• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: New Guild Level Reward: Free (bonus) Goods Per Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser99363

+1 Option A for sure, that is a great idea Alex. time reduction -1 that would mess up my timing

But i did notice the GVG level ends at lvl 50 adn some are almost up to level 25 or halfway, albeit it takes longer per level so Gvg launche in Feb i think.5 months, so perhaps in 9 or 10 months some Guilds will be at 50 then this idea would get implememnted, because i don't think they would change what is show from lvl 1 thru 50, but again Inno has made changes before as we know

DeletedUser7719

They will probably continue the levels after fifty (either by the constant changes that have been happening, or the way GBs work and make almost no significant change after "max level")

DeletedUser

+1 on the increased goods but don't put in the reduced times. Great suggestion, thank you for sharing it. :)

DeletedUser

Obviously idea A is the way to go here. Idea B may as well be removed.

Hippo, or any other blues/comma, can we go ahead and rename the title to just:

New Guild Level Reward: Free (bonus) Goods Per Production

Or does anyone have a better idea for the topic of this topic?

After the title change, i'll edit the OP to remove idea B.

DeletedUser

I don't think option B should be removed because there is a chance someone might raise a good point to support it. Also it's not really hurting anyone by being there except the tiny bit of extra reading...

DeletedUser

I think we've done just the opposite, and proven plenty of reason as to why idea B would not work.

Added a second visual aid to show the goods production screen :)

DeletedUser12400

+1
ZT0u31o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I like the idea but disagree with the balance of it. Adding 1 to each gives a bigger advantage to those that use the 4 hour option over others. Now I know there already is an advantage to the 4/8 hr ones over the 1 day and 2 day ones but this makes that advantage larger. I'd rather it add +1/+2/+4/+6 to keep each production option in balance.

Assuming it bumps up every 10 levels you end up with a level 50 boost looking like this:

4 hr = 5 + 5
8 hr = 10 + 10
1 day = 20 + 20
2 day = 30 + 30

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me also on this idea - goods are essential for GvG and why shouldn't the goods producers get a reward/helping hand, just as the fighters do?

One potential drawback of this idea is that it would make it easier for guilds with members in higher ages to compete in the lower age provinces (those that their guild goods producing GBs aren't producing the goods for). This is of course an upside for those guilds, but a downside for the lower age guilds with no or few guild goods producing GBs.

Like Tankovy I also feel that there should be a higher bonus for the longer production times, though byeordie makes a good point, so I'm kinda torn on that one lol

DeletedUser99588

One potential drawback of this idea is that it would make it easier for guilds with members in higher ages to compete in the lower age provinces (those that their guild goods producing GBs aren't producing the goods for). This is of course an upside for those guilds, but a downside for the lower age guilds with no or few guild goods producing GBs.

I don't really understand what GB's producing goods has to do with the OP's idea. Wasn't the idea just for goods buildings hence the discussion of extra goods per 4h, 8hr, 1 day and 2 day time slots.

As far as it being easier for higher age players competing in lower age provinces that is already the case with the ability to trade goods down and a higher chance of them having greater attack boosts.

GvG hasn't been designed to be fair to new players.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! Couple of points I'd like to comment on from recent responses:

I like the idea but disagree with the balance of it. Adding 1 to each gives a bigger advantage to those that use the 4 hour option over others. Now I know there already is an advantage to the 4/8 hr ones over the 1 day and 2 day ones but this makes that advantage larger. I'd rather it add +1/+2/+4/+6 to keep each production option in balance.

Assuming it bumps up every 10 levels you end up with a level 50 boost looking like this:

4 hr = 5 + 5
8 hr = 10 + 10
1 day = 20 + 20
2 day = 30 + 30

Initially after reading this, my thought were that it's always been that the shorter production times offer more goods in the long run over the longer times, so I was thinking I disagree with your proposition. However, after doing the math, your numbers still reward shorter production times. I'm torn here, because i'm afraid the devs wouldn't entertain this idea if we proposed too much of a bonus. But if you stick to the bonuses at level 10, 20, 30, etc...and then plug in your values, I actually think it's a pretty fair earning. if anything, maybe make it level 15 gets the first goods bonus, then level 25, then level 30 or 35, etc.

So good idea/feedback, appreciate that.

+1 from me also on this idea - goods are essential for GvG and why shouldn't the goods producers get a reward/helping hand, just as the fighters do?

Like Tankovy I also feel that there should be a higher bonus for the longer production times, though byeordie makes a good point, so I'm kinda torn on that one lol

I've got the same view as thanatos here. I don't think this bonus gives any more of an advantage than the higher age players already have. It's pretty easy for those players to acquire low age goods quickly, and have several ways of doing so (trading down, filling their huge town with goods buildings, not to mention many already had/have huge stocks of lower age goods). In addition, higher attack/def bonuses majorly help.

GvG hasn't been designed to be fair to new players.

I have a problem with this statement. I agree the newer players are at a disadvantage when they first start playing/first reach iron age and can participate in GvG. But is that really so unfair? Why should a new player be able to come in and do as well as a player that has been playing for a long time? Same is true for a newly formed guild or a guild that's been around a while, but is just starting to get their footprint in GvG. Why should that new guild have as much/more of an advantage as a guild that has been putting so much work and effort into GvG for a long time? I think they should have to work just as hard and long as the other guilds had to. A well organized guild, despite how new they are, can successfully land and make their mark in GvG just as well as any other. For anyone active in Arvahall, we all saw the guild B00TCAMP do just that in IrA. Despite how irritated other guilds got with them, everyone had to admit they succeeded in IrA due to good organization and strategic planning.

on top of all that, I think the devs have actually balanced things well so that higher age players/guilds don't get a mega advantage overall in GvG even though it's much easier for the to go in and kick romp easily in earlier ages. The earlier ages are worth much less, and are therefore less attractive for highers players/guilds to compete in (unless it's out of complete boredom). So yes, it may be easier for them, but the fact that it's less attractive means most guilds won't sacrifice a whole lot to be all that active on the earliest age maps, leaving room for newer players/guilds to make their mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.