• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: New Guild Level Reward: Free (bonus) Goods Per Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2989

What's wrong with rewarding the active with more? :p

My issue is that activity is already rewarded and this in the original idea further increases the reward of activity when it really should just be rewarding players for their guilds level. I acknowledge that the decrease to training/healing time rewards active players over non active ones but it is that reason that I find it a difficult benefit to like and it definitely is not one I "look forward to" when trying to help my guild level (because I don't want to increase my activity to take advantage of the time decrease).

Initially after reading this, my thought were that it's always been that the shorter production times offer more goods in the long run over the longer times, so I was thinking I disagree with your proposition. However, after doing the math, your numbers still reward shorter production times. I'm torn here, because i'm afraid the devs wouldn't entertain this idea if we proposed too much of a bonus. But if you stick to the bonuses at level 10, 20, 30, etc...and then plug in your values, I actually think it's a pretty fair earning. if anything, maybe make it level 15 gets the first goods bonus, then level 25, then level 30 or 35, etc.

So good idea/feedback, appreciate that.

I proposed the slight change because to me it makes the bonus given out by the guild leveling fair to goods producers of all types in the guild. You may be right and they may prefer a guild level reward that yet again rewards the more active (see response to byeordie for current example) but they also might not want to increase the current bias (in goods production times) as guild level increases (never know with Inno). What I suggested retains the original bias towards active players that they put in place so you'd think they would have no problem. As for what levels you get the rewards at... it's hard to say without knowing if they are uncapping guild level or not. I'm sure they'd be able to find a way to space out the rewards in their existing 50 levels so that you don't get too many rewards when you reach any 1 level. A 10-15 level spacing between the "Goods boost" like you have suggested would be fine. :)

DeletedUser7719

Well, army recruitment time is only cut-down by 2% every four levels, so an increase in by 20% in goods would equate to about every 32 levels. That is why I say that it should be just a plain +1 every 8-12 levels, so that it stays proportional to any other advantage we get (and be applied to good-producing GBs too since who knows if it's easier to code this bonus with or without them)

DeletedUser

If somehow this was ever implemented, I wouldn't see it as much of a stretch to incorporate this bonus into GBs as well. I say this because the decreased unit production time bonus is also incorporated into GB (alcatraz). Nice idea, too.

But yeah, i'm really torn regarding the actual amount of extra goods earned. I totally see both sides (byeordie/mine and tank's) pros and cons. I wouldn't mind either, honestly. Obviously we would all prefer to see tank's, as it would earn us significantly more. Realistically, however, I see mine/byeordie's having more of a shot with the dev's actually considering this idea.

On another note....what's it take to get this moved to "popular"? All +1's and a pretty good amount of responses/views and feedback...much more than many others in popular. Honestly, not asking for "self promotion" for the reason that it was my idea - but because I really would love to see this implemented, as it would benefit everyone (that earns it of course).

DeletedUser

On another note....what's it take to get this moved to "popular"? All +1's and a pretty good amount of responses/views and feedback...much more than many others in popular. Honestly, not asking for "self promotion" for the reason that it was my idea - but because I really would love to see this implemented, as it would benefit everyone (that earns it of course).

At the moment the Ideas section is in the process of being reorganised, so it requires time on the part of the moderators responsible for this section to do the prefixes and move the threads. There are quite a few that need sorting out....

DeletedUser2989

Well, army recruitment time is only cut-down by 2% every four levels, so an increase in by 20% in goods would equate to about every 32 levels. That is why I say that it should be just a plain +1 every 8-12 levels, so that it stays proportional to any other advantage we get (and be applied to good-producing GBs too since who knows if it's easier to code this bonus with or without them)

But adding 1 every 8-12 levels still adds 20% to goods production, it's just that you have to use the 4 hour production to get the 20% boost, if you don't have the time to collect every 4 hours you get penalised and only get a 10% or 5% boost at the same guild level. Once you reach +5 for each you end up with a 100%/50%/25%/16.6% boost depending on which time option you pick.

Also when it comes to the comparison of troops vs goods, GvG needs a lot more goods than troops. So logically you'd need a better % boost to goods than you would for troops at the same point.

Last when it comes to applying this to GB's, do they really need it? GB's have unlimited levels and thus potential for very large sums of goods. I wouldn't oppose it but I don't think it's needed.

Edit: Just noticed the OP only considers "boosted" goods production buildings, would the guild boost also apply to unboosted goods buildings? Which adding 1 to each option would produce a % boost of 500%/250%/125%/83.3%. Even with it you would still be better off producing your boosted goods but still something to be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

I have a problem with this statement. I agree the newer players are at a disadvantage when they first start playing/first reach iron age and can participate in GvG. But is that really so unfair? Why should a new player be able to come in and do as well as a player that has been playing for a long time? Same is true for a newly formed guild or a guild that's been around a while, but is just starting to get their footprint in GvG. Why should that new guild have as much/more of an advantage as a guild that has been putting so much work and effort into GvG for a long time? I think they should have to work just as hard and long as the other guilds had to. A well organized guild, despite how new they are, can successfully land and make their mark in GvG just as well as any other. For anyone active in Arvahall, we all saw the guild B00TCAMP do just that in IrA. Despite how irritated other guilds got with them, everyone had to admit they succeeded in IrA due to good organization and strategic planning.

on top of all that, I think the devs have actually balanced things well so that higher age players/guilds don't get a mega advantage overall in GvG even though it's much easier for the to go in and kick romp easily in earlier ages. The earlier ages are worth much less, and are therefore less attractive for highers players/guilds to compete in (unless it's out of complete boredom). So yes, it may be easier for them, but the fact that it's less attractive means most guilds won't sacrifice a whole lot to be all that active on the earliest age maps, leaving room for newer players/guilds to make their mark.

I didn't say the devs got it wrong just that GvG hasn't been designed to be fair to new players. As you quite rightly state there are valid reasons why this might be the case. This is true in many aspects of the game and part of the game is to overcome these difficulties and persevere until you can compete on a more even basis. Neighbourhoods are a classic model for this as even though you might find yourself at the bottom of one normally there will be many low active players in a neighbourhood so you can progress your way up and past them in time.

Its not easy and you can find yourself being plundered for a while but high activity and perseverance will win out in the end.

DeletedUser7719

I'm getting a bit tired on arguing which one is better or more fair or easier, so I'm just going to drop out now and let the devs decide if they consider it

DeletedUser

I like this idea as it stands, to bad it's such an old idea that doesn't see to be going anywhere anymore.

DeletedUser104843

-1 from me Im afraid.

if you do this then all you are doing is allowing the masive guilds that allready own most of the maps a means to get more goods faster and tighten their grip on the map. it will make it even more impossible for smaller and new guilds to play GvG.
All the idea's I tend to see that get the most plus ones are those that actually make it easier for big guilds to get even stronger. Come on guys GvG has become Stale and stagnant withe every map just sitting still and no action. try coming up with idea's that will actually get things moving again. Just looked at the Te GvG map in 4 worlds and allready the entire map is divided up between the usual guilds. its now just a waiting game while they gather up the empty sectors. this idea will just allow them to do it even faster.

as i said, -1

DeletedUser96901

one question:
if someone has a bonus do I get the extra goods if I plunder his building

DeletedUser2989

That's a good question and I'd suspect the answer would be yes... I mean you don't have to have the boost for the goods they are building to plunder 5 goods from their 4 hour production. So you'd think you don't need their guild level to get the boosted number of goods they are making.

DeletedUser16126

Another proposal to make strong guilds even stronger.
Basically this would give the guilds that do not need extra goods get even more goods,
while people in the lower guilds are still struggling in collecting their goods before they get robbed.
Is this a game for the Top 10 guilds or is this a game for many more people...?
Big -1 from me.
But of course this section is mainly consulted by bigger players, so they are pushing to get more, while lower players are hardly involved here...

DeletedUser99588

Another proposal to make strong guilds even stronger.
Basically this would give the guilds that do not need extra goods get even more goods,
while people in the lower guilds are still struggling in collecting their goods before they get robbed.
Is this a game for the Top 10 guilds or is this a game for many more people...?
Big -1 from me.
But of course this section is mainly consulted by bigger players, so they are pushing to get more, while lower players are hardly involved here...

We were all lower players once. The top guilds do have the greater advantage but they also have to try and maintain interest which can be difficult when many of their players have been in the game for 2-3 years. Apathy within their guilds can be their greatest threat rather than other guilds.

So help them out and go and attack them. Give their players something to do :)

DeletedUser99445

-1 from me....plenty of Goods already available from different sources in the game such as looping quests, GB's etc etc.
Totally against this but nicely presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.