• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mobile Video Ads A/B Test II Feedback

Malynn

Corporal
The addition of Ads on the automatic Aid/Polish function is having a detrimental effect on the game. since the introduction of the Ads I have noticed a significant reduction of Friends & Neighbours who are Aiding and visiting Taverns. players can’t be bothered to watch Ads so are not Aiding and visiting Taverns. Some Quests therefore will be much harder to complete, or even impossible.

X the Plague

Private
The best feedback is a vote by legs in this case. Send my best wishes to that marketing genius who came up with the idea. I won't continue to play FoE due to the last changes... both the ads and especially the gating of the event buildings behind the paywall are just not worthy of my time/engagement. GE got finished, goods were transferred to guild treasuries, and guilds dropped. Few days I will log on to dump stored fps on friends' GBs and off I am.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Sadly, it's very probable that Inno really don't care if long time players up and leave.
Like insurance companies, they are after new blood. New players that will enter the game knowing things will cost real money or that they will have to watch ads and they'll be prepared to spend, if only for a short time.
Us old timers are set in our ways, we don't like massive changes, we like it how it was. We'll moan and groan but I'd be very surprised if anyone's listening.

Br00kin

Private
The ads for the incident chests is acceptable but adding ads on aid/polish/motivate is just awful. The aid all was added as a quality of life improvement and now you may as well taken them away because people won't watch ads on the whole.

Another point I'd like to make is that I will NEVER, Ever play a game I have seen on an ad. I will also now NEVER buy diamonds again until some/most of these ads are removed. And from what I have seen in comments here and there, a lot of other people feel the same way. There are a lot of other games out there inno, and you might just be forcing a lot of your player base away to play them through being too greedy.

Oh, and whilst I'm here, 28 pounds a month for the 'plus' version is absolutely ridiculous! 3 times more than Netflix! What a joke!

Edit: I advise everyone to amend their Google play store review - the playerbase has more power than we suspect. 1* reviews are now the norm for inno!

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Corporal
Knowing people will dislike ads feature in the game and trying to loot money from them by giving option to purchase forge+ to get rid of ads are the cheapest mentality. You (Inno/Foe team) guys never learned the expectation of players in the game.

Have watched many ads and getting message like "no ads available". It's a showstopper issue in the beautiful game.

In a day, what was the total limit to watch the ads. If there is no limit, please apply restriction like maximum of 5 ads per day only possible. If any player crossed the limit of 5 ads, let the game feature works without ads. Is this not nice to apply and make everyone happy. Forge plus still they can keep it to avoid the limited 5 ads per day for the forge plus calendar days.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Just logged in to find ads for the first time. As I've said to support, it's either money or ads NOT BOTH and compared to what other games charge to get rid of ads I've spent enough to get free ads for many people. What I find absolutely disgusting is you've now taken something away that I've already paid for by buying diamonds in the castle AND it only lasts for 5 hours, Are you serious? Isn't this against the law?
As others have said, enjoy your ads because I won't be watching a single one and I will never spend a single penny again on what WAS a good game!
As for foe‍ plus :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:if anyone is stupid enough to pay for that then they really have more money than sense!
If these ads are not removed from my account soon I'm done with it and will start playing something from your competitors.
Congratulations on your greed and stupidity
I completely agree, after spending well over a £1000 on diamonds over past 4 years to now have Ads thrown in my face is last straw, I will never buy anymore Diamonds, so instead of increasing your revenue you are losing it, to pay to not watch ads, Youtube ect have tried it, it doesn't work...if you are that strapped for income...get rid of the Devs or people who come up with these stupid ideas, FOE was the best game on the market...not any longer... seriously thinking of quitting

Oh what a great idea… I’m targeting gold frames from here on in
Same here

I’ll be joining you n the competitors games
Same here, the more Inno mess with the game the worse it gets,

Last edited:
To be fair, I'm only actually playing this game at all because I saw an advert for it years ago in a freeware ad-funded app where you had to watch an obligatory advertisement every time it started up. I thought FoE sounded interesting, found that it was free and had good reviews, downloaded and tried it out, and the rest is history. So advertising undeniably does work...
have you downloaded merge mansion ? no of course not ... the ads are for dumb games which just insult us

Vesiger

Monarch
Sorry, but it's funny to see all the browser players suddenly complaining that their game has become unplayable when subjected to the same ads as the mobile players have been co-existing with for MONTHS ...

Smithers22

Private
Inno has missed the mark on the recent updates and "advancements". I get it: the game is designed to make money like everything else. However, with the addition of the ads, GE rewards taking a step back, and other poorly orchestrated changes, long time players have been leaving and will continue to leave the game due to this and it appears they are hopeful new players aren't aware or don't realize how poor the game has become.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
One thing I've noticed since the introduction of these ads. On a daily basis I have always had incidents in certain places that would respawn 3/4 times when collected, it would be like incident/chest/incident/incident one after another, actually had a couple of places this would happen.

Since the ads started I have places that respawn with the chest same as before but other places don't spawn the additional incidents, I can only think of 1 time in the last couple of weeks where 1 respawned once.

Are these incidents still respawned if I started clicking ads? I'm concerned that when events are running I'm missing currency due to this as I didn't recieve many in the last event. I'd like to think these haven't been blocked behind an ad but it seems like they have.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I am annoyed that all these ads have been added given the fact that not so long ago, Inno stated that they would not add ads for players who spend money on buying diamonds, yet here we are, ads, trouble is there are none to watch, the chests just look untidy littered about, if you are going to add them, at least make them able to be activated so I can take a break until they have finished playing and then I can then comment on how purile and childish they are, or if , as I suspect you think that having them non functional will make me buy the monthly no ad subscription, you really got it wrong, more determined than ever not to spend money on this game unless it is to my benefit ( ie Diamonds. ) in the long run