• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mobile Video Ads A/B Test II Feedback

Ev4ma

Captain
I have been playing this game for years and enjoy the guild and the events. But I'm afraid that either the ads go - or I will. It completely spoils the game experience, whether on mobile or PC. Sorry Inno, you have got this one REALLY WRONG.
How does it spoil the experience on Browser? We get aid all and dont need to watch ads.

It seems to have the look and feel of Adware/Ransomware!
Endless barrage of ads & 30 dollars a month ransom to get rid of them - per world
That's the thing, it's everywhere in the game, I've never seen a game be overtaken by ads before, it's so ott. What you usually get is ads after completing a level or something but I usually pay the, WAIT FOR IT, £0.69 to get rid of them, not endless ads all over the place and £30 a month to get rid, it's actually bonkers how ott these ads are.

Dombee

Private
These AB tests really do impact mobile players, which I thought was Inno's additional revenue stream, been getting more and more dissatisfied at being the test monkey.

My work around for these ads, I log into my browser once a day, collect all the crates without the need to watch ads and then log out.

Yes an additional step for me but saves time wasted by watching ads.

Unfortunately I can't do that on my ipad because the game doesn't work.
I watched a couple when I first got them to see if you could stop them but haven't watched a single one since and never will.
These AB tests really do impact mobile players, which I thought was Inno's additional revenue stream, been getting more and more dissatisfied at being the test monkey.

My work around for these ads, I log into my browser once a day, collect all the crates without the need to watch ads and then log out.

Yes an additional step for me but saves time wasted by watching ads.

Cloppydog

Private
So from what I can read, you guys are not only shoving ads back in the face of those who have already reached the threshold (of which you guys refuse to say what that is/was) but now the only way to remove them is to buy the forge plus subscription, which is priced much higher than a Netflix subscription, for one world’s worth of benefits. And if you cancel the subscription, you get ads again, even after potentially years of loyalty spending?
Yeah.. no.
I love your game but highly dislike your current choices
Hey everyone, we are moving forward with the next phase of Video Ads. For more information, please read this post and then share your feedback below!
I am absolutely disgusted by the never ending ads, especially as I have absolutely no intention of getting involved with these games. innoi seem to be completely blind to anybody elses opinion. So I guess it is goodbye as I will be shutting my account.

chalcamm01

Private
How very disappointing another Game has Ads in it.
Having to wait for the ads to end.
What I did like about FoE, was that there were NO Ads.
I already spend enough time doing the game, the daily quests, the Event quest, the other side quests and the fighting GE etc.

Well , I've heard about another game that does not include anything that uses the Internet.
Years ago I enjoy it before all this tech took over my life.
I think its time to get back outside and enjoy life.

Jfcbear

Private
The decision to apply this to all players now and force forge plus is like you doubling down on your garbage hand bluff. Well I’ll call you on that and you can say goodbye to my money. Probably statistically insignificant in terms of dollars but more players like me who have also had enough will likely also follow suit. event building stat inflation, no meaningful improvement to the game, delayed content. Sorry but why are we still playing this? No thanks, try to squeeze someone else.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
If I download a game and it has ads I delete it, By bringing these in now after so long it feels like a bait and switch move, Invested too much money over the years to just delete but there will be no more.

I know it doesn't matter and Inno couldn't care less as us end game players aren't their focus at all but they forget not only did we spend money along the way but we spent years and a lot of time teaching new players how to play/Building guilds up so they had somewhere to play and probably more time playing/dealing with guild stuff than we should have done. We've done more engaging of new players than Inno ever did.

Not paying for ad free, the cost is still more than other games. Maybe years ago when the game was decent and it didnt feel forced to buy but due to all these moves on events with golden levels and extremely badly thought out ideas like GE V I'll never spend anything again.

Forced into Ads now! After all I've put into this game and money I've spent, i am now expected to watch ads to play! Your joking, making my way to the end now feels uninspired. This was one of the few games i enjoyed because it didn't have any stupid ads. I guess its time to move on ... which i feel a lot of long players like me will also do for feeling betrayed

Last edited by a moderator:

Bamm

Private
Lol, your killing your own revenue atm.
All the diamond buyers must be multiplied with this subscription to avoid ads by many, but the ones who bought in the past probably isn't that eager now any more, 5 bucks for just playing that's what you are actually asking, goodbye FTP, goodbye Diamond buyers....
Sounds pretty much your killing the gold goose!

Hey everyone, we are moving forward with the next phase of Video Ads. For more information, please read this post and then share your feedback below!
I’ve been playing FoE for six years, I’ve spent a lot on diamonds in past years, this decision is enough to make me move on.

My cities are littered with ads, you’ve implemented some dark patterns to grab accidental clicks and I’ve been stuck, having completed all eras and all research with nowhere left to go. Why would I want to spend anything on a game I’ve pretty much completed?

It’s an absolutely terrible decision, poorly thought out, poorly implemented and is pretty much a pay to play game. I came here to get away from this model.

I hope you change this, if not you’ve lost a long(ish) term player from four worlds. I want to play FoE, not play dodge the advert.

I had the amphitheatre with adds a few years ago and could not for the life of me tell anyone what was being advertised as I just didn't look at the things. I would play em and get the small benefits but completely ignored the adds themselves. It turned out to be short lived though, perhaps the latest bit of money grabbing nonsense will be the same.

PS If you are in my hood and have that stupid gold frame around your avatar showing you pay money for forge plus I will plunder you every day.
Oh what a great idea… I’m targeting gold frames from here on in

Just logged in to find ads for the first time. As I've said to support, it's either money or ads NOT BOTH and compared to what other games charge to get rid of ads I've spent enough to get free ads for many people. What I find absolutely disgusting is you've now taken something away that I've already paid for by buying diamonds in the castle AND it only lasts for 5 hours, Are you serious? Isn't this against the law?
As others have said, enjoy your ads because I won't be watching a single one and I will never spend a single penny again on what WAS a good game!
As for foe‍ plus :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:if anyone is stupid enough to pay for that then they really have more money than sense!
If these ads are not removed from my account soon I'm done with it and will start playing something from your competitors.
Congratulations on your greed and stupidity
I’ll be joining you n the competitors games

Fling Flung

Private
Ads on incidents … what the hell? Next time GBG a video prior to each fight would be also good and help destroying the game play…
Friends Tavern, got to watch a movie and get 1h boost, no video on PC and freaking 4h of boost… that’s discrimination of mobile players…
unhappy customer! (in case you care)