since the guild was dissolved? Do those all get rolled back as well? What effect does that have on the event that's timed to finish on a particular day, if you do that?

Before you say that no, it's just re-instating the guild, what about all the guild's assets? If it was a GvG guild, it must have had a presence on the map. Now you're talking about picking and choosing which "assets" to reinstate (treasury) and which not to (map).

What about people that have accepted that the guild is gone, and joined other guilds? Do they get forced out of new homes, and back into the guild they've given up for dead?

"Just reinstate the guild" is a non-trivial problem with a ton of moving parts all of which require tons of decisions to be made by someone.

It's gone. Time to work on acceptance, and move past bargaining and anger...

DeletedUser110327

There is an easy fix to prevent a recurrence. If you delete a city it takes 7 days and can be cancelled. The mechanics are already in play, so it should be possible to put a guild on a 7 day timer which can be cancelled within that time. Easy fix.

Agent327

Overlord
There is an easy fix to prevent a recurrence. If you delete a city it takes 7 days and can be cancelled. The mechanics are already in play, so it should be possible to put a guild on a 7 day timer which can be cancelled within that time. Easy fix.

Cancelled by who, George?

The person that deleted the Guild?