• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mobile Video Ads A/B Test II Feedback

I hate the ads like everyone else, and they have changed the whole feel of the game for me. The oil drums are ugly and unless I watch the ads are stuck there - a feature to remove them without watching the ads would be at least respectful. This game is no longer the escape from everything it has been for the last few years which is something that has been really valuable in my life. I'm fighting the urge to leave the game (daily and overall) that these intrusions have created in me because I have put so much time and effort into these cities, but I'm definitely less enthusiastic than I was. If you do follow through on your threats to kill GBG I will be very likely to stop playing though, as there are so many negative changes going on. You had created an awesome game here and its very sad that you've sold out and seem to be "self-destructing" now. I'm assuming that those who created the game are not the same people now trying to ruin it, and Inno is now the enemy of the game in all meaningful ways. So thanks to those who created it, and shame on those who are killing it.

The ads should be made to be Un-Obtrusive - as it stands - the ads are Very Intrusive.
Anything that has Obtrusive components to it, destroys the User Experience.

Is this what the game owners are going for? It seems to be an All Out Attempt to squeeze the last few drop of cash blood from the game before it is canned!

The tips themselves should be a great starter of info for you guys.
1st, Don't suffocate the user experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just had a video ad to accelerate build time in the settlement, and was stupid enough to click it...
I sat through the full advert, only to be "rewarded" by a message that the build time for this building cannot be accelerated, and that this was "Good to know" .

Actually, that's not even a little bit "Good to know" ... If you subject players to this level of advertising, you REALLY should not take the p#ss on top.
I did the same thing out of curiosity, timer didnt change after the add was finished ‍

Pocket DBA

Private
It is something that happens in the cultural settlements. Those construction buildings can not be boosted. They are looking in to this.
Thoroughly tested before implementation then. The simply solution is to not implement a feature the users didn’t ask for or want. Unless of course you are trying to eliminate the player base before canning what used to be one of if not the best games out there. Inno listen to us, we don’t want this, solve you problems a different less intrusive fairer way

Knight of ICE

Thoroughly tested before implementation then. The simply solution is to not implement a feature the users didn’t ask for or want.roblems a different less intrusive fairer way

Look at the topic title This is a test.If you want to know why, just read the announcement on A/B testing.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Problem with the announcement is it's been copied and pasted onto the live servers and it doesn't appear anybody doing that thought to read what was posted or edit it.

"The following changes will be tested within a randomly selected player group on the BETA market first before becoming generally available"

Which implies its a test on BETA and not live servers infact it makes no mention of being released on live servers anywhere. Anybody getting the ingame message and heading here to read the announcement could easily have thought it was for information purposes and then suddenly logged on to adverts where there previously wasn't.

Pocket DBA

Private
Look at the topic title This is a test.If you want to know why, just read the announcement on A/B testing.
Knights perhaps you should read forwandert’s response. If this is a test it’s on the live production servers, and clearly wasn’t (as i said) thoroughly tested in development before going anywhere near the live servers. That was my point, and after many years in a role making sure we pass an audit on amongst other things proper change control, and proper testing I do understand the difference.

make your premium / forge plus whatever £5.99 / month with adds or £9.99 to remove all adds
I agree with Grim on this. The Forge plus benefits need to be a cheaper effective monthly way of removing crates and ads.
Despite all the negative ad posts here it is unlikely that Inno will completely drop ad implementation so we as players would have a better chance being listened to if we give Inno a clearer idea of what players might watch an ad for and how it might be implemented. (e.g. automation of visit taverns?)
Initially ads were supposed to be linked to "aid all" only but we have recently learned that Inno want to link them to many other things making them more intrusive into the game; this is overkill and needs to be moderated.
A/B testing on live servers should also be limited so that no random group gets benefits or more ads than any other for more than a week!
Sadly, the online games industry trend of making the game worthwhile for free to play is a dying trend and only those who P2W are top of the leaderboards, watching unintrusive ads might help those who can not afford to pay.

Pocket DBA

Private
give an inch they take a mile. Just because the play advert button is pressed doesn’t meant I’m actually looking and listening. In fact I’m more like doing something else (drinking, chatting to friends, eating etc). So what Inno is doing is pulling the wool over the advertisers eye telling them look we had 1 million views of your ad, where in reality it’s 1 million button presses and then doing something else for 30-60 seconds whilst the intrusive game experience ruining ad is playing

Last edited:
give an inch they take a mile. Just because the play advert button is pressed doesn’t meant I’m actually looking and listening. In fact I’m more like doing something else (drinking, chatting to friends, eating etc). So what Inno is doing is pulling the wool over the advertisers eye telling them look we had 1 million views of your ad, where in reality it’s 1 million button presses and then doing something else for 30-60 seconds whilst the intrusive game experience ruining ad is playing
Yeah, most likely not many players actually "watch" the ads. They do something else while they run. And even fewer players purchase something from the advertisers. If any at all.
I suppose the point is not to make players actually "watch" ads and purchase stuff from the advertisers. The point is to make players pay to get rid of the ads.

Nalym

Private
If I test something on production environment my boss kicks my *** soundly and rightly...
Strange that the same does not happen here, because I never played on BETA server but I saw the ADs anyway....

BTW I do not agree with what Grim86 said. AD removal should be either free for who bought diamonds or eventually should be a one-time purchase only, and it should be available for a fair price, not more than 10$/€, which is already a theft for everyone who bought diamonds.

ah and nice to see that there is no mentioning ADs in the announcements for the next patch... a lot of care for the players, I see.

BTW I do not agree with what Grim86 said. AD removal should be either free for who bought diamonds
Strangely enough I have been giving Ad removal some thought with diamond purchase so a way to buy a tradeable Forge plus pack with diamonds could work in addition to purchasing them direct from the shop.
The only problem with that may be if some veterans are already hoarding masses of diamonds so that they would never have to pay; even so a tradable game economy if done right could benefit Inno and add a great new dimension to the game.

RTSFirebat

Private
Strangely enough I have been giving Ad removal some thought with diamond purchase so a way to buy a tradeable Forge plus pack with diamonds could work in addition to purchasing them direct from the shop.
The only problem with that may be if some veterans are already hoarding masses of diamonds so that they would never have to pay; even so a tradable game economy if done right could benefit Inno and add a great new dimension to the game.

That won't help at all, cause all it means is you first have to convert your cash into premium currency and then buy the subscription. Which is even worse.

The subscription is way too expensive

Last edited:

Pocket DBA

Private
£28.99 per month just to avoid ads on everything. Quests, incidents, castle points bonus, aid all and my favourite building speed ups (tested so thoroughly they didn’t spot there was no speed up after watching the ad)

My fellow players. £28.99 per month are you prepared to pay or are you more likely play a different game from a different company?

Inno. Most people didn’t have that much before the energy crisis, let alone now. Change your heart or show your true callous colours.